crosstab dw #2

Hi,
I have build a crosstab datawindow for my report, and design
it with logo, title...etc readjust column,hide...etc.

But, now, i need to modify my query. But, once i modify my
query, like convert date to string, and select ok, my
previous design get messed up,it get fallback to original.

What can I do to avoid this? Please help. Thank you.
0
genie
1/6/2011 8:22:54 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
📃 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1580 Views

Hi Genie,

You may want to "edit source" instead of using the dw painter. Right
click on the dw in system tree and select it from the pop up.

hth,
Mark

On 1/6/2011 3:22 AM, genie wrote:
> Hi,
> I have build a crosstab datawindow for my report, and design
> it with logo, title...etc readjust column,hide...etc.
>
> But, now, i need to modify my query. But, once i modify my
> query, like convert date to string, and select ok, my
> previous design get messed up,it get fallback to original.
>
> What can I do to avoid this? Please help. Thank you.
0
Mark
1/6/2011 1:14:12 PM
And sometimes you can get away by hitting 'cancel' on the crosstab
definition screen.  But 'edit source' is the more foolproof way.
Or perhaps you can change the crosstab into a static one by setting the 'do
not rebuild' checkbox.  It depends on whether you always will have the same
number of columns coming back.

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

On 1/6/2011 3:22 AM, genie wrote:
> Hi,
> I have build a crosstab datawindow for my report, and design
> it with logo, title...etc readjust column,hide...etc.
>
> But, now, i need to modify my query. But, once i modify my
> query, like convert date to string, and select ok, my
> previous design get messed up,it get fallback to original.
>
> What can I do to avoid this? Please help. Thank you.

0
Terry
1/6/2011 3:58:34 PM
Hi Mark,

  YEAH!!!, i got solved by using the edit source method!!!
thanks so much.

rgd
genie
> And sometimes you can get away by hitting 'cancel' on the
> crosstab  definition screen.  But 'edit source' is the
> more foolproof way. Or perhaps you can change the crosstab
> into a static one by setting the 'do  not rebuild'
> checkbox.  It depends on whether you always will have the
> same  number of columns coming back.
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Mark"  wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> Hi Genie,
>
> You may want to "edit source" instead of using the dw
> painter. Right click on the dw in system tree and select
> it from the pop up.
>
> hth,
> Mark
>
> On 1/6/2011 3:22 AM, genie wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have build a crosstab datawindow for my report, and
> > design it with logo, title...etc readjust column
> ,hide...etc. >
> > But, now, i need to modify my query. But, once i modify
> > my query, like convert date to string, and select ok, my
> > previous design get messed up,it get fallback to
> original. >
> > What can I do to avoid this? Please help. Thank you.

0
genie
1/7/2011 12:26:09 AM