Datawindow Expression Problem

Trying to use an expression in a datawindow to make a filed visible
based on the entry in another. Example 2 columns: name, other_name.

If other_name is not null, then display name.

Tried putting 'isNull( other_name)' in the expression on the name filed
but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help appreciated..  Thanks JB
0
John

John Bringolf <jbringolf@uncfsu.campus.mci.net> wrote in article
<33F47DE6.498A@uncfsu.campus.mci.net>...
:
: If other_name is not null, then display name.
:
: Tried putting 'isNull( other_name)' in the expression on the name filed
: but it doesn't seem to work.
:
: Any help appreciated..  Thanks JB
:

Try to put  in the visible expression  of the field:
if(isNull( other_name ),0,1)

HTH
0
AK

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow #2
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow #3
[...]

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow.
PB 7.02 Build 8046 on Windows NT 4.0 I have a problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow. One of the columns in my DataWindow is presenting a selection, limited (filtered) according to what the user has selected in a previous column (on the same DataWindow). The Drop Down DataWindow is not displaying the raw data (an abbreviated code), but an English text translation of the data needed. Here is my problem: When the DataWindow is activated, all data are correctly displayed (no filtering yet). When the user clicks on one of the rows and on the column, w...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Web resources about - Datawindow Expression Problem - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo