Crystal Report in Datawindow Report

Hi All,

I want to include crystal report in Powerbuilder datawindow.
How can I do this?. Can anyone help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Smith
0
Smith

I have never done this myself.  But I went
to Dejanews.com and searched for crystal report &
powerbuilder
and found the following, hope it will help you.

Our company (ASTEN) has developed a Crystal Report interface
that made Powerbuilder application Crystal-enabled. This
interface is based on
the Crystal Report Print Engine API.

This interface include the following features :

- invoking a crystal report file (.rpt)
- passing parameters to this report
- displaying the report in the Crystal preview window (with
all
exporting options).

Additional features are :
- Configuring the preview window options.
- Using a viewer to open an .rpt file containing datas ( and
refreshing it).

All you need is to:
- deploy the report on the client workstation
- have the crystal runtime installed on the workstation +
our DLLs
- have an odbc datasource defined for the report.
- and, of course, have in your PB application the necessary
code to
invoke the report, pass parameters, launch preview.

Compatibility :
-       PowerBuilder 6.5, 7.*, 8.*
-       Crystal 7, 8 ( 8.5 in testing)
-       Any Windows Platform from the 95 to 2000-NT.
-       Cytrix.

Future evolutions :
-       Result in a navigator window.

We were using this tool since 1999 with no trouble. It is
included in
our Framework but can be used apart.
Contact us if you're interested in.

Here is a basic sample code :

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
// instantiating a report object
lncr_my_report = CREATE nc_crystal

lncr_my_report.uf_set_report(<rpt_file_name>)

// Sending parameters to the report
lncr_my_report .uf_setparm(1, <first_value>)
lncr_my_report .uf_setparm(2, <2nd_value>)
lncr_my_report .uf_setparm(3, <3th_value>)
lncr_my_report .uf_setparm(<n>,<nth_value>)

//launching report
ll_return = lncr_my_report .uf_print_preview()
///////////////////////////////////////////////////

> Hi All,
>
> I want to include crystal report in Powerbuilder
> datawindow. How can I do this?. Can anyone help me in this
> regard.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
>
> Smith
0
Dawn

Datawindow to Crystal report
I want to convert my existing PB DataWindow to Crystal Report. Can anyone tell me if there is any tool which creates Crystal Report equivalent of the DataWindow automatically. Thanks in advance. Balamurali. R Chennai, India. email to : r_balamurali@camsonline.com ...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Help
When I open the environment painter in the datawindow builder all my datawindows are displayed as reports! They have the report icon to the left of their name and if I open them from here they are displayed as reports when I preview them. If I open the datawindow painter and open a datawindow from there everything is fine. Except, that when I defined the datawindow I chose SQL Select and Free Form. But when I open them here and choose options, they are crosstab and when I try to change back to form it dosen't save my changes. ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Deploying datawindow reports using HTML Datawindow.
Hi all, we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include nested reports and N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly. In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not suppor...

Help
When I open the environment painter in the datawindow builder all my datawindows are displayed as reports! They have the report icon to the left of their name and if I open them from here they are displayed as reports when I preview them. If I open the datawindow painter and open a datawindow from there everything is fine. Except, that when I defined the datawindow I chose SQL Select and Free Form. But when I open them here and choose options, they are crosstab and when I try to change back to form it dosen't save my changes. ...

Integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder application
Is it possible to integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder application ? see the site http://www.seagatesoftware.com/ Yuri Denshchik a �crit : > Is it possible to integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder > application ? ...

Datawindow with report object! How to get a doubleClick in report
PB 9.0 I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow with detail information ) How is it possible to determine the rownumber, when the user makes a doubleclick in the report object ?? Thanks for any help Peter GetObjectAtPointer()? -- This is a FAQ, read Help, then search www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote in message news:3fcafbcd$1@forums-1-dub... > PB 9.0 > > I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow wi...

Crystal Report & Datawindow???
Is there a chance to transfer Data from Datawindow to Crystal Report? Thank's J=f6rg ...

Datawindow vs Crystal Reports
Hi, Why use Crystal Reports if dw works fine ? Most people want to incorporate existing crystal reports into their apps instead of re-writing it. If your DW report does what you need, then there is no need for crystal reports "Rodrigo Siguenza Vega" <r@stockware.com.mx> wrote in message news:4NGAbzT5AHA.293@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > Why use Crystal Reports if dw works fine ? > > > ...

Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213. I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data window. When ever I try to do this the system crushes. I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow. In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are gone)! Any help appreciated Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

datawindows in reports
Hi, Please help me to solve my problem. I have a report with multiple datawindows. And in each datawindow I have multiple lines(text , computed Fields) to display data for each record obtained from the SQL query. I have set AUTOSIZEHEIGHT property and ALL ABOVE for slide for all the fields and datawindows in the report. I have even tried with DIRECTLY ABOVE property. When a data window has to go to second page in the middle ie some rows in first page in and some rows in the next page then I have problem. When a new row of the datawindow goes to sec...

Web resources about - Crystal Report in Datawindow Report - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo