Excel data into Datawindow

Is there a PB function to import an excel file into a datawindow or any OLE
to do that?

You could either save the Excel file as a CSV file and use the ImportFile
( ) method to bring the data in, or you could create an ODBC connection to
the Excel file and use SQL to get the data. OLE methods area also available,
but ends up being just a bit more code to maintain.

Sanjiv.

"A Chan" <AChan> wrote in message news:40e8a15b@forums-2-dub...

> Is there a PB function to import an excel file into a datawindow or any
> OLE
> to do that?

0
Sanjiv

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindow Nested Datawindow in data entry
hi!!! all , can i use nested datawindow in data entry to show important data ? means i want to show scrolling infomration on each row of a detail of a master detail screen. how can I do it ? means in an entry screen I want to show some scrolling information as the detail of detail on each row ? thanks , -neelesh If information is less you can simply add a dummy column,In detail screen. no the information is not less ... but the requirement is to make it as another detail as we don't know how much rows may come in it ... if it is more then the screen then ...

data from datawindow to excel
Please help! I need to get data from a datawindow to pre-formated excel spreadsheets. Does anyone have a great solution to this problem? Should I use ole or dde or some other kind of coding solution? Sample code is much appreciated You must use ole. Look online books for sample - it's easy and work! Good luck, Gennady. Chris Edwards wrote: > Please help! > > I need to get data from a datawindow to pre-formated excel spreadsheets. > Does anyone have a great solution to this problem? > Should I use ole or dde or some other kind of coding solution? ...

Altering data within datawindow when datawindow in querymode
Hello all I have this datawindow which has a field called ISBN, I have set this datawindow in querymode and I need to scan in the ISBN numbers into the DW for retrieval. The problem is that I only need the string from third position to the tenth position, mid(isbn, 3, 10). In itemchange event I am unable to change this field as its get inputed. In another word, I need to alter this field before the 'Where' clause is set for querymode to get executed. dw_isbn.object.querymode='N' dw_isbn.accepttext() dw_isbn.retrieve() I tried to change the data of this field...

importing excel data into a datawindow
I'm trying to import data from an excel file that contains 20 columns and about 25 rows. However, some of the columns contain alphabetic data that contains several lines of text. Therefore, when I save the file as a tab delimited text file it causes problems when importing to the datawindow. The datawindow thinks that the column data, which gets word-wrapped, is several different records when in fact it is only one. By the way I am using PB 5. Gerald PB looks for tabs and CRs. It shouldn't care about wrapping, which is just a visual feature of an editor anyway. On wr...

Retrieve Data from Excel into a Datawindow
Hi, I have created an OLE object that opens an Excel worksheet, the user then adds data to the worksheet. I'm trying to pull data from a cell on the Excel worksheet, into a local variable in Powebuilder. It isn't pulling the information from Excel. Any suggestions? Thanks, Kris I've put an example on CodeXchange under PowerBuilder, ActiveX/OLE that demonstrates how to get data from Excel into PB. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit...

Datawindows with child datawindows

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Import Data From Excel to Datawindow
Hi there I'm using Powerbuilder Ver. 9 I want to import data from excel sheet to datawindow at run time by creating the datawindow depending on excel cells for the column name and data type Could any one help me how can i do it thanks alot With my best regards Ahmad Alhowaimel You can create an ODBC profile that uses your Excel spreadsheet as the "database". Once that is created, PowerBuilder sees it as just another database connection, and you can create datawindows using that datasource. Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <Ahmad Alhowaimel> wrote in message ...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

datawindow

Can DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable handle DataWindow expressions ?
Hi there, I have a couple of DWs that I am saving as HTML. I use 'DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable' to get the html (I've also tried data.html). I prifix this with the StyleSheet in order to get the layout correct i.e. bold, colours etc.. One DW is very simple and works no problem. The other (external) DW is very complicated and has loads of columns. Depending on various column data values, all the columns have expressions to control things like x and coords, height, width, visibility etc.. When I get the HTML the layout is not correct. Some column are not displayed when the...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Web resources about - Excel data into Datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo