Datawindow Syntax (Composit Datawindow)

Would you help me to create datawindow layout for the report of composite
datawindow from DWsyntax at runtime?
0
Ivy_Kwok

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow
Hi All I have a question. Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we access its properties. The specific problem is that I want to combine two dws. One is generated externally and the other is a simple tabular dw coming from a db. If I try to use getchild() then I do not have columns for get child. I am using PB 7.0.3 on Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL Server. Thanks. Sincerely Saleem > Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we > access its properties. ldw_dw.object.r_pumpputyyppi.object...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Can i modify the "Table.Select" syntax for DataWindow in a composite Datawindow ?
Hi everyone, For a normal datawindow (means not composite datawindow) control , it works very well: sVarSaveSyntax = dw_1.Describe("DataWindow.Table.Select") and dw_1.modify( "datawindow.table.select" ) = my_newSelectSyntax but in a composite datawindow, it does not work. So how can i get and modify the syntax of nested datawindow? or it's impossible at all? Thanks in advance! David Wu "David Wu" <milon@nbip.net> wrote in message news:LM6#5XBwBHA.307@forums.sybase.com... > Hi everyone, > > For a normal datawi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

datawindow

Datawindows with child datawindows

Web resources about - Datawindow Syntax (Composit Datawindow) - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo