Datawindow Print Problem with computed fields

Here is a problem Iam facing
I have  2 datawindow controls : dw_1 and dw_2
dw_1 and dw_2 are shared as --> dw_1.sharedata(dw_2)
I retrieve dw_1 ( 3 rows are retrieved), I insert two more rows into
DW_1 and do set items   on a column whose edit style is a drop down
datawindow .
Everything looks fine when I see it on screen, but when I print it ,the
4th and 5th rows  do not not show up
Is it because originally only 3 rows are retrieved  from the Database?
How do I get around this problem ?

Another problem  is : I Have  a computed field( avail)  in dw_1.  It has
a conditional expression
if (sum >0, sum-tot, 0) . Please note "sum" being another computed
column is set using a setitem fuction programatically.
When the program runs, the datwindow displays all the calculations
correctly in the  computed  fields but does not print the values in the
computed fields ( avail and sum) . Iam using a Hp laserjet V

Don't Computed fields print  ?
Please advise if there is a work-around

Reply will be appreciated.

0
ETS

Colored computed fields not printing on datawindow
I am using Windows NT and PowerBuilder 5.03 and HP LaserJet 5 When I print a datawindow with colored computed fields using the dw_xxx.print function some of the colored computed fields are left blank on the printout. If I modify their color to black they print fine. Any ideas? Mark C. Jones wrote: > > I am using Windows NT and PowerBuilder 5.03 and HP LaserJet 5 > > When I print a datawindow with colored computed fields using the > dw_xxx.print function some of the colored computed fields are left blank on > the printout. If I modify their color to blac...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Problem in printing datawindow in Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi, I am a software consultant working in Salem, OR. I am using PB 4.0 as front end for a client server architecture using distributed database with Sybase 10.0 as back end. We are developing and running our application in Windows 3.1 with Novell as the networking software. I am continiuosly having a problem. I am using a text field in a table and having a datawindow based on that. Now, when I try to retrieve the information , it is fine but when I go to the print preview, is is showing me only a single line in that. When I try to print it, it simply prints a blank page (with footer ...

Printing Problems for Datawindow contain large fields
I am using PB4.0.7 with SQL Anywhere 5.5. I have two problems in report printing that contain large data fields (like 100 lines with 65 char each) 1. When the large data field is printed across 2 page, the last line in the first page is splitted into two halves (i.e. upper half in the first page and lower half in the second page). 2. When using autosize height for data field, it seems it will trim the preceeding spaces automaically. For example: The data reads as this in the multiline box if no autosize height set. This is line one. This is line two with some space at the b...

Datawindow Computed Field Weird Math Problem
I created an external tabular datawindow with a dummy column. I added a computed field with the expression '1265.87 - 632.94'. The result of this should be 632.93. Instead of this the computed field has as result 632.929999999998. I also faced the same behavior with the following expressions: 1176.37 - 588.19 1360.37 - 680.19 195.17 - 97.59 1179.37 - 585.69 I tried the above with the same results on three different PC, in PowerBuilder versions 6.5.1, 10.2.1, even in PowerBuilder 12 beta. Thanks in advance for any response "Konaspr" <konaspr@gmail.com>...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Using Global Function in Datawindow Computed field
Hi. There is a global function returns exchange rate. The argument is currency_code and exchange_rate_date. I need to use this global function in datawindow computed field, using Datawindow's retrieval argument as an global function argument (exchange_rate_date). The problem is, in the global function, the argument exchange_rate_date is 'null'. The currency code (database field) is ok, and when i tested it using invoice_date (database field, too) , it worked. In datawindow, the retrieval argument exchange_rate_date is not null. What's wrong with it? Please, ...

print() of datawindow causes computed column not to print
PB 7.0.2 build 8030. Have a computed field on a report that looks good in preview mode, but does not appear on the printed report (using print()). Any suggestions ...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Datawindow printing problems
Hello, I have a DW with approx. 38000 row when I issue a print() I get a Dr. Watson or the app just disappears. I am running 5.02 with a Pentium 200, 64 meg ram. I have tried migrating the app to 5.03 and I get the same results. I also tried using a print job and the results were the same. This error has just appeared, we have been running for over 8 months without a hitch. Could this be due to the # of rows?? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Please, send responses to the mail address below as well as to the group. (I use the digest mode) Thanks in advance...

Web resources about - Datawindow Print Problem with computed fields - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo