Describe("DataWindow.Objects") Functionality for Report DataWindow object Doesn't Work

Hello there.
I want to change the nested report object(s) attributes.

I had used Describe() function to get objects -("DataWindow.Objects").
After removing the tab spaces I was able to get the object name within that
DW. By checking the Attributes -(ls_obj + ".Attributes") I came to know by
finding "nested_argument"  that the current object is (nested) report.

Now if I assigned this object to the DDDWChild/Any variable it gives error
either at compilation or at run time.
If I created a datastore locally & assigned the dataobject of the current
object (report) ((ls_obj + ".Name") and (ls_obj +".DataObject")). If I used
to get the objects of this report object  it works fine. But if I modified
any of the properties it does'nt get reflected in my datawindow control.

I just want to use either GetChild() on report nested object OR
use ls_obj.Describe("DataWindow.Objects") to access the objects of nested
report object dynamically within a loop instead of hard coding it.

Please help me for any another way to accomplish my task.

Zameer
0
Jammu

Using "New" for "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error doesn't work...
Hi, I'm trying to build a sql insert statement by reading through each textbox the footer of a DataGrid control. Here's my datagrid code:<asp:DataGrid ID="Datagrid1" runat="server" OnPageIndexChanged="dgPersonnelType_PageChanger" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CellPadding="4" AlternatingItemStyle-BackColor="#FFFFBB" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="20" ShowFooter="True"> <ItemStyle BackColor="WhiteSmoke" Font-Names="verdana" Font-Size="10px" /> <Columns> <asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Insert"> <HeaderStyle BackColor="#CCCC99" Font-Bold="true" ...

can't get serverside dw functions to work: "Object doesn't support this property or method"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01BF98D3.2B917E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When the user hits update, I want to display a blank row. To do that I = have this code in my page: if (dwMine_action + "" !=3D "undefined")=20 {=20 retVal =3D dwMine.SetAction (dwMine_action, dwMine_context);=20 Response.Write(dwMine_action); // for testing=20 if (dwMine_action =3D=3D "Update") {dwMine.InsertRow(0);}=20 } Response.Write( d...

Describe("DataWindow.Objects")
Hi In some cases i am not reciveing the full list of the objects in the datawindow. Dotnotation and describe have the same problem. I am using pb7 on win2k. ...

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

Describe "DataWindow.Storage" doesn't return same values when compiled ???
Hi all, Wondering how much memory a program was using, i logged the storage used by every instance datastore. Gess what, it gave me such results !!! 1079057544, 1079038952 ... and so on .... So i decided to test it with other program and i noticed that at PB-run-time (interpreted) the amount of storage was much lower !!! 130928 for a reseted DW or DS, 294608 for the same DW containing 171 rows ... here i think everything is normal. I compile the program and run it. Now the storage used is 1079057546, even when the DW is empty !!!!!!! The value returned at compile run-ti...

Using "Business Objects" as a Data Source dor DataWindow.NET Objects
Hi: I have developed a "Business Object" layer which gets information from the DataBase. I would like to use these objects as a Source for the DataWindow.NET objects. It is possible? DO I have to use External Source? Some example? Thanks in Advance! Gus dw.net doesn't support this: I will be glad if someone comes up with an generic work around to bind. sybase is snoozing on this one. thanks vsv "DataWindows.NET" <gussabina@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4740cbfa$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi: > I have developed a "Business Ob...

"Server Operator" doesn't work with Group Object
Hi, I created a Group in eDir and added several users to the group. I then added the group to the property "Server Operator" on the server object. However, this does not appear to give the users the "server operator" priviledges. If I add the users directly to the "server operator" list, then they get the necessary access. Is this working as designed or is this a "bug". Thanks. laurab@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > Hi, > > I created a Group in eDir and added several users to the group. I then > added the group to t...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

DataWindow's "Create large binary/text database OLE object"
1) For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to load the datawindow's "Create large binary/text database OLE object" with a PDF file stored in a binary column in a SQL Anywhere 11 database (via 'System DSN' ODBC). I have successfully done so populating an OLE Object with PDF straight from a file location, but cannot get the DB OLE object type to work. 2) When I populated the OLE Object with a PDF straight from file and resize the PDF to actual size, the PDF text is blurred (pixelated). Thsi is especially a problem as I have to be able to print this PDF (more...

Datawindow "Save As" function not working
I am writing some reports for an app written by someone else. I notice that on my reports the File | "Save as" function doesn't work (choosing it just does nothing) but it does work for the previously-written reports. I inherited the dw control from u_dw. Am I not turning on a pfc service, or what? That menu option triggers the pfc_saveas event on the active window, which needs to be coded before it will do anything. On Mon, 24 May 1999 13:45:25 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Rick Charnes <rick.charnes@state.ma.us> wrote: >I am writin...

DataWindow Object "visible" Columns
Hi All I'm Using PB703 Build 10213 Suppose I have a datawindow object build on a SQL Statement retrieving 30 fields from a table. On the object layout I only use 10 of them, the rest exist only in Column Specifications. Is there any way I can have a list of the columns used on the layout, not all the columns of object. Note: If you describe the .Visible property of a column not used in the layout, this returns '0'. But I turn columns to visible & invisible from script, so this doesn't help me much. Any Suggestions? Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

"Datawindows-like" objects in Java
Hi I use PB to develop client/server applications since the version 7. Now, I will (unfortunately? ;-) have to develop a Java database client. Is there a way to use an object/library with Java that could be as powerfull as Powerbuilder's datawindow ? (I heard from JDO,JDatastore) TIA The PowerJ product had a Java DataWindow. There has been some talk of developing Java Datawindow... I have not heard anything official lately. On 10 Sep 2004 02:53:26 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <R.Schwartz> wrote: >Hi > >I use PB to develop client/s...

Gridview height="300px" works but height="40%" doesn't work
I want to divide to top-half (40%), bottom-half(60%). So I can put a gridview in top-half with scroll and put a chart in bottom-half. So when users with different resolution can see same table layout. But the problem is that if I set the gridview as pixel(such as 300px), it works. If I put the percentage(such as 40%), gridview just shows the whole data(which is more than 40% of height) even thought it supposed to limit its hieght to 40% and make it scrollable. I tried to do stuff in css and everything I know, it's not working. Somebody please help me with this!   Trying re...

Modify("DataWindow.Table.Select='...'") of nested report fails
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0129_01C2686C.21557300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have a problem with a nested report inside a composite report. The main report is a freeform with a nested grid report inside. I have converted the main report to a composite using the PROCESSING=3D5 = in the SRD export file. I want to modify the SQL select of the nested report just before the = main report is retrieved. This is done the following way: DataWindowChild ldwc...

Web resources about - Describe("DataWindow.Objects") Functionality for Report DataWindow object Doesn't Work - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow