Datawindow XML Import

I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file.
Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could
not open DTD" error.  How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at
least the path where it looks for DTD's?

-1
Chris

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

Importing XML to datawindow
I've asked this question before without getting any answer (see "values not repeating when importing xml"). I'm trying to import a XML-file into a datawindow. The structure of the XML-file is; group 1 information (e.g customer) group 2 information (e.g order) one or many details (e.g order items) I want this information imported into columns in my datawindow detail, where I have a column for each tag in the XML-file. When I import it, I get one row for each order item, but the group level information (customer and order) is set only at the rows where t...

Importing XML into a datawindow
Suppose you have an xml file and you want to import that into a datawindow. Is there a way to create the template automatically? I mean, is there a mechanism that can create the template for you, or do you have to manually do this? thanks! joe As far as I know, manually is the only way though many have suggested this as an improvement (the ability to create the datawindow from a dtd). Anyone else have thoughts on the subject? Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation "JG" <joseph.grantNOSPAM@assetpoint.com> wrote in message news:427150e9$1@forums-2-dub....

xml datawindow import
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4cab0dcf Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit using powerbuilder 11.5 hi, i have a external datawindow and xml template and try to import a xml file into the datawindow, but i got two records, instaead of one record. i want to see only one record, but with different address lines as addr1, addr2 etc The problem what i noticed is i have a addresline in the xml document, which is rpeating for more then one line with the same attribute. how to solve this porblem...

Import XML to Datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When I tried the import using the XML attached Import keeps failing. Please help as creating template is not successful either. Thanks ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/xml; name="file4.xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="file4.xml" PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLTgiPz4NCjxzOkVu dmVsb3BlIHhtbG5zOnM9Imh0dHA6Ly9zY2hlbWFzLnhtbH...

Import XML into a DataWindow
Hi all, having never used DataWindow XML Import I wonder about the limitations of this technique. I have to import a XML file containing order headers and order items. So I thought I can achieve that using a grouped DataWindow but that seems to be wrong. Here is a shortened sample of the data I like to import: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <ORDER xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://www.healy-hudson.com/XMLSchema/Schlecker/1.1" xsi:sch...

datawindow.import(XML!,"file.xml") syntax error
I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360 from the help file I saw [ImportFile method (DataWindows)] long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {, long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV") This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_em...

XML Import Error
I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. When I try to import the rows, I get this error. XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML template. Ay ideas? -- PB9.01.7151 Thank you, R.Chauvin Did you turn on the xml import tracing option? It should give you more information about what it doesn't like. On 2 Jul 2004 06:08:17 -0700, "Bob Chauvin \( Paix dehors \)" <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote: >I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. >...

Datawindows with child datawindows

datawindow

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Web resources about - Datawindow XML Import - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo