Error: Invalid DataWindow row/column specified

I am using PowerBuilder 10.5.   I have an external
Datawindow that links to a DropDownDW with a display column
called "name1_txt" and a data column called
"address_key_id".
I am able to populate the field from the DropDownDW after
the window opens.
Prior to the window opening in the ue_init() of the window:
        dw_address_names.SetTransObject(itran)
        ll_Error =
dw_address_names.GetChild("name1_txt",ldwc_AddressNames)
                ldwc_AddressNames.SetTransObject(itran)

                ll_RowCount = ldwc_AddressNames.Retrieve(idec_CuId)

The code correct retrieves 1 record which I can select from
the GUI.

In the ue_ok() function, I want to get the data column
"address_key_id " with code:
ldec_Address_Key_Id =
dw_address_names.GetItemDecimal(1,"address_key_id")
However, this gives me "Invalid DataWindow row/column
specified" error.
Anyone have any ideas why I am able to select an item from
the DDDW but not retrieve the data value?
0
crconti
12/14/2010 6:22:16 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
📃 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 4853 Views

A dddw is meant for choosing a display value from a list which it then
uses to push the data value into the parent dw's column. You'll want
dw_address_names.GetItemXXX (1, 'name1_txt')
In other words, you won't need to access the dddw at all to get the
value. A simple GetItemXXX on the parent dw should give you the value
you're looking for.

On 12/14/2010 12:22 PM, crconti wrote:
> I am using PowerBuilder 10.5.   I have an external
> Datawindow that links to a DropDownDW with a display column
> called "name1_txt" and a data column called
> "address_key_id".
> I am able to populate the field from the DropDownDW after
> the window opens.
>
> Prior to the window opening in the ue_init() of the window:
>
>    dw_address_names.SetTransObject(itran)
>          ll_Error =
> dw_address_names.GetChild("name1_txt",ldwc_AddressNames)
>            ldwc_AddressNames.SetTransObject(itran)
>
>            ll_RowCount = ldwc_AddressNames.Retrieve(idec_CuId)
>
> The code correct retrieves 1 record which I can select from
> the GUI.
>

> In the ue_ok() function, I want to get the data column
> "address_key_id " with code:
>
> ldec_Address_Key_Id =
> dw_address_names.GetItemDecimal(1,"address_key_id")
>
> However, this gives me "Invalid DataWindow row/column
> specified" error.
>
> Anyone have any ideas why I am able to select an item from
> the DDDW but not retrieve the data value?
-1
Jason
12/14/2010 6:38:47 PM
Hi;
Is the column "address_key_id" really a decimal data type?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
[...]