Displaying a single Data Window Column in multiple columns

I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using
Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple
columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help
would be appreciated.
Thanks
Yehuda

0
Yehuda

Newspaper columns?

Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB5511.E9262E3C@yahoo.com>...
>I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using
>Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple
>columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help
>would be appreciated.
>Thanks
>Yehuda

0
Jerry
4/4/2001 6:15:31 PM
How do you do that?

Jerry Siegel wrote:

> Newspaper columns?
>
> Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB5511.E9262E3C@yahoo.com>...
> >I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using
> >Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple
> >columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help
> >would be appreciated.
> >Thanks
> >Yehuda

0
Yehuda
4/4/2001 7:50:25 PM
It's on the print specifications for the datawindow object  - see help.

Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB7B01.2B364FDD@yahoo.com>...
>How do you do that?
>
>Jerry Siegel wrote:
>
>> Newspaper columns?
>>
>> Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB5511.E9262E3C@yahoo.com>...
>> >I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using
>> >Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple
>> >columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help
>> >would be appreciated.
>> >Thanks
>> >Yehuda

0
Jerry
4/5/2001 2:24:55 PM
I guess I wasn't clear in my original question. I want to display the data on
the screen in multiple column format -sorted vertically, not in a print
report. Is this possible?

Thanks

Jerry Siegel wrote:

> It's on the print specifications for the datawindow object  - see help.
>
> Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB7B01.2B364FDD@yahoo.com>...
> >How do you do that?
> >
> >Jerry Siegel wrote:
> >
> >> Newspaper columns?

0
Yehuda
4/5/2001 4:25:50 PM
If you use a CrossTab datawindow you can select the column you wish to
expand across the width of the DW. Then by hiding the detail and summary
selections (Height = 0) you can get the effect I think you are looking for.

Cheers, Paul

"Yehuda" <yehudaoratz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I guess I wasn't clear in my original question. I want to display the data
on
> the screen in multiple column format -sorted vertically, not in a print
> report. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerry Siegel wrote:
>
> > It's on the print specifications for the datawindow object  - see help.
> >
> > Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB7B01.2B364FDD@yahoo.com>...
> > >How do you do that?

0
Paul

Displaying single column of data across multiple columns..
Hi all... Okies my problem.... I have a dataset that has a single column, with 100 rows. I wan't to display this in a table with 4 columns with 25 rows in each column.. Does anyone know of a simple solution? Thank's in advance. Jeremy Baka Saru Hi, you can try the DataList with RepeatColumns property set to 4.  Alvin ChooiMicrosoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com...

displaying multiple columns in a gridview populated from a single column
hi, i'm a newbie so my apologies in advance if i am not explaining my problem clearly... i'm happy to repost to help clarify anything. Problem: i am not able to sort and organize my record set the way i need to to popluate my gridview. i am looking for suggestion on either how to construct my sql statement, or manipulate my gridview. Environment: i am working in asp.net 2.0 and using a sql server db. Details: I have a single table called Loans. i need to retrieve three columns from that table: LoanOfficer, LoanState, and LoanKey. The LoanState column contains one of three v...

How to display a column data partially but need complete column data for update?
I have a column in my gridview that contains API KEYS for google maps. These keys are huge so i just need to display partial key for viewing purpose. But I need the complete key when user clicks on update button in gridview. How can I achieve this? Any ideas. I am copying part of my gridview aspx code. Rest of the code is coming from my class file for object datasource. <asp:GridView ID="gvDomains" runat="server" DataSourceID="odsDomains" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="DomainID" Height="147px" Width="30...

split single column into multiple column
 Hi all,I have table with 2 columns as shown below...id     products_list  1    a,b,c2     d,e,f3     g,h,iNow I need a query which will ouput the result as below...id     products_list1    products_list2       products_list3  1    a                      b                    &...

Display Multiple Columns into One Column
My first ASP.NET/SQL project. I'm creating an Asset Management DB. I wish to view the Asset number, the full name of the user it's assigned to and the Make and Model of each record in the DB. However assets are split into different categories e.g. monitors, PCs, Preinters etc. and they are all in different tables. The SQL below displays the asset number, Name of person assigned and the model of the asset. SELECT Hardware.AssetNo, [User].FullName, MonitorModel.Model, PCModel.Model AS Expr1, PrinterModel.Model AS Expr2 FROM Hardware INNER JOIN [User] ON Hardware.UserID = [User].User...

Filter problem in display column and data column
Hello I have a strange situation and needs to solve immediately. I have a generic window to maintain different tables through different datawindows. The datawindows will be assigned dynamically based on the user selection. I have provided filter functionality in this generic window using PFC filter. Now, my problem is, in each datawindow some of the columns I am using as drop down datawindows to display coulmns and data columns on the behind. When user tries to filter on one column which has drop down datawindow, it is giving an error as "Invalid filter", which is right ...

Sorting columns when displaying single column in DataList

DDDW Display column VS Data column
I have 2 codes that are different. like aaa, bbb (data column) but for their description (display column) it is same. "Test" and when I choose bbb, it only takes aaa. It looks like it does not care about data column. it looks up the display column and then takes the first match. and itemchanged even won't even get fired. Is this true about datawindow service? if so, why? or is there any other way to get around it? Thanks. If the display values are the same, how does the user know which one to choose? You need to make the display values unique. You could do ...

Create multiple datagrid columns from single column
I have a datagrid that generates a single column of data that is extremely long. I'd like to find a method to create multiple columns from the single column so the data is easier to read. I have tried the DIV method to create a scroll bar, but it's still a single column of data. The other goal is to make the data printable. If I can crop the column when it hits the bottom of the page, and then start it again on a new column it will be easier to read and printable. Is this possible? Should I be using a different control other than a datagrid? Thanks!------------------------------...

how to display data in multiple columns
Hi, I use DataGrid control to display a table with have 2 fields. I want to display to data in the following format row# field1 field2 row# field1 field2 1 xxx xxx 4 xxx xxx 2 xxx xxx 5 xxx xxx 3 xxx xxx 6 xxx xxx how to define the datagrid template to archieve it? Do I need 2 datagrid controls? Thanks! Switch to a DataList, and you can display like this by setting RepeatDirection = "Vertical" and RepeatColumns = "2". ...

Display multiple columns in Gridview from One Column of SQL table
Hi I have a table in sql with 2 columns and I want to display that in multiple columns in Gridview. SQL Table No.            Type 1               A1 1               B2 2              A2 2               B2 3        &...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

Display Multiple Columns from the Database in One Column of a Table in the Form
Hi, I have a table with several columns in the database and I want to display this some of these cols in one column. So for example: I have in the table, NameCustomer, TitleCustomer, and DescriptionCustomer and I want to display this info in one col of a table, just like that: NameCustomer TitleCustomer DescriptionCustomer Those three in one col, I do not know if can use a datagrid or something else, Does any body has a suggestion?  Hi Use a repeater to populate your columns. Thanks  Wonder is the beginning of wisdom[ If my p...

File, Line,Column,Project columns not displaying data in Error List!
Hi I need help here. In my error list window, my File, Line,Column,Project columns are not displaying data at at all thus it's making it very difficult to debug my errors. can someone enlighten me on this issue? Thanks alot!Sincerely Yours, Abupapa Hello, Anyone bother to help me or know the answer to my question? Thank you.. Sincerely Yours, Abupapa...

Web resources about - Displaying a single Data Window Column in multiple columns - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

List of birds displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This list includes birds for which there is documented evidence of homosexual or transgender behavior of one or more of the following kinds: ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

Displaying calorie labels at fast-food restaurants doesn't appear to work: study
While the high calorie counts of artery-clogging fast foods are often printed right in front of our eyes, most people ignore them and go ahead ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Google begins displaying “Listen Now” ads for streaming music services (including Beats) in search results ...
... , Streaming Music Continue reading more about Apps , Google , and Spotify at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google begins displaying ...