Data copy between two dw object

Hi:

I need to copy data from a PSR file to database. so I first need to copy data in
PSR file to a dw object which is defined using db data sorce.

The columns in two dw objects defined with exactly same names and data types but
having different order. I tried to copy data between them using RowsCopy(), but
failed. Is there a simple way to copy data between them?

Thanks

dj lee
DJ

Use following Syntax.

dw_2.object.column1.primary = dw_1.object.column1.primary

Shah din sani

> Hi:
>
> I need to copy data from a PSR file to database. so I
> first need to copy data in PSR file to a dw object which
> is defined using db data sorce.
>
> The columns in two dw objects defined with exactly same
> names and data types but having different order. I tried
> to copy data between them using RowsCopy(), but failed. Is
> there a simple way to copy data between them?
>
> Thanks
>
> dj lee
Shah
1/19/2006 1:59:24 PM
Make the destination DW column order same as the PSR report column order to
move it.

Prabir

"DJ Lee" <xia8844@sohu.com> wrote in message news:43cee4d8@forums-2-dub...
> Hi:
>
> I need to copy data from a PSR file to database. so I first need to copy
> data in
> PSR file to a dw object which is defined using db data sorce.
>
> The columns in two dw objects defined with exactly same names and data
> types but
> having different order. I tried to copy data between them using
> RowsCopy(), but
> failed. Is there a simple way to copy data between them?
>
> Thanks
>
> dj lee

PC

maintaining sync of the column orders in PSR and dwo is not a easy work. Here is
what I do by using PFC function:

=============================
//get all PSR column names of dwo to ls_ColNames
adw_source.inv_base.of_getObjects(ls_ColNames[], "column", "*", false)
li_Row = ads_target_main.InsertRow(0)

//copy all data from source PSR file to target. suppose only one row in PSR file
li_size = Upperbound(ls_ColNames)
FOR i = 1 TO li_size
	la_value = adw_source.inv_base.of_getItemAny(1, ls_ColNames[i]) 	li_1 =
ads_target_main.SetItem(li_Row, ls_ColNames[i], la_value)
NEXT
=============================

DJ Lee

On 19 Jan 2006 09:00:30 -0800,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
PC <PRABIR@peoplepc.com> wrote:
>Make the destination DW column order same as the PSR report column order to
>move it.
>

>Prabir
>
>"DJ Lee" <xia8844@sohu.com> wrote in message news:43cee4d8@forums-2-dub...
>> Hi:
>>
>> I need to copy data from a PSR file to database. so I first need to copy
>> data in
>> PSR file to a dw object which is defined using db data sorce.
>>
>> The columns in two dw objects defined with exactly same names and data
>> types but
>> having different order. I tried to copy data between them using
>> RowsCopy(), but
>> failed. Is there a simple way to copy data between them?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> dj lee
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
DJ

Datawindow objects data copying
How can we copy data from one datawindow object of free form presentation style to another datawindow object that has more number of fields than latter ? To be more clear ------------------ 1. "dwo_one" has 10 fields. 2. "dwo_two" has 20 fields. I need to copy data from datawindow object "dwo_one" to "dwo_two". Does presentation style of the datawindow objects has any impact on the data copying ? On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:11:25 +0530, Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote: >How can we copy data from one datawi...

Computed objects in dw with copied data source
Is there any method where you can populate a datawindow with data copied from a local datastore, and retain the ability to use computed objects in the datawindow? The datastore and the datawindow are both based on the same data object and have the same parameters. I've tried sharedata(), RowsCopy() and assigning the Data attribute directly, but the computed objects keep coming up blank. They work fine when the datawindow is populated with a direct retrieve(). Thanks, David If your computes are based on retrieval arguments, then the answer is no. Otherwise tru GroupCa...

dw.Object.DataWindow.Selected.Data returns nothing
In PB 9.0.1 Build 6533 dw.Object.DataWindow.Selected.Data does not return anything. It worked in PB 7. ...

Nested Datawindow Getting Data from two databases into one DW
I have a couple of datawindows each retrieving from a different database using separate transactions. No need to update. I need to get the retrieved data including the nested data into one datawindow so it can be sorted and printed correctly. I have tried: RowsCopy - but that doesn't bring over the nested data from the DW/DS you copy from. :-( Retrieving from one database, doing a SetTransObject to the other transaction, and a Modify to change the Retrieve SQL, then retrieving from the second database. This causes the nested data in the first database to be lost, but d...

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

PB9/PB10: Error in Save As XML versus dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML
I'm having problems with saving a datawindow as XML. I've checked both PB9 and PB10, and I'm experiencing the same behavior: If you specify a different encoding set on the XML-template, this is corretly shown if you do a Save as XML on the datawindow. If you read out the property dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML, the encoding is not changed, it always says "UTF-16LE". If I change the property standalone (yes|no), this is correctly reflected on both Save As and retrieving the xml via dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML-property. I've saved the XML as an ...

dw.ImportString() -vs- dw.Object.Data
Has anyone got experience using dw.ImportString() and dw.Object.Data? I did some benchmark-tests and found that dw.Object.Data is taking 30-50% of the time that ImportString() takes to import data [ImportString() is slower]. I've heard using dw.Object.Data sometimes corrupts the data. Any views and opinions as to which approach is better/ideal, developer-friendly, maintenance-free and memory-efficient to use? --- PowerObject! ...

How to copy data from object data source to an array with 3 columns?
 Instead of having static images, I would like to copy data dynamicly from object data source to an array used by webservice. What changes do I need to make to the web service? 1) I have the folowing object adta source on the page: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="PhotosDataSource" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetPhotosByAdId" TypeName="AspNet.StarterKits.Classifieds.BusinessLogicLayer.PhotosDB"> <SelectParameters> <asp:QueryStringParameter Name="adId" DefaultValue="0" QueryStringField="id" Type="...

How to copy data from object data source to an array used by webservice
 Instead of having static images, I would like to copy data dynamicly from object data source to an array used by webservice. What changes do I need to make to the web service? 1) I have the folowing object adta source on the page: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="PhotosDataSource" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetPhotosByAdId" TypeName="AspNet.StarterKits.Classifieds.BusinessLogicLayer.PhotosDB"> <SelectParameters> <asp:QueryStringParameter Name="adId" DefaultValue="0" QueryStringField="id" Type="Int...

Datawindow.object.data
People, I'm using PB 6.5.1 / Oracle 8. Below is the code which give me some junk characters, need a work around or a different solution Structure str_parms variable any_arg[] of type any str_parms.arg[1] = datawindow.object.data // I get proper data over here Pass this structure to a response window Openwithparm(rw_name, str_parms) str_parms = Message.Powerobjectparm // I get some junk characters in some fields datawindow.object.data = str_parms Is it because there are different types of column type definition. Need you help. TIA SFL ---== Posted via the PFC...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Using "Business Objects" as a Data Source dor DataWindow.NET Objects
Hi: I have developed a "Business Object" layer which gets information from the DataBase. I would like to use these objects as a Source for the DataWindow.NET objects. It is possible? DO I have to use External Source? Some example? Thanks in Advance! Gus dw.net doesn't support this: I will be glad if someone comes up with an generic work around to bind. sybase is snoozing on this one. thanks vsv "DataWindows.NET" <gussabina@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4740cbfa$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi: > I have developed a "Business Ob...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Web resources about - Data copy between two dw object - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Beyonce releases new song day before Super Bowl appearance
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A day before her performance at Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show, Beyonce has dropped a new song.

Hillary Clinton: Women running for office bear a 'much greater burden'
HENNIKER, New Hampshire — Hillary Clinton on Saturday opened up about the struggles she faces in running for president as a woman, saying in ...

Over 100 missing, 13 dead as strong quake rattles Taiwan
About 2,000 firefighters and soldiers scrambled with ladders, cranes and other equipment to the ruins of the 17-floor residential building, which ...

Here's how Twitter's new algorithmic timeline is going to work
Twitter went into an uproar Friday after a BuzzFeed report that the social network was on the brink of tossing its traditional timeline for a ...

At least two presumed dead after plane crashes into ocean off San Pedro
Los Angeles Times At least two presumed dead after plane crashes into ocean off San Pedro Los Angeles Times Rescue personnel were called out ...

GeekWire Giveaway: Here’s your chance to replace your laptop with Apple’s iPad Pro + Pencil
The laptop has been around for 30 years, seeing us through a massive upheaval in what it means to create, communicate and get work done. But ...

More than 3100 pregnant women infected with Zika in Colombia
USA TODAY More than 3100 pregnant women infected with Zika in Colombia USA TODAY More than 3,100 pregnant women in Colombia are infected with ...

Neighbors begin vigilance as North Korea launch window opens
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea's neighbors began an uneasy waiting game Sunday, the start of an eight-day window for a planned North Korean ...

Is this finally proof that the yeti is real? Skiers in panic over viral video
The shaky footage clearly shows something ape-like making its way through the snow-covered mountains

EU urges Turkey to open its borders to Syrians fleeing war-torn Aleppo
Oncupinar border remained closed despite an estimated 70,000 people expected to head there in coming days