Datawindow Expressions

Hi there!

I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I'm trying to
change the attributes of a datawindow in PowerBuilder 6.5 so that the list
of available radio buttons defined for a column is dynamic. Specifically,
if a flag column in the datawindow is set to a 1, I need an extra
radio-button added to the list of available selections. Otherwise, it
should not be present. I've been looking at the .Values attribute for the
datawindow object and I can manipulate it to change the available options
but only when I don't have an expression.  I just can't seem to get it to
accept the "if" expression I'm placing within it. According to the online
help, this property should accept an expression, but I just can't make it
work.

Can anyone help??

Thanks!

   ...Mark
0
Mark

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

DataWindow Within DataWindow

datawindow

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Datawindows with child datawindows

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Can DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable handle DataWindow expressions ?
Hi there, I have a couple of DWs that I am saving as HTML. I use 'DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable' to get the html (I've also tried data.html). I prifix this with the StyleSheet in order to get the layout correct i.e. bold, colours etc.. One DW is very simple and works no problem. The other (external) DW is very complicated and has loads of columns. Depending on various column data values, all the columns have expressions to control things like x and coords, height, width, visibility etc.. When I get the HTML the layout is not correct. Some column are not displayed when the...

Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting
There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow? Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>... Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column. On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote: >There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an >expression. Did you mean the Re...

Anything Like GetColumn() datawindow method in DataWindow expression function
Hi All, I'm Using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to know if there is any DataWindow expression function that could give me the current Column on the DataWindow! Sthg like GetColumn() method is script! I've got a tabular datawindow, where I want to change the Border of a column when it is the current column (Just for the current row, too)! Is there any other way to do It? Thanks Check your event arguments for "DWO". That is a pointer to the current column. To check the name for example: ls_var = DWO.name Hope that helps. regards ... Chris ...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Web resources about - Datawindow Expressions - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Closed-form expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an expression is said to be a closed-form expression if it can be expressed analytically in terms of a finite number of certain ...

Joe Rogan's Facial Expression After Ronda Rousey Got Knocked Out Was Priceless - Bleacher Report
Joe Rogan 's face spoke for us all Saturday night. After UFC superstar Ronda Rousey got knocked out by a lethal kick from Holly Holm, the commentator ...

Jack Dorsey: 'Twitter stands for freedom of expression'
Newly-instated CEO Jack Dorsey laid out Twitter's commitment to open dialogue, in a keynote on stage at today's Twitter Flight developer conference ...

Make your technology a force for musical expression with this digital guitar
Computers, tablets, even iPhones have grown into powerful tools for music making, but for many who play guitar the bridge from analog instrument ...

Computers learn how to spot hidden facial expressions
Machines are good at spotting obvious emotions like smiles, but they're not so hot at detecting the extremely brief microexpressions that reveal ...

Turkey's YouTube Ban Violated Freedom Of Expression, European Court Rules
A YouTube ban in Turkey that lasted two years has now been ruled a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. Back in 2008, a Turkish ...

Redbubble, A Profitable Channel For Artistic Expression
There is a growing movement of people who never want to follow a trend. Instead they embrace their own creative self-expression and are just ...

Smile!: Impressive Real-Time Facial Expression Transfer
This is a video from Stanford University of a system developed to transfer one person's facial expressions in real time to a live video feed ...

How Facial Recognition Uses Super-Simple Patterns to Understand Your Expression
Facial recognition systems use all kinds of clever software to work out who you are and even how you’re feeling. But in this video explainer, ...

Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue
ABC News Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue ABC News This photograph made available on Saturday Nov. 14, 2015, shows ...