Create NVO using Power Designer 8.0 - but could not add arguments to the methods using Power Designer 8.0

Hi,
Using Power Designer 8.0 Object Oriented model you can create a class
diagram (or class/NVO) and add methods to it using class diagram GUI .When
you select Generate Power Builder option from menu it will create a .sru
file in selected directory .Using this .sru you can import this file in PB
environment and create a NVO. But I could not add arguments/parameters to
the methods I created in the class using Power Designer 8.0. Can anybody
post how arguments can be added to the methods using Power Designer 8.0

Regards,
Sudheer Kondla
(Work)  :716 - 819 6114
(Home) :716 - 668 3864

0
Sudheer

Clustered indexes in ASA 8.0.2 and Power Designer 8.0.1
Hi, can I change keyword "cluster" when the index is clustered in Power Designer 8.0.1 when DBMS is Sybase AS Anywhere 8. I found item EnableCluster but it generate keyword "cluster". Thanks for any help Veselin Ivanov "Veselin Ivanov" <nospam_office@sonita.com> wrote in news:1UQ6uJ3mCHA.331@forums.sybase.com: > Hi, > can I change keyword "cluster" when the index is clustered in Power > Designer 8.0.1 when DBMS is Sybase AS Anywhere 8. I found item > EnableCluster but it generate keyword "cluster". &g...

Power Designer 8.0.0.203 - report creation
There seems to be a bug regarding object selection for a report. When I open a Conceptual Data Model, then go File->Create Report->New Report ->(Name=MyReport, Template=<no template>), and then drag and drop some items from "Available Items" into "Report Items", and finally do: Report->Select Objects, my model (CDM) is selected in the drop-down list, that also includes all its packages. I have a model with about 60 packages. Since I want to do a report on one particular package only, I change the selection, grabbing that particular package in the...

Errors using hotmail after latest major update: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8
Name: William Green Email: wjgreen_at_hotmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Errors using hotmail after latest major update: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8 Comments: After I installed the latest update and rebooted, every time I go to open an email in hotmail.com (this does NOT occur in other email sites I use), I get the following three Alert messages that I have to click through to get to my email: [object XPCNativeWrapper [object HTMLBodyElement]] [object XPCNativeWrapper [object HTMLScriptElement]] TypeError: d...

SQL Modler and Power Designer 8.0
I have a database model that was created using SQL Modeler 6.1.4. We have just installed Power Designer 8.0. The model will open however the triggers are not present and the reports are not present. Suggestions on how to bring a SQL Model into Power Designer where all the elements will be present. Take a look at the Migrating from Version 6 to Version 8 documentation. It will explain what is happening with the triggers and the reports. Also, I suggest that you download and apply the 8.0.1 maintenance release. HTH, Anthony Hill Sybase Product Support On Tue, 4 Sep 200...

Power Designer 8.0 and Reference lines
I am currently evaluating different ER Diagraming tools. I have previously used older versions of Power Designer, and really like the flexibility in laying out objects. One of the biggest advantages PD has over other tools I've looked at is the ability to bend and place reference lines just about any place you want. This gives me the ability to build a fairly complex model, without having reference lines run through each other, or worse, through other objects. Power Designer 8.0 (I am using the trial version), seems to have a new feature, that when I drag a group of tables...

How I use SAVEPOINT in power builder 8.0
Hi All I need how to use save point in pb 8.0 .how can i call save point .using transactions. please send me one example using commit,Rollback savepoint . Pls send me ThanQ karun You would use them via embedded SQL: string ls_sql <some update statements, including perhaps some datawindow updates> ls_sql = "SAVEPOINT save1" EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql ; <more update statements, including perhaps some datawindow updates> ls_sql = "SAVEPOINT save2" etc. And then either: COMMIT ; which commits everything, or ROLLBACK ; wh...

PB 8 crashes when using Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 for large retrieve
When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle 8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on Oracle 8i. Number 3120 Select error: ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow What version of the database are you connecting to? Don't use 8i client to go against 8.0 database. The client should never be a higher version than the database. I strongly suggest using 81726 instead of 81700, which is flaky. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.co...

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

Using Citrix MetaFrame XP SP 1.0 with applications that use ASA 8.0.1
We've got a application written in Clarion 5.5 that when run over a TCP/IP lan has no problems, but when the same version is run under Citrix MetaFrame, our users get serialization errors, access denied errors, file not open errors, etc. Has anyone else experienced problem running their applications (any windows based language) under Citrix with ASA 7 or 8? Thanks Michael Gould ...

Alright to install 8.7.0.4 onto a tree currently using 8.7.0.3?
Just upgraded the majority of my servers to edir 8.7.0.3 two weeks ago but I had some left and seeing that 8.7.0.4 is out, wanted to just double check as to whether or not it is alright installing edir 8.7.0.4 onto a system that is already running 8.7.0.3? Thanks. Yes, that'd be fine. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) OneNet is better than nothing.NET Opinions expressed in the above text are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. ...

running a 8.0.2 created database using 7.0.3 libraries
Hello, Are there any known problems if I run a 8.0.2 ASA created database using 7.0.3 ASA libraries? or vice versa ? My database is very very big > 50G. thanks SK SK wrote: > Are there any known problems if I run a 8.0.2 ASA created > database using 7.0.3 ASA libraries? or vice versa ? Database created with ASA8 won't work on ASA7 (generally, databases created with newer ASA versions cannot be started on older ASA versions). Database created with ASA7 would work on ASA8, although you may miss some advanced features (e.g. clustered index support - requires a...

connecting to oracle 8.1.6 using PB 7.0.2 and native driver 8.0.4
I am having a problem with connecting our deployed application in PB 7.0.2 and connecting it to an Oracle 8.1.6 using the native 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver. We get the message that "The DBMS O84 is not supported in the current installation.999" We recently upgraded from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.1.6 The development team is working great. I can connect to the database in PB and with the compiled exe. However, we just gave the first test exe to the testers and they cannot connect to Oracle 8.1.6 Here is the run-down of what I looked for: The testers did have the Oracle client in...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

SOS: Sync with Oracle 8.1.6.1.0 using 8.1.6.1.0 ODBC Driver
Help! If any customer has successfully replicated bi-directionally from ASA7 to Oracle 8i (8.1.6) using the Oracle 8.1.6 Oracle ODBC Driver, we would appreciate any insight you may have concerning the small number of steps involved in implementing replication. I may be contacted directly at (206) 933-4956. Martin Douglas Senior Data Architect e-Commerce Group Food Services of America Please always specify the version and MORE importantly the BUILD number of ASA you are using with each post. If you are having problems with this Oracle driver, some of our customers hav...