Difference in the way insert & delete on key modification is handled between pb 6.5 & PB 8

I've run across some behaviour that has changed between PB 6.5 and PB 8.03
(9704)...

When the update properties of a datawindow are set to delete & insert on
key modification, Powerbuilder 6.5 appears to compare the original and new
values of the key column(s) and only issues a delete & insert if they are
different.

Powerbuilder 8 appears to use the column status, and will issue a delete
and insert even when the old and new values are the same if the status of
the column is datamodified.

We used the obvious workaround of changing the datawindow to update on key
modification & all is well again.

If you're suddenly seeing delete's happen in PB 8 where they didn't in 6.5,
this might be the cause. FWIW.

- Laverne

DONTSPAMME_lavernekelly@shaw.ca
0
Laverne_Kelly

Crystal Reports 8.5 && PB 6.5.1 && SQLServer 2K
I am trying to incorporate Crystal Reports(8.5) into my PowerBuilder App(PB 6.5.1) but i getting an error(599) ... i am also using SQLServer 2000 for my database ... I am doing API calls to the CRPE.DLL file. My Question are : 1.) Fisrt off which all files(dlls) would i have to include in my releases so that i can have this feature work smoothly without any problems on other client machine that do nothave the Crystal Reports software intalled . 2.) Do i have to specify the Datasource though pb codes ... i was told that once i have specified one through my System DSN that the app w...

Cystal Reports(v 8.5) && PB 6.5.1
I am trying to directly incorporate crystal reports(version 8.5) into my pb(version 6.5.1) application, has anyone done this before. I am first off all trying to figure out if this can be done and getting all necessary info. Thanks in advance. http://support.crystaldecisions.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/docs_development.pdf On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:38:10 -0500, Charlie wrote: >I am trying to directly incorporate crystal reports(version 8.5) into my >pb(version 6.5.1) application, has anyone done this before. I am first off >all trying to figure out if this can be do...

PB 6.5 & PB 8, coexist?
Hi! I�m again, I forgot ask: Can I have installead at same time PB6.5 and PB 8 in my PC? In past, I experimented some problems with PB3.x and PB5.x installed in my PC at same time, malfunctions in PB3 . TIA. Hi Erick, I know that there is not any problem to get PB6.5, PB7, PB 8 installed in the same box, I have PB 5, PB6.5, PB 7 in the same machine with not problems. HTH Osvaldo. Erick Morales <emorales@sia.com.mx> wrote in message news:e2c87XLLBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Hi! > > I�m again, I forgot ask: > > Can I have installead at ...

PB 7 vs PB 6 & PB 5
We have a large application, compiled with PB 5.04, running at about 20 client sites. Generally speaking, if a PB 5.04 app is compiled with PB 7, what changes can the developer expect in app performance and memory usage? Thank you, st I'm assuming that 5.04 app is a 16 bit app. With PB7, you're going to be compiling 32bit apps. There are issues associated with that (I don't know if you are calling 16 bit functions or not). The files will generally be much larger. I haven't seen much myself that noticable as far as memory or performance issues though. O...

PB 6.5.1 & DataWindow Computed Column & PowerGen
I have a problem with a datawindow Computed Column If I compile with PowerGen it won't work if I do a Fullrebuild with PowerBuilder it won't work but if I regenerate that specific datawindow and compile with out a Full Rebuild it WILL work. Any Ideas? Thanks, Adri�n --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.419 / Virus Database: 235 - Release Date: 13/11/02 Nope. I've never seen this. What kind of error do you get? On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:57:51 -0600, "Adri�n Galv�n Quintani...

PB 6.5.1 and Oracle 8.05 & 8.1.5
I have PB 6.5.1 and want to connect to Oracle 8.05 onwards maybe upto 8.1.5. After seeing all the messages about this problem, I have downloaded the file Pbo8460.dll and copied this file into PowerSoft/shared directory. Changed the PBOR860.dll into PBOR860.old.dll. Added ",O84 Oracle 8.0.4" in the vendors line of the ini file. Restarted the powerbuilder. Try to create a new profile for Oralce 8 and I am getting an error "Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." Wh...

PB 6.5.1 and Oracle 8.05 & 8.1.5 #2
I have PB 6.5.1 and want to connect to Oracle 8.05 onwards maybe upto 8.1.5. After seeing all the messages about this problem, I have downloaded the file Pbo8460.dll and copied this file into PowerSoft/shared directory. Changed the PBOR860.dll into PBOR860.old.dll. Added ",O84 Oracle 8.0.4" in the vendors line of the ini file. Restarted the powerbuilder. Try to create a new profile for Oralce 8 and I am getting an error "Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." Wh...

PB 6.5.1 and Oracle 8.05 & 8.1.5 #3
I have PB 6.5.1 and want to connect to Oracle 8.05 onwards maybe upto 8.1.5. After seeing all the messages about this problem, I have downloaded the file Pbo8460.dll and copied this file into PowerSoft/shared directory. Changed the PBOR860.dll into PBOR860.old.dll. Added ",O84 Oracle 8.0.4" in the vendors line of the ini file. Restarted the powerbuilder. Try to create a new profile for Oralce 8 and I am getting an error "Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." Wh...

PB 6.5.1 & Oracle 8.0.5
I can connect to my server from my client using Net Client and SQL Plus. I can connect through ODBC in PowerBuilder. However, when I connect to my database on the server using PowerBuilder and the Oracle drivers, and try to open a table, I get the following message. ORA-00904: invalid column name This message does not appear when I connect using ODBC. Can someone help me out with my problem. Put a trace on your connection: dbms=trace O84 It will show you on which statement Oracle is choking. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. James Dick wrote in me...

Oracle 8.04 & PB/SQL&Anywhere 5.5.01 ODBC
Since "upgrading" from Oracle 7.3 to 8.04, we have been getting "access violation" errors in a PB 5 application that also uses a local SQL*Anywhere database (v. 5.5.01, build #1333) for read/write. The access violation errors refer to the SQL*Anywhere tables, not the Oracle tables (which are read only). I suspect interaction between Oracle's ODBC drivers (even though they're not supposed to be used in this application) and Sybase's. The application worked fine when we used Oracle 7.3. Any insights? ...

PB 6.5.1 & Oracle 8.1.6
We have upgraded to 8.1.6 Oracle database with PB 6.5.1 Build 1206. Our latest problem with the 8.1.6 database is an ORA 6502 on some stored procedures we are calling from a datawindow. It is intermittent, but when the users get it, I can re-produce it but then it will disappear with no changes on our part. Just wondered if it had been noted before and if there is a known problem. It appears to be happening ONLY when we are using the O84 dll, it never happens if we use the O73 dll. I re-compiled with the latest release EBF for 6.5.1 and we seem to have the same errors. We have...

PB 7.0 & PB 6.5
Hi, lcidll32.dll (used in PB 6.5 for database connectivity)-could anyone tell the equivalent dll version in PB 7.0 thanks. nsr ...

Oracle 8.0.5 & Odbc 8.057 with PB 6.51
Hello, I met a serious problem while I try to connect to a Oracle 8.0.5 Db with Odbc driver v 8.057. For some operations I have the following error messages : * "Ora 009002 Invalid Datatype" * "Ora 01861 Literal does not match format string" * "Restricted data type attribute violation" for others (most of them) it works properly... Could you explain it for me? What to do? Thank's in advance Try any of the other 805 ODBC drivers (4,6,8). Oracle ODBC drivers tend to be not very solid. Make sure that you've patched Net805 to the lat...

Urgent
We are attempting to migrate a PB application running on Oracle 8.0.5 to Oracle 8.1.6 for a client. This is a new install of Oracle8i on a WIN/NT 4.0 SP6 server. We are attempting to use a Win98 w/s connected thru TCP/IP. We've loaded the 8i client on the workstation and sqlplus works fine. We've regenerated the application using PB6.5.1 bld 1173 and are using the correct runtime dlls (pbvm60.dll bld 1173, pbo8460.dll bld 1173, etc. ). When the application is ran, it seems to connect to the database for ID validation but then gets a invalid page fault in <unknown> at...

Web resources about - Difference in the way insert & delete on key modification is handled between pb 6.5 & PB 8 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Environmental Modification Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Environmental Modification Convention ( ENMOD ), formally the Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental ...

Facebook Tests Modifications Of Plugin For Sharing Links
Facebook appears to be testing subtle variations of its plugin for websites to let readers share links on the social network. The test versions ...

iPad 2 Dodocase Smart Cover Modification - YouTube
Just a quick demo of my quick and easy Dodocase modification. As explained in the video, all I did was take a couple refrigerator magnets (stacked ...

Female genitalia: mutilation and modification
Female genitalia: mutilation and modification

Eyeball tattoos and body modification: Luna Cobra on his extreme tattoos
WHAT’S the next trend when tattoos are too mainstream?

Curves part of a smooth modification
Architects have managed to marry modern with art deco in this renovation.

CBC News Indepth: Genetic Modification
CBC.ca - Canada's Online Information Source

Plane in Nevada crash had 'radical' modifications
The World War II-era plane that plummeted into an air-race crowd like a missile in Nevada Friday afternoon bore little resemblance to its original ...

Chief Designer discusses J-15 shipborne aircraft's performance modifications
Chief Designer discusses J-15 shipborne aircraft's performance modifications People's Daily Online On November 6th, the 5th media day of AVIC, ...

Body Modification Goes Techno: Biohacker Sews Computer Chip Into His Arm
The ultimate in wearable technology. Tim Cannon a German-based biohacker sews a computer chip into his arm.