Datawindow Print Problem !!

Hi

I am experiencing a problem with the datawindow printing.
Not me actually, the case is generated at the client's end
and I am not able to generate it at my end.

The problem is that datawindow shows 10 pages in print
preview and prints only first 6 pages.

Following are the values that are set on the datawindow
before printing:

datawindow.print.page.rangeinclude=0
datawindow.print.collate=yes
Nothing is set for datawindow.print.page.range

Even if i give the values as:

datawindow.print.page.rangeinclude=0
datawindow.print.collate=yes
datawindow.print.page.range='1-10'

the problem remains same.

What could be the problem? I mean for the same datawindow
object and same datawindow control, if I give different
parameters and that takes up around 20+ pages, there is no
problem with the printing. But when it comes to 10 pages
with some other parameters, it only prints 6 pages. The data
is correct in both the cases.

Is there any problem with the client's printer settings? But
then in that case, it should also give problem when there
are 20+ pages.

The product is developed using PB 7.0.3 Build 10213

Thanx in Advance,
Malikwn
0
Malikwn

Malikwn,

The print preview page count doesn't always exactly match the actual printed
page count. This is definitely true when not in print preview mode and
sometimes true when in print preview mode. Verify that there are in fact 10
pages to print.

Definitely dig around and see if you have some code that stops the spooling
at 6 pages. If not, try printing to a file and to a psr and verify that they
contain the full contents of the DW. If the file is chopped short then
either the data isn't there to begin with (can you see it in the DW?) or
maybe your DW is corrupted.

Regards,
John
Team Sybase

<Malikwn> wrote in message news:407382f2.2b7d.846930886@sybase.com...
> Hi
>
> I am experiencing a problem with the datawindow printing.
> Not me actually, the case is generated at the client's end
> and I am not able to generate it at my end.
>
> The problem is that datawindow shows 10 pages in print
> preview and prints only first 6 pages.
>
> Following are the values that are set on the datawindow
> before printing:
>
> datawindow.print.page.rangeinclude=0
> datawindow.print.collate=yes
> Nothing is set for datawindow.print.page.range
>
> Even if i give the values as:
>
> datawindow.print.page.rangeinclude=0
> datawindow.print.collate=yes
> datawindow.print.page.range='1-10'
>
> the problem remains same.
>
> What could be the problem? I mean for the same datawindow
> object and same datawindow control, if I give different
> parameters and that takes up around 20+ pages, there is no
> problem with the printing. But when it comes to 10 pages
> with some other parameters, it only prints 6 pages. The data
> is correct in both the cases.
>
> Is there any problem with the client's printer settings? But
> then in that case, it should also give problem when there
> are 20+ pages.
>
> The product is developed using PB 7.0.3 Build 10213
>
> Thanx in Advance,
> Malikwn

0
John

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Problem in printing datawindow in Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi, I am a software consultant working in Salem, OR. I am using PB 4.0 as front end for a client server architecture using distributed database with Sybase 10.0 as back end. We are developing and running our application in Windows 3.1 with Novell as the networking software. I am continiuosly having a problem. I am using a text field in a table and having a datawindow based on that. Now, when I try to retrieve the information , it is fine but when I go to the print preview, is is showing me only a single line in that. When I try to print it, it simply prints a blank page (with footer ...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Datawindow Print Problems
I'm running PB 6.5.1. I'm trying to adjust the height of a line in a datawindow and adding '~r~n' to make it multi-line. (This was in lieu of using autosize, since it left justifies everythin.) I'm having several problems with this method. 1) The report is actually run twice when printed. The second printing, the footer overlays the last detail line in the report and the group headers are missing. 2) At times, the '~r~n' does not force multiple lines, instead I get the funny looking squares and all the data is strung on one line. 3) Sometimes the detai...

Problem Of Printing DataWindow
I hit the problem about printing report with the free text showing on bottom of one page and top of the next being the same. For example, the last sentense on the page is "Here is line 55..." , The next page starts with the sentense "Here is line 55...". Hope anyone have solution or workaround. I, too, am having a problem with printing a datawindow. After my last set of lines within a group prints, if there is not enough space on the page for the next group to print, the last set of lines prints again at the top of the next page. Then, the next group prin...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

datawindow print problem
Using PB 7.0, (6.0/6.5 does the same thing) in some cases when placing a static text object on a datawindow side by side with a data field, the data field prints out much higher on the print page. I have to move the data field down almost the equivalent of a full line to get the two to show up side by side. I checked the properties and position of both the static text and the data field, and the Y coordinates do not match until I move the data field down. Am I overlooking something simple? This does not happen with all the fields, but seems to happen consistently once you get t...

Datawindow printing problem
In both version 5.0.04 and 6.5 if you set your computer to large fonts the reports print out differently. The font size on the reports is exactly the same but there is more space between the headings and lines are longer. It is causing our program to print reports on two pages when a user chooses large fonts. Is this a know PB bug? Is there a workaround? Thanks in advance, -- Scott Bray Rise HealthWare (Remove .no_spam when replying) Scott, This is known, but is a design issue, not a bug. PB 6 was changed to make it more compatible with the Windows standards for fon...

Datawindow printing problems
Hello, I have a DW with approx. 38000 row when I issue a print() I get a Dr. Watson or the app just disappears. I am running 5.02 with a Pentium 200, 64 meg ram. I have tried migrating the app to 5.03 and I get the same results. I also tried using a print job and the results were the same. This error has just appeared, we have been running for over 8 months without a hitch. Could this be due to the # of rows?? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Please, send responses to the mail address below as well as to the group. (I use the digest mode) Thanks in advance...

Web resources about - Datawindow Print Problem !! - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo