Datawindow Column Change

Hi,

I am setting a value inside a column (not TYPING) using SETITEM.
Is there any event on the datawindow which gets fired after the value is
set on the column

thanks,

0
Kenny

no.
0
Philip_Salgannik
4/10/2002 7:22:49 PM
ItemChanged fires to let the program know the user changed the data. If you
coded a SetItem, the program already knows the data was changed.
Best practice is to put the code that needs to run after a data change in a
function or user event and fire it both from the ItemChanged event and after
the SetItem.

Philip_Salgannik wrote in message
<18289E1E7FFEB774006A759885256B97.00699E5D85256B97@webforums>...
>no.

0
Jerry

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Changing DataWindows to match changed columns in Database
All, I have 3 columns in my Database that are being changed from integer to numeric(6,1) . I want to change all occurrences of these columns in Datawindows to the new datatype. I tried DWEAS but it did nothing. I am running PB 6.0 under Win NT 3.51. Is there a patch for DWEAS under NT ? Thank You, Rob Rambusch B4arnaclesNOSPAM@aol.com ...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

How changing a datawindow attached in a datawindow control ?
Hi, I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically. So I did: dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1' The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE. Someone could help me ? Thanks, Alvason Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil I suspect that the dataobject ('dw_object1', the actual datawindow that you painted in the datawindow painter) is not being compiled into the .exe file, since its only reference is the string 'dw_object1'. If this is the case, you need to compile the executable with a .PBR file that include...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

datawindow column changes...
I have a datawindow with a cloumn displayed as a checkbox. Now there's a table with reasons why someone showed or did not show up. From this table a made two datasources, one with the reasons a person showed up, and one with the reasons they didn't show up. When the checkbox is checked the user can select in the next column (dddw) why the person showd up. if the checkbox is not checked the next column has the dddw with a datasource with the reasons a person did not show up. Now if i filled in a few persons en later on i open the datawindow again to change things, if i unche...

Column Change in Datawindow
If the length of a column in a database is changed, it is required that you drop the column and then add it again. Or you can export the datawindow, change the length of the column to the new length and then import it. My question is: when the length changes, let's say from varchar 60 to varchar 80, will the original length of 60 be displayed in the properties of the column (I have noticed this, but I am not sure if it happens by default)? I ask because our client recently informed us of a description that exceeds 60 and we have made the db change to reflect 80. Unfortunate...

Changing Datawindow columns
Hi, Someone knows how to change the column�s name of datawindow dynamicaly? Thanks in advance Paulo, What would be the purpose of this? Austin "Paulo Eduardo Ostermann Filho" <peoft@terra.com.br> wrote in message news:3f37cc8a@forums-2-dub... > Hi, Someone knows how to change the column�s name of datawindow dynamicaly? > > Thanks in advance > > I doubt there is a way to do this directly. More than likely, you will need to destroy the existing object and add it back (do not forget to save the attributes of the destroyed column). ...

How I can change the background colour of columns in a datawindow when focus changes
I have columns in a datawindow.I want to know ,during data entry, how I can change the background colour of column when the focus is in a particular column and how I can change to column actual colour when focus change from that column.Once the datawindow is saved Iam making all the columns grey. Thanks CID ...

How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow
How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow programatically. Let's suppoose there are three column in datawindow 1: Name 2: address 3: Phone when we open the window, Tab or Cursor is on column 1 (Name) now i have one button ...i want to write code in that button...when i click that button control or tab or cursor goto the phone column. Please somebody tell me how i can do this... thanks noaman mughal SetColumn. -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9...

Populating a column with a dropdown datawindow within a datawindow.
I have a datawindow which contains two fields. One is named "customer_name" and the other is "job_siteno". these fields are contained in two different tables which are related by a foreign key column "cust_id". Both of these columns have a DDDW edit control. When I select the customer name I want to then have the "job_siteno" column populated with all the site numbers related to this particular customer. I would then be able to select the site number from the DDDW edit control. Selecting the customer number is no problem. My problem is that th...

changing datawindow connection is breaking my datawindow SQL
Hi I have had to move a number of datawindows from Oracle 9i running on a windows 2003 to Oracle 9i on AIX 4.3.3 (which is also on a private network, and requires a VPN to connect to). In the datawindow designer, I have also had to change the database interface from O90 Oracle 9i to an ODBC datasource (because I was not able to connect). In doing so, I have had to graphically re-create all the DW SQL again because I get this error: Table "XYZ" has no columns, possible invalid table format. Do you want to continue in graphic mode? If I select "NO", the SQL is...

Web resources about - Datawindow Column Change - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo