Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.

Blank
Hello folks,

How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows?
The situation as follows:

I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph)
presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object  (Excel
Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band.
I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External)
fields: anytext, anynumeric
values: first, 1
           first, 2
           first, 3
            second, 1
            second, 2
            second, 3
I mapped OLE data as follows
Group by: anytext
Target Data: anytext
                    avg(anynumeric for object)
I used the next properties of OLE container
Contents: Any/Embedded/Linked
DisplayType: Content/Icon
Activation: DoubleClick
LinkUpdate: Automatic

In preview mode/runtime I get the blank screen, but datawindow has a data.
I do nothing special with datawindow after retrieve on runtime (no
PowerScript).
Can you show me mistake in my settings?

I tried a different datasources (SQL select/ SP / External), different OLE
(Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) - I get the blank screen anyway
without any errors.

I know by heart the Help unit of "OLE objects and the OLE presentation
style".
I can't find necessary information in the Internet/newsgroups/forums - seems
like nobody do that or everyone has no problems with it.

Please help - suggestions/links for resources.

Win2k/PB 6.5.1/PB 80
I can send source of datawindow if you'll request.
________________
With best regards,
Alex Kash
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
Mail2:Alex_Kash@mail.ru

0
AlexBY

Please don't cross-post
(follow-ups set to ole-ocx-activex)

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"AlexBY" <alex_kash@mail.ru> wrote in message
> Blank
> Hello folks,
>
> How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows?
> The situation as follows:
>
> I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph)
> presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object  (Excel
> Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band.
> I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External)
> fields: anytext, anynumeric
> values: first, 1
>            first, 2
>            first, 3
>             second, 1
>             second, 2
>             second, 3
> I mapped OLE data as follows
> Group by: anytext
> Target Data: anytext
>                     avg(anynumeric for object)
> I used the next properties of OLE container
> Contents: Any/Embedded/Linked
> DisplayType: Content/Icon
> Activation: DoubleClick
> LinkUpdate: Automatic
>
> In preview mode/runtime I get the blank screen, but datawindow has a data.
> I do nothing special with datawindow after retrieve on runtime (no
> PowerScript).
> Can you show me mistake in my settings?
>
> I tried a different datasources (SQL select/ SP / External), different OLE
> (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) - I get the blank screen anyway
> without any errors.
>
> I know by heart the Help unit of "OLE objects and the OLE presentation
> style".
> I can't find necessary information in the Internet/newsgroups/forums -
seems
> like nobody do that or everyone has no problems with it.
>
> Please help - suggestions/links for resources.
>
> Win2k/PB 6.5.1/PB 80
> I can send source of datawindow if you'll request.
> ________________
> With best regards,
> Alex Kash
> *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
> Mail2:Alex_Kash@mail.ru

0
Simon

Datawindow as OLE (Microsoft Excel Chart) presentation style. Please help
BlankHello folks, I'm newbie in OLE. I need a datawindow of Microsoft Excel Chart presentation style. The datawindow is built on sp. At first I got the blank datawindow with created text labels, but datawindow had a data. (I had exported it into Excel worksheet.) When I removed text labels form datawindow, the datawindow stopped to retrieve data, I prompted with 'wrong number or type of arguments' message. What should I do for workable datawindow? Another one issue. How can I specify a series on 'Data' tab of datawindow properties. I have the next results...

external datawindows, ole objects and a composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

Get data from ole object in ole datawindow
Could anybody tell me how to get data (like blob myblob = ole_1.objectdata) .But in my case is ole datawindow which has a column is ole object. I try to updateblob using data(bitmap in painbrush) from ole object in datawindow. Thanks. You don't need to use updateblob with ole column objects in datawindows, it is done automatically. Check out Table Blob objects in the online help for details (NB these are broken in builds of 7.0.2 after 8030, but mended in 7.0.3) S. -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 F...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

using ms excel diagram as ole container in a datawindow
Hi, I want to use ms excel diagram as ole container in a datawindow, either as OLE presentation style or as OLE control inside the datawindow. Works fine for the first steps until I define the target data in the data tab of the properties dialog. The OLE shows always some sample data , never the data I've defined. If I preview the data an retrieve, nothing changes. Any tips? TIA Chris Werner ...

OLE Datawindow Presentation Style
I thought I asked this once, but cannot find it, so I apologize if I'm repeating myself. Has anybody actually used the OLE Datawindow Presentation style? I looked at it once when I thought I could simulate a mail merge with Word and again when I thought I could load a PDF to print it. The entire help consists of a few paragraphs and a short description of how to use bookmarks in Word. There is very little mentioned anywhere else. I'm just curious if anybody has found a purpose for this style, and what, if anything, could be done to make it useful. I'd really...

using excel ole in datawindow
I am an excel ole in my datawindow. I have two question, 1. How can I put data into the ole? I have tried dw_1.object.excel_object.object.application.cells(1,2).value = 1 but it doesn't work. 2. I want to save excel ole into an excel file with overwrite option. (now the system will popup a message box as me to confirm overwrite existing file or not, I don't want this happen) I am using dw_1.object.excel_object.object.SaveAs('c:\a.exl') Thanks! Ronald ...

Please!!!! Using OLE in datawindow?????
--------------CA301789417DE3DB6C33F6E3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit HELP, how to use an OCX to display a JPG in a datawindow???? the syntax dw_1.object.ole_1.object.picture='articulo.jpg' not function but ole_1.object.picture='articulo.jpg' in a window function Ok. Why??? Gustavo Vaccaro gvaccaro@inea.com.ar --------------CA301789417DE3DB6C33F6E3 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <...

Using OLE Excel inside datawindow
I have created an Excel OLE object inside a datawindow with a Macro and i would like to know if there is a way to automatically run that macro as soon as i start a retrieve on datawindow. Is there a way to make it executes the excel macro from powerscript? You could use the RetrieveStart or RetrieveEnd events on the DataWindow object. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Branick Consulting, Inc. www.branick-inc.com EAServer & PowerBuilder Consulting & Training EAServer and PowerBuilder Computer Based Training Courses <Riccardo> wrote in message news:440f2267.7b6c...

Help Please ... Datawindow Ole Problem
Hi Scenario ......... I am saving Word documents in an long column in an Oracle database These columns are introduced in a dw as a OLE database blob object. I activate these columns using the OLEActivate (). These Word documents are based on a .dot template. Problem ........ I need to trigger word macros in the OLE database blob object, when activated. I cannot use script like oleobject iole_doc iole_doc=Create oleobject iole_doc.ConnecttoNewobject ("word.application" ) iole_doc.application.run(<macroname>) because I cannot get a reference to the OLE ...

Question on using OLE objects in Datawindow???
? I cannot get 2 OLE m-soft word docs to print out correctly using a datawindow. Currently using pb6.5. Retrieve SQL is pulling names/address from temp table. i then want to pull in a letter m-soft document for the front of the page and print a rate sheet (another msoft word document) on the back. it will be printed on a duplexing printer. How do i get the rate sheet to force onto another page?? i tried setting up two groups and putting the name/address and letter in top group and rate doc in second group with a new page flag.. but i think i confused it.... jsulewski@fbmc-...

Web resources about - Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help. - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow