Datawindow print large field

im using powerbuilder 11.5

i got a datawindow with a edit field rich text style, sometimes this
field can be a bit large and when i retrieve the datawindow it show
great on screen, when i got to printpreview the page break are all
change. it happens when the field its to large to fit in the current
page and goes to the next page where it can it the whole field there,
i want to be able to split it between the two pages.

Its there a way that i can force to keep the page break shown on the
datawindow before printpreview.

i've tried with nested reports too btw.

thank you
0
I4ncito

One thing you can try is to put that field in a "Group" and then check the
"New Page on Group Break". This will force it to a new page. Also, try
playing with the AutoSize Height option, which may affect the positioning
based on how much data is in there.

--
Dave Hauze

"I4ncito" <ian.martinez@gmail.com> wrote in message
> im using powerbuilder 11.5
>
> i got a datawindow with a edit field rich text style, sometimes this
> field can be a bit large and when i retrieve the datawindow it show
> great on screen, when i got to printpreview the page break are all
> change. it happens when the field its to large to fit in the current
> page and goes to the next page where it can it the whole field there,
> i want to be able to split it between the two pages.
>
> Its there a way that i can force to keep the page break shown on the
> datawindow before printpreview.
>
> i've tried with nested reports too btw.
>
> thank you

0
Dave
3/6/2009 3:51:17 PM
On 6 mar, 09:51, "Dave Hauze" <david.ha...@steeldynamics.com> wrote:
> One thing you can try is to put that field in a "Group" and then check the
> "New Page on Group Break". This will force it to a new page. Also, try
> playing with the AutoSize Height option, which may affect the positioning
> based on how much data is in there.
>
> --
> Dave Hauze
>
> "I4ncito" <ian.marti...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > im using powerbuilder 11.5
>
> > i got a datawindow with a edit field rich text style, sometimes this
> > field can be a bit large and when i retrieve the datawindow it show
> > great on screen, when i got to printpreview the page break are all
> > change. it happens when the field its to large to fit in the current
> > page and goes to the next page where it can it the whole field there,
> > i want to be able to split it between the two pages.
>
> > Its there a way that i can force to keep the page break shown on the
> > datawindow before printpreview.
>
> > i've tried with nested reports too btw.
>
> > thank you

i got the AutoSize Height option checked, i shows great on screen the
problem is when i print or use printpreview.
If i use the "New Page on Group Break" it will print one per page, i
need it to print as much as it can on one page, if it doesnt fit the
page, split and start in the next page.

thank you again
0
I4ncito
3/6/2009 4:23:11 PM
Hmmm, never tried anything like that, so I'm not sure I can help beyond what
I had already suggested (which it appears won't work). Hopefully someone
else chimes in...

--
> On 6 mar, 09:51, "Dave Hauze" <david.ha...@steeldynamics.com> wrote:
>> One thing you can try is to put that field in a "Group" and then check
>> the
>> "New Page on Group Break". This will force it to a new page. Also, try
>> playing with the AutoSize Height option, which may affect the positioning
>> based on how much data is in there.
>>
>> --
>> Dave Hauze
>>
>> "I4ncito" <ian.marti...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > im using powerbuilder 11.5
>>
>> > i got a datawindow with a edit field rich text style, sometimes this
>> > field can be a bit large and when i retrieve the datawindow it show
>> > great on screen, when i got to printpreview the page break are all
>> > change. it happens when the field its to large to fit in the current
>> > page and goes to the next page where it can it the whole field there,
>> > i want to be able to split it between the two pages.
>>
>> > Its there a way that i can force to keep the page break shown on the
>> > datawindow before printpreview.
>>
>> > i've tried with nested reports too btw.
>>
>> > thank you
>
> i got the AutoSize Height option checked, i shows great on screen the
> problem is when i print or use printpreview.
> If i use the "New Page on Group Break" it will print one per page, i
> need it to print as much as it can on one page, if it doesnt fit the
> page, split and start in the next page.
>
> thank you again

0
Dave

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...
Blah blah blah You've heard it enough that you don't even want to comment on how many times... The DataWindow. ....but it can't be enough anymore...can it? This from one of our colleagues (and yes my apologies for taking it out of context)... "...PB covers all you need to do that in ONE Tool. This includes Windowprogramming ( meaning the interface to the user: Windows, Sheets, diallougeboxes, etc.), Database operability AND Reporting! Well, I see als well as many other PB users that some of the implementations and features PB offers are improvable. But this seems not to be the main issue here to be discussed. Fact is, and I've looked around to may other Programming systems, there is NO OTHER tool (I did not find any) which is comparable RAD..." So here's the two-fold feedback I'm hoping for and thanks in advance for your investment of time/effort to respond... *** 1) What true competitive differentiators does PowerBuilder still have as 2007 draws to a close? *** Yes, we can add/improve features but... *** 2) What can we add to, or change about PowerBuilder that would be a true competitive differentiator? *** Arguably one way to distill this down would be to ask what can be done for PowerBuilder that would make it better than (Visual Studio + DataWindow .NET)? Maybe its a single feature. Maybe its a new category of functionality. Maybe its a "eureka" modification to something PowerBu...

Printing Problems for Datawindow contain large fields
I am using PB4.0.7 with SQL Anywhere 5.5. I have two problems in report printing that contain large data fields (like 100 lines with 65 char each) 1. When the large data field is printed across 2 page, the last line in the first page is splitted into two halves (i.e. upper half in the first page and lower half in the second page). 2. When using autosize height for data field, it seems it will trim the preceeding spaces automaically. For example: The data reads as this in the multiline box if no autosize height set. This is line one. This is line two with some space at the b...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Printing Large Datawindows
We have encountered a problem with our PDF report generation when trying to generate PDF for datawindows with large amounts of data. In our processing, we first issue a datawindow.print to a Postscript printer device in order to create the postscript file we need to generate the PDF. The datawindow.print method call is crashing EAServer whenever it attempts to print a datawindow with large amounts of data (e.g., 200,000 rows). For smaller reports, we encounter no problems. But once we hit a report with many rows the print method never completes and EAserver stops running aborting wit...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Text field in Datawindow printing
Hello Everyone I am working to get a report working which has a text field. I am using Sql server backend and Powerbuilder 9.0 on Windows 2000. The text field if it has more lines than it could fit in a page, is not getting over to the next page detail. Instead it overwrites the header in the next page. Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this?? Thanks in advance for all your help!!! Dilip Page wrapping for large text fields has a few bugs in it. Try moving things around slightly, changes sizes etc, to cause the layout calculations to be slightly different. T...

datawindow

DataWindow Within DataWindow

PB9: DataWindow.Printer vs. DataWindow.Print.PrinterName
In PB8, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer allowed you to direct Print functions for the DW to a specific printer. In PB9, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Print.PrinterName is supposed to provide that capability, but dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer still exists. What is the difference? When should each property be used? TIA, Chet The only thing I can see is that possible the DataWindow.Printer is still here for backwards compatibility.... It seems that the .printer only affects setting the printer for that datawindow and does not change it for the PB or System default printe...

Datawindows with child datawindows

Error in Dispaly External Datawindow with First field as Dropdown Datawindow
I have got a external datawindow with first field as dropdown datawindow. I populate the dropdown with getchild method. It displays the display value correctly initially but first time it gets focus instead of showing the Display value it is showing the data value which is not the desired effect I want. Can anybody help. I am using PB 7.0 Regards, Dewang If there is no entry in the dddw for the data value, it shows the data value because there is no display value. Dewang Bhansali wrote in message ... >I have got a external datawindow with first field as dr...

How to print AutoCAD drawing in a powerbuilder datawindow
Hi all, I want to print AutoCAD drawing as a part of document with headers and footers using powerbuilder datawindow. Can anyone suggest how to do it. Thanks for help Vinay ...

Problem with datawindow & large fields
I have an SQL table that contains a TEXT field (in mySQL). This field should be able to hold ALOT of characters, but my datawindow gives me this error if there are more than 255 characters in the field: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (476) No changes made to database. UPDATE article SET article_text = ? WHERE article_id = ? AND article_name = ? AND article_author = ? AND article_date = ? AND article_url IS NULL I have the limit set to 2000 in the Limit section (under the Edit tab), so this should work. I am pretty sure that the problem is w...

Printing Issue w/ a large datawindow
I'm working with Powerbuilder 6. We have a datawindow that has been increased in size so that when I call the datawindow.print command, it will print on two pages. HOWEVER, I've discovered that when printing more than one record, it SKIPS records. For example: when printing a 21-record block of data; it'll print out the first record (2 pages) THEN it'll print out the THIRD record (2 pages), then the fifth etc.. !?!? Has anyone seen this before? Is there any other way to format a datawindow such that it'll print out TWO pages per record without having it...

Prints
In our client-server app, we use a datawindow for our application's reports. We'll retreive the DW and allow the user to print the report, or save to PDF, Excel, etc. As a webapp, retrieving DW (used for our prints) causes major peformance problems. So, I'm thinking the DW should be retrieved/rendered on the server-only, saved to Excel/PDF on the server only... and then the end-user only downloads the resulting Excel or PDF file. Can someone give me pointers on how this can be done with PB11 Webform applications. ...

Datawindow Print Problem with computed fields
Here is a problem Iam facing I have 2 datawindow controls : dw_1 and dw_2 dw_1 and dw_2 are shared as --> dw_1.sharedata(dw_2) I retrieve dw_1 ( 3 rows are retrieved), I insert two more rows into DW_1 and do set items on a column whose edit style is a drop down datawindow . Everything looks fine when I see it on screen, but when I print it ,the 4th and 5th rows do not not show up Is it because originally only 3 rows are retrieved from the Database? How do I get around this problem ? Another problem is : I Have a computed field( avail) in dw_1. It has a conditional expr...

Printing of large blobs in a single datawindow
I'm running into a little problem with printing a 900-some line blob in a datawindow. Every time this text goes to print, several lines are printed on top of one another and pages are left blank- something that is quite a bit of a surprise, given that everything looks just fine when displayed in my print preview window. It was suggested to me that PowerBuilder may have a problem with printing objects that are larger than one page and that I may want to break the blob up into chunks of 300 or so characters to print. This seems like an awful lot of work to do something that will ...

Colored computed fields not printing on datawindow
I am using Windows NT and PowerBuilder 5.03 and HP LaserJet 5 When I print a datawindow with colored computed fields using the dw_xxx.print function some of the colored computed fields are left blank on the printout. If I modify their color to black they print fine. Any ideas? Mark C. Jones wrote: > > I am using Windows NT and PowerBuilder 5.03 and HP LaserJet 5 > > When I print a datawindow with colored computed fields using the > dw_xxx.print function some of the colored computed fields are left blank on > the printout. If I modify their color to blac...

Web resources about - Datawindow print large field - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo