Copy Data from Datawindow to RTF edit

Hi,

I would like to know how to insert data from datawindow to a RTF editor!

Kathy
kathylo@bigfoot.com

0
Kathy

To cut, paste, or copy rich text using an RTF edit or DW you have to use the
RTF functions:
copyRTF(), cutRTF(), pasteRTF()

To copy from an RTF dw or edit to a nonRTF just use the regular copy and
paste functions. All formatting is automatically removed. To copy in the
other direction, from a non RTF DW or edit to a RTF DW or edit, I think
you'd have to extract the string, add starting and ending rtf codes (export
a rtf file and view in text mode) then copytoclipboard and pasteRTF(). You
might have to mess around with these functions to get it right but I think
this is the right track.

--
Regards,

John Olson [TeamPS]                   john.olson@bigfoot.com
Developower, Inc.                        developower@bigfoot.com
---- All support communications via News Group please ----
Kathy LO wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>
>I would like to know how to insert data from datawindow to a RTF editor!
>
>Kathy
>kathylo@bigfoot.com

0
John

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

copy a datawindow into another datawindow
I have an instance datawindow declared : Ex: u_dw idw Then I do the following function: Function : of_registerdw(datawindow adw) Script : idw = adw In another function I want to set another datawindow(ldw) equal to idw I thought : u_dw ldw ldw = idw But when I destroy idw, also ldw is destroyed and that may not happen. How can I copy idw into ldw without destroying ldw when I destroy idw? Thanks for your time! Sandra Sandra, All you are doing is copying object reference to another variable. You are not actually copying datawindow. Use rows...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

Datawindow Nested Datawindow in data entry
hi!!! all , can i use nested datawindow in data entry to show important data ? means i want to show scrolling infomration on each row of a detail of a master detail screen. how can I do it ? means in an entry screen I want to show some scrolling information as the detail of detail on each row ? thanks , -neelesh If information is less you can simply add a dummy column,In detail screen. no the information is not less ... but the requirement is to make it as another detail as we don't know how much rows may come in it ... if it is more then the screen then ...

How to edit data in Datawindow
Hi, I am new to PB and wonder what to do so I can click the Datawindow and change the data in it. Is that difficult? I can create a DW, but can not change/edit the data in it..... Thx, Johny Johny, no it's not difficult. I suspect that you have no tab orders set for any of your columns. Without a tab sequence (order), the columns are not clickable or editable. Larry <Johny Johnson> wrote in message news:4497e3f3.57c6.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I am new to PB and wonder what to do so I can click the > Datawindow and change the data i...

RTF data on a datawindow?
I have used the RTF control in PB 6.5.1 to save RTF formatted data into an Oracle table. Now I want to print that column, with its RTF formatting, on a datawindow. But I cannot figure out how to do so. On my datawindow I've tried the OLE and DB OLE column types, but cannot get either to display/print the column. I've also tried the RTF datawindow style with no success. Is this possible with PB? Thanks - Jim. ...

copying/transfering datawindow results to another datawindow
I have a window which display all the records in the datawindow and at runtime, I have the option of filtering the data. Once the data is filtered/unfiltered, I would like all the results to open in a new window generated in a specific report (datawindow). So, how can I copy all the data from the filtered results? and how do I pass these filtered results to the report datawindow? You can use one of the following * dw_source.RowsCopy(1, il_Rows, Filter!, dw_dest, 1, Filter!) or * dw_dest.Object.Data = dw_source.Object.Data (all date of all buffers is copi...

copying/transfering datawindow results to another datawindow
I have a window which display all the records in the datawindow and at runtime, I have the option of filtering the data. Once the data is filtered/unfiltered, I would like all the results to open in a new window generated in a specific report (datawindow). So, how can I copy all the data from the filtered results? and how do I pass these filtered results to the report datawindow? This has been answered in another group, please don't cross post -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666 ...

Datawindow user events / Zoom of RTF datawindow
1) I don't have any description for user events defined in datawindow i.e. List of all datawindow events including custom event 2) How to zoom RTF datawindow ? It will not work with datawindow zoom function. Can you please send me with description. Mail to advait@ad1.vsnl.net.in Mr Udayan Mandvia wrote: > > 1) I don't have any description for user events defined in datawindow > i.e. List of all datawindow events including custom event > > 2) How to zoom RTF datawindow ? It will not work with datawindow zoom > function. > > Can yo...

Altering data within datawindow when datawindow in querymode
Hello all I have this datawindow which has a field called ISBN, I have set this datawindow in querymode and I need to scan in the ISBN numbers into the DW for retrieval. The problem is that I only need the string from third position to the tenth position, mid(isbn, 3, 10). In itemchange event I am unable to change this field as its get inputed. In another word, I need to alter this field before the 'Where' clause is set for querymode to get executed. dw_isbn.object.querymode='N' dw_isbn.accepttext() dw_isbn.retrieve() I tried to change the data of this field...

Copy blobcolumn data between datawindows
I need to copy the data in a blobcolumn to another blobcolumn in another datawindow (which contains another table with different columns - but it does have a blobcolumn). I do not find anything in the documentation about it. And the Sybase.DataWindow.GraphicObjectBlobColumn class unfortunately does NOT have an "ObjectData" property... Does anyone have an idea on how to do it (without having to first save the target row in the target datawindow to the database) ? Best regards Lars Sweden Well, GraphicObjectBlobColumn probably wouldn't...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Copy data from Dynamic datawindow
I have a datawindow displaying data based on dynamic SQL's entered by users based on this code: new_syntax = sqlca0.SyntaxFromSQL(new_sql, & 'Style(Type=Grid)', error_syntaxfromSQL) ...... dw_bottom.Create(new_syntax, error_create) However, when the data displayed in the datawindow, I can not copy and paste the data into, say notepad, etc... How can I change that to be able to highlight bunch of rows and columns and then copy them? Thanks for any help. if you want to copy a selection of data, you'll need to compose it into a string (eg. tab-...

Web resources about - Copy Data from Datawindow to RTF edit - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo