Get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow ( possible, but... )

Hi,

I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow.  I
need to change several properties of nested report.  GetChild(), comonly
used, can't get the child, it returns -1.  But, If i do that :

After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular...

DataWindowChild ldwc_nested

dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" )
dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested )
dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" )

ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report.

I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( "..." ) I want. ldwc_nested is the nested
report in the first row of dw_tabular.  If I do ldwc_nested.Modify( "..." ),
only the nested report of the first row for dw_tabular is changed, nested
for all other rows of dw_tabular become invisible.

How can I do a GetChild() for all others rows ?  Or can i get childs for
other rows with "dot notation" ?

Thanks for your help !!

P.S. If you want, you can also reply in french :)

0
Dominic
12/10/1999 9:59:37 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
📃 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 633 Views

getchild works with composites.  I see that you have changed it to a
composite so it allows you to do a getchild.

But it doesn't work always.  That is why they probably have that check.

I would suggest trying to make the report a composite.

--
Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamSybase)

Dominic Crousset <[email protected]> wrote in article
<[email protected]>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow.
> need to change several properties of nested report.  GetChild(), comonly
> used, can't get the child, it returns -1.  But, If i do that :
>
> After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular...
>
> DataWindowChild ldwc_nested
>
> dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" )
> dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested )
> dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" )
>
> ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report.
>
> I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( "..." ) I want. ldwc_nested is the
nested
> report in the first row of dw_tabular.  If I do ldwc_nested.Modify( "..."
),
> only the nested report of the first row for dw_tabular is changed, nested
> for all other rows of dw_tabular become invisible.
>
> How can I do a GetChild() for all others rows ?  Or can i get childs for
> other rows with "dot notation" ?
>
> Thanks for your help !!
>
> P.S. If you want, you can also reply in french :)

0
DawnBrownEyes