Datastore using Datawindow with Nested report

Hi !

I want to create a bill in a datastore on a server in a client/server
architecture.
(All my datawindows are external !)
The following instructions work fine with a datawindow control !

lds_consommation = create datastore
lds_consommation.dataobject = "d_bill_consom"
lds_consommation.InsertRow(0)
lds_consommation.setitem(1,"amount","   3802")

dw_1.Object.dw_consommation.Object.Data = lds_consommation.Object.Data

But, i have a problem assigning data from a datastore into a nested report
in my datastore "lds_bill" wich contain the nested report "d_bill_consom".

lds_bill = create datastore
lds_bill.dataobject = "d_bill"

lds_consommation = create datastore
lds_consommation.dataobject = "d_bill_consom"
lds_consommation.InsertRow(0)
lds_consommation.setitem(1,"amount","   3802")

lds_bill.Object.dw_consommation.Object.Data = lds_consommation.Object.Data

This instruction does not work with a datastore!  Why ???

Anyone have an idea ?
Thanks !

Mike
0
Michel

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 13:19:07 -0500, "Michel Lemieux"
<mlemieux@gazmet.com> wrote:
There is a bug retrieving nested datawindows in a distributed
environment. The work around we have taken with this is to actually
open a window with a datawindow. We treat the datawindow just as we
would the datastore.
We also have taken this one step further, the window is actually
opened from a datastore, and functions have been placed on the
datastore to set the dataobject, etc. This way when Powersoft fixes
the bug we can just remove the window and process our code on the DS
instead of the window without having to change application code that
calls the DS.

HTH
Jon Credit[TeamPS]
CLM Concepts
JCredit@Sprynet.com
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/jcredit

Have a heart,
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/jcredit/eds_stry.htm

>Hi !
>
>I want to create a bill in a datastore on a server in a client/server
>architecture.
>(All my datawindows are external !)
>The following instructions work fine with a datawindow control !
>
>lds_consommation = create datastore
>lds_consommation.dataobject = "d_bill_consom"
>lds_consommation.InsertRow(0)
>lds_consommation.setitem(1,"amount","   3802")
>
>dw_1.Object.dw_consommation.Object.Data = lds_consommation.Object.Data

>But, i have a problem assigning data from a datastore into a nested report
>in my datastore "lds_bill" wich contain the nested report "d_bill_consom".
>

>lds_bill = create datastore
>lds_bill.dataobject = "d_bill"
>
>lds_consommation = create datastore
>lds_consommation.dataobject = "d_bill_consom"
>lds_consommation.InsertRow(0)
>lds_consommation.setitem(1,"amount","   3802")
>
>lds_bill.Object.dw_consommation.Object.Data = lds_consommation.Object.Data
>
>This instruction does not work with a datastore!  Why ???
>
>Anyone have an idea ?
>Thanks !
>
>Mike

0
see_msg

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Deploying datawindow reports using HTML Datawindow.
Hi all, we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include nested reports and N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly. In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not suppor...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

using nested reports in a datawindow
i have a nested report in a datawindow.when i retrieve the main datawindow, the nested dw shows only one page of data, but actually it has more than one page of data. when i retrieve the nested dw alone it shows all pages of data.but when i retreive the main dw which has the nested dw it shows only one page for the nested dw.can anybody help me in this issue. thanks andrew ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ------------------------------------------- I have the same trouble with a nexted dw. Anybody? Thanks,...

Nested Datawindow used for Report
We are experiencing a problem with a nested datawindow we are using to create a report. The nested datawindow contains only one field, which may or may not contain data for each detail line in the report. The problem is that when the report originally displays in a preview window the first page displays all the information correctly. However, as the user continues to page thru the report some of the information does not display, even though the information is stored in the database. After the second or third page of the report no information is displayed in the nested datawindow. ...

Nested reports using External datawindows
Hi I have created an external datawindow with 10 fields, which gets pasted from a pre-retrieved dw. This works fine when the set of data is single. But I don't understand what I am supposed to when multiple set of data is retrieved? Any suggestion on this would be appreciated. thx Externals make sense for nested reports on composite DWs because each nested report has only one instance. However, it makes less sense to use externals for reports nested within the detail band of a non-composite because there will be an instance of the nested report for each master row. You can still...

PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT using External Datawindows instead of Nested Datawindows
We are trying to improve performance for an application that is accessed from remote sites. We have shifted the processing to the server by writing stored procedures on AS400 and converting SQL datawindows to external datawindows. We retrieve everything as strings and then parse the data and use ImportString function to load the external datawindows. For numeric fields we have computed columns that convert the string values. This has worked great up until now. We have now come across a report that has 5 nested datawindows and takes a long time to execute. Steps: 1. Load 6 datastores...

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

Using Nested Report for N-UP Datawindow.
Hi All, I'm having problems using Nested report Inside N-UP Datawindow. For example: My main report shows users divided in 4 areas. So I have a datawindow like: Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 cd_user_1 cd_user_2 cd_user_3 cd_user_4 ds_user_1 ds_user_2 ds_user_3 ds_user_4 But I want to show behind each user their actions. Then I Created a datawindow that receives the cd_user (user_code) to retrieve their actions and used it as nested report behind the user columns. But When I send the argument seems that my Nested Report sends only the first ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Using Existing Powerbuilder Reports in DataWindow.Net
I have a large number of reports which were built using Powerbuilder 6.5. I would like to come up with a simple way to display these reports (and there associated criteria datawindows) on the web using an ASP.Net application architecture. I have found lots of documentation about how to use DataWindow.NET 1.5 to create new reports, but I haven't found much about porting exisitng Powerbuilder Reports. Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding this? In general, I would rather not have to create a brand new Web application for each of the existing reports (there are hundre...

Web resources about - Datastore using Datawindow with Nested report - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo