Cross Tab Datawindows - Help!!

Does anybody know if it is possible to conditionally format a computed field
in the trailer band of a cross tab datawindow.

My cross tab has a column called compute_0008 which gives a value for every
"avail_date"
There is a computed field in the trailer band called sum_compute_0008 and I
want to modify the background.color of this computed field based on the
value of avail_date (e.g. Weekends one colour and Weekdays another).

I have tried

dw_1.modify("sum_compute_" + string(li_count) + ".background.color ....

and

dw_1.modify("sum_compute[" + string(li_count) + "].background.color ...

but neither work (the first gives a syntax error in the return value, the
second crashes my app)

Any ideas? Is this even possible?

0
Stephen

for color property of compute_008 in datawindow, you could set

if((dayname(avail_date) = 'Sunday' or dayname(avail_date) = 'Saturday'),255,
16711680)

which shows Saturday and sunday sum as RED and other days on BLUE

good luck

WS

"Stephen" <Stephen.Clay@Softbrands.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know if it is possible to conditionally format a computed
field
> in the trailer band of a cross tab datawindow.
>
> My cross tab has a column called compute_0008 which gives a value for
every
> "avail_date"
> There is a computed field in the trailer band called sum_compute_0008 and
> want to modify the background.color of this computed field based on the
> value of avail_date (e.g. Weekends one colour and Weekdays another).
>
> I have tried
>
> dw_1.modify("sum_compute_" + string(li_count) + ".background.color ....
>
> and
>
> dw_1.modify("sum_compute[" + string(li_count) + "].background.color ...
>
> but neither work (the first gives a syntax error in the return value, the
> second crashes my app)
>
> Any ideas? Is this even possible?

0
WS
6/13/2003 3:49:40 PM
Thanks, the problem is with sum_compute_0008 though since it is in the
trailer band. Avail_Date doesn't appear in the columns list as a value I can
use?

<WS> wrote in message news:OKPcwRcMDHA.279@forums-2-dub...
> for color property of compute_008 in datawindow, you could set
>
> if((dayname(avail_date) = 'Sunday' or dayname(avail_date) =
'Saturday'),255,
> 16711680)
>
> which shows Saturday and sunday sum as RED and other days on BLUE
>
> good luck
>
> WS
>
> "Stephen" <Stephen.Clay@Softbrands.com> wrote in message
> > Does anybody know if it is possible to conditionally format a computed
> field
> > in the trailer band of a cross tab datawindow.
> >
> > My cross tab has a column called compute_0008 which gives a value for
> every
> > "avail_date"
> > There is a computed field in the trailer band called sum_compute_0008
and
> > want to modify the background.color of this computed field based on the
> > value of avail_date (e.g. Weekends one colour and Weekdays another).
> >
> > I have tried
> >
> > dw_1.modify("sum_compute_" + string(li_count) + ".background.color ....
> >
> > and
> >
> > dw_1.modify("sum_compute[" + string(li_count) + "].background.color ...
> >
> > but neither work (the first gives a syntax error in the return value,
the
> > second crashes my app)
> >
> > Any ideas? Is this even possible?

0
Stephen
6/13/2003 3:58:18 PM
you can use it only when its its on column list.
Add it to the select list, but delete/hide it on screen, then you would be
able to set it.

> Thanks, the problem is with sum_compute_0008 though since it is in the
> trailer band. Avail_Date doesn't appear in the columns list as a value I
can
> use?
>
> <WS> wrote in message news:OKPcwRcMDHA.279@forums-2-dub...
> > for color property of compute_008 in datawindow, you could set
> >
> > if((dayname(avail_date) = 'Sunday' or dayname(avail_date) =
> 'Saturday'),255,
> > 16711680)
> >
> > which shows Saturday and sunday sum as RED and other days on BLUE
> >
> > good luck
> >
> > WS
> >
> > "Stephen" <Stephen.Clay@Softbrands.com> wrote in message
> > > Does anybody know if it is possible to conditionally format a computed
> > field
> > > in the trailer band of a cross tab datawindow.
> > >
> > > My cross tab has a column called compute_0008 which gives a value for
> > every
> > > "avail_date"
> > > There is a computed field in the trailer band called sum_compute_0008
> and
> > > want to modify the background.color of this computed field based on
the
> > > value of avail_date (e.g. Weekends one colour and Weekdays another).
> > >
> > > I have tried
> > >
> > > dw_1.modify("sum_compute_" + string(li_count) + ".background.color
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > dw_1.modify("sum_compute[" + string(li_count) + "].background.color
> > >
> > > but neither work (the first gives a syntax error in the return value,
> the
> > > second crashes my app)
> > >
> > > Any ideas? Is this even possible?

0
WS
6/13/2003 4:50:00 PM
Avail_Date is in the select list, i.e. If I look at the crosstab defintion,
it shows avail_date in the columns area. The problem I am convinced is to
with the fact that I'm trying to format a computed field in the Summary
band. I have a field compute_0008 in the detail band, and I can format this
with no problems.

<WS> wrote in message news:#G7bezcMDHA.339@forums-2-dub...
> you can use it only when its its on column list.
> Add it to the select list, but delete/hide it on screen, then you would be
> able to set it.
>
> "Stephen" <Stephen.Clay@Softbrands.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, the problem is with sum_compute_0008 though since it is in the
> > trailer band. Avail_Date doesn't appear in the columns list as a value I
> can
> > use?
> >
> > <WS> wrote in message news:OKPcwRcMDHA.279@forums-2-dub...
> > > for color property of compute_008 in datawindow, you could set
> > >
> > > if((dayname(avail_date) = 'Sunday' or dayname(avail_date) =
> > 'Saturday'),255,
> > > 16711680)
> > >
> > > which shows Saturday and sunday sum as RED and other days on BLUE
> > >
> > > good luck
> > >
> > > WS
> > >
> > > "Stephen" <Stephen.Clay@Softbrands.com> wrote in message
> > > field

> > > every
> > and
> the

> > the

0
Stephen

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

cross tab datawindow
Could any help me out in creating this type of report using crosstab datawindow style. (dynamic Cross tab) The data source is stored procedure The following data is retrieved from the stored procedure: 1. Mat proceeds 2. Type - 3. Subtotal (mat proceeds) 4. Interest 5. Subtotal (interest) 6. grand total (3+4) 7. Newissue 8. subtotal (new issue) 9. cash 10. balance My requirement is like this: (in table format): Currency: Gbp Usd Euro yen Matruing proceeds Type(2) 10.22(1) 0.00 0.00 Type(2) ...

Cross tab datawindow crashes
HI All. I have been using powerbuilder 6.0 application with sybase as database for long. Now we are migrating our database from sybase to sql 2008. After migration of database, every data window is retrieving data correctly except for one cross tab data window. earlier Crosstab datawindow was using sybase stored procedure as datasource and works fine. But same procedure when migrated to SQL, crosstab datawindow crashes with some sybase product error and closes application. But strange thing is that when I run application through PB data retrieves correctly and when I b...

datawindow

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Cross tab Datawindow erro
We migrated PB 9 to PB 12. After migration when we are running report we are getting --> "Please refresh your crosstab definition" We are running against MS SQL Server 2000. Thanks for your help. Hi Raj; 1) Are you using PB 12.1? 2) Are you using the same DB connectivity option? 3) If you open and run (preview) the DWO in the DW Painter - does it give you the same error? Regards ... Chris President: OSUG / STD Inc. Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass "Raj...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

DataWindows and datawindow objects

cross tab datawindow #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8BBFFFDE2996BAC05721C0B4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Could any help me out in creating this type of report using crosstab datawindow style. (dynamic Cross tab) The data source is stored procedure The following data is retrieved from the stored procedure: 1. Mat proceeds 2. Type - 3. Subtotal (mat proceeds) 4. Interest 5. Subtotal (interest) 6. grand total (3+4) 7. Newissue 8. subtotal (new issue) 9. cash 10. balance My requirement is like this: ----...

Cross Tab Datawindow #3
Hi, I have a composite datawindow report with a nested datawindow on it. This nested datawindow is a cross-tab datawindow which is used to show the tax year descriptions as different columns at runtime. The tax year description is retrieved from database table. For most of the time there are several years which get retrieved per run. For the column of the last year retrieved, instead of displaying the actual year description retrieved from the table(like 2003 or 2004), I want to dislay some other string like ("Post Assignment Year"). How to change it in this...

Datawindows with child datawindows

creation dynamic cross tab datawindow
Could any help me out in creating this type of report using crosstab datawindow style. (dynamic Cross tab) The data source is stored procedure The following data is retrieved from the stored procedure: 1. Mat proceeds 2. Type - 3. Subtotal (mat proceeds) 4. Interest 5. Subtotal (interest) 6. grand total (3+4) 7. Newissue 8. subtotal (new issue) 9. cash 10. balance My requirement is like this: Currency: Gbp Usd Euro yen Matruing proceeds Type(2) 10.22(1) 0.00 0.00 Type(2) 0.00(1) 18.00 Sub total(3) ...

updating retrieval arguments in cross-tab datawindow
I attached my cross-tab datawindow to a stored procedure that has one argument, but I modified the SP and now it has three parameters. I usually go to "View"->"Column Specifications" and update the datawindow with the new SP, but with the cross-tab I don't have that option. How can I update my datawindow with the updated SP? I also try right-clicking and choosing "Crosstab...", but it tells me "Cannot recreate the base environment. Please verify your database connection.". When I try to preview the datawindow, it only asks me one parm. ...

Web resources about - Cross Tab Datawindows - Help!! - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo