DataWindow Object "visible" Columns

Hi All
I'm Using PB703 Build 10213

 Suppose I have a datawindow object build on a SQL Statement retrieving 30
fields from a table.
On the object layout I only use 10 of them, the rest exist only in Column
Specifications.
Is there any way I can have a list of the columns used on the layout, not
all the columns of object.

 Note: If you describe the .Visible property of a column not used in the
layout, this returns '0'. But I turn columns to visible & invisible from
script, so this doesn't help me much.

 Any Suggestions?

Thanks In Advance
    Stelios

0
Stelios

Stelios

If you are using the PFC, or if you have access to it to see how it is done,
have a look at  n_cst_dwsrv.of_GetObjects.  It has a "visible" flag which,
if TRUE, means that it returns only the visible objects in the DW.  It also
has an objectType argument, by which you can specify that you only want
columns.

Hope that is of some use.

--
Andrew Giulinn
Software Engineering Consultant

"Stelios Stylianou" <development@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I'm Using PB703 Build 10213
>
>  Suppose I have a datawindow object build on a SQL Statement retrieving 30
> fields from a table.
> On the object layout I only use 10 of them, the rest exist only in Column
> Specifications.
> Is there any way I can have a list of the columns used on the layout, not
> all the columns of object.
>
>  Note: If you describe the .Visible property of a column not used in the
> layout, this returns '0'. But I turn columns to visible & invisible from
> script, so this doesn't help me much.
>
>  Any Suggestions?
>
> Thanks In Advance
>     Stelios

0
Andrew
5/15/2003 7:13:51 AM
I have the same question with Stelios, but how if I do not have access to
pfc ?

Thanks.

Steven

"Andrew Giulinn" <oscar@NO.dsa.SPAM.com.PLEASE.au> wrote in message
> Stelios
>
> If you are using the PFC, or if you have access to it to see how it is
done,
> have a look at  n_cst_dwsrv.of_GetObjects.  It has a "visible" flag which,
> if TRUE, means that it returns only the visible objects in the DW.  It
also
> has an objectType argument, by which you can specify that you only want
> columns.
>
> Hope that is of some use.
>
> --
> Andrew Giulinn
> Software Engineering Consultant
> Daniel Systems Australia
>
> "Stelios Stylianou" <development@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> > I'm Using PB703 Build 10213
> >
> >  Suppose I have a datawindow object build on a SQL Statement retrieving
30
> > fields from a table.
> > On the object layout I only use 10 of them, the rest exist only in
Column
> > Specifications.
> > Is there any way I can have a list of the columns used on the layout,
not
> > all the columns of object.
> >
> >  Note: If you describe the .Visible property of a column not used in the
> > layout, this returns '0'. But I turn columns to visible & invisible from
> > script, so this doesn't help me much.
> >
> >  Any Suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks In Advance
> >     Stelios

0
Steven
5/15/2003 4:01:30 PM
Describe("Datawindow.Objects")
The parse it looking for objects of type column...
0
Philip_Salgannik
5/15/2003 5:09:34 PM
Guys, I have tried this script, and it works for me :

MaxCols = Double(Dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Column.Count)

For I = 1 To MaxCols
  If Dw_1.SetColumn(I) = 1 Then
     Messagebox('Col ' + String(I), Dw_1.GetColumnName())
  End If
Next

Dw have 4 columns, 3 shown, 1 hidden.
I expect with SetColumn, the messagebox will never shown the hidden column
name.

HTH,

Steven

<Philip_Salgannik> wrote in message
> Describe("Datawindow.Objects")
> The parse it looking for objects of type column...

0
Steven
5/15/2003 6:11:25 PM
Thanks,
    This seams to work.
    But Consider any columns having the .Visible property set to '0'.
    .SetColumn() method returns 1, but the column actually set is not the
one         defined.
Stelios
"Steven" <b8345@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Guys, I have tried this script, and it works for me :
>
> MaxCols = Double(Dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Column.Count)
>
> For I = 1 To MaxCols
>   If Dw_1.SetColumn(I) = 1 Then
>      Messagebox('Col ' + String(I), Dw_1.GetColumnName())
>   End If
> Next
>
> Dw have 4 columns, 3 shown, 1 hidden.
> I expect with SetColumn, the messagebox will never shown the hidden column
> name.
>
> HTH,
>

> Steven
>

> <Philip_Salgannik> wrote in message
> > Describe("Datawindow.Objects")
> > The parse it looking for objects of type column...

0
Stelios
5/16/2003 12:08:43 PM
And check the Tabsequence too.

if Integer(dw_1.object.column1.visible) and
Integer(dw_1.object.column1.tabsequence) > 0 then
end if

"Stelios Stylianou" <development@synthesis.com.cy> �b�l��
news:%23HS4mO6GDHA.329@forums-2-dub �����g...
> Thanks,
>     This seams to work.
>     But Consider any columns having the .Visible property set to '0'.
>     .SetColumn() method returns 1, but the column actually set is not the
> one         defined.
> Stelios
> "Steven" <b8345@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> > Guys, I have tried this script, and it works for me :
> >
> > MaxCols = Double(Dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Column.Count)
> >
> > For I = 1 To MaxCols
> >   If Dw_1.SetColumn(I) = 1 Then
> >      Messagebox('Col ' + String(I), Dw_1.GetColumnName())
> >   End If
> > Next
> >
> > Dw have 4 columns, 3 shown, 1 hidden.
> > I expect with SetColumn, the messagebox will never shown the hidden
column
> > name.
> >
> > HTH,
> >

> > Steven
> >

> > <Philip_Salgannik> wrote in message
> > > Describe("Datawindow.Objects")
> > > The parse it looking for objects of type column...

0
Harry

Web resources about - DataWindow Object "visible" Columns - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow