DataWindow Within DataWindow

How Can I access/modify object/control from a Datawindow within Datawindow.
When i access/modify object/control from a Datawindow i used
dw_1.modify("name.text = 'new val'") but within another datawindow or child
datawindow it doesnt work.

-1
Mark
12/16/2003 2:02:31 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
📃 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1670 Views

Your description is difficult to understand due to the terminology.  First,
a datawindow is assigned to a control - either a datawindow control or a
datastore.  Second, the Modify function can only be called within a script.
With that as a basis, can you rephrase the question and describe more
precisely what you want to do?   In particular, where (i.e., in what script
of what object) do you want to execute the modify function and on what does
this function operate?  Perhaps you are dealing with a composite datawindow
or a datawindow with nested datawindows?
"Mark" <pongsware@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How Can I access/modify object/control from a Datawindow within
Datawindow.

> When i access/modify object/control from a Datawindow i used
> dw_1.modify("name.text = 'new val'") but within another datawindow or
child
> datawindow it doesnt work.

-2
Scott