copy a datawindow into another datawindow

I have an instance datawindow declared :
Ex: u_dw idw

Then I do the following function:
Function : of_registerdw(datawindow adw)
Script : idw = adw

In another function I want to set another datawindow(ldw) equal to idw

I thought : u_dw ldw
                ldw = idw

But when I destroy idw, also ldw is destroyed and that may not happen.  How
can I copy idw into ldw without
destroying ldw when I destroy idw?

Thanks for your time!

Sandra

0
Sandra

Sandra,

All you are doing is copying object reference to another variable. You are not
actually copying datawindow. Use rowscopy function to copy datawindow to
another datawindow.

-Hitesh

Sandra Lambrechts wrote:

> I have an instance datawindow declared :
> Ex: u_dw idw
>
> Then I do the following function:
> Function : of_registerdw(datawindow adw)
> Script : idw = adw
>
> In another function I want to set another datawindow(ldw) equal to idw
>
> I thought : u_dw ldw
>                 ldw = idw
>
> But when I destroy idw, also ldw is destroyed and that may not happen.  How
> can I copy idw into ldw without
> destroying ldw when I destroy idw?
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> Sandra

-1
Hitesh
8/2/2001 12:39:42 PM
or GetFullState and SetFull State

Hitesh Patel wrote in message <3B694A0E.459A9462@covansys.com>...
>Sandra,
>
>All you are doing is copying object reference to another variable. You are
not
>actually copying datawindow. Use rowscopy function to copy datawindow to
>another datawindow.
>
>-Hitesh
>
>Sandra Lambrechts wrote:
>
>> I have an instance datawindow declared :
>> Ex: u_dw idw
>>
>> Then I do the following function:
>> Function : of_registerdw(datawindow adw)
>> Script : idw = adw
>>
>> In another function I want to set another datawindow(ldw) equal to idw
>>
>> I thought : u_dw ldw
>>                 ldw = idw
>>
>> But when I destroy idw, also ldw is destroyed and that may not happen.
How
>> can I copy idw into ldw without
>> destroying ldw when I destroy idw?
>>
>> Thanks for your time!
>>
>> Sandra

1
Jerry

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

copying/transfering datawindow results to another datawindow
I have a window which display all the records in the datawindow and at runtime, I have the option of filtering the data. Once the data is filtered/unfiltered, I would like all the results to open in a new window generated in a specific report (datawindow). So, how can I copy all the data from the filtered results? and how do I pass these filtered results to the report datawindow? This has been answered in another group, please don't cross post -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666 ...

copying/transfering datawindow results to another datawindow
I have a window which display all the records in the datawindow and at runtime, I have the option of filtering the data. Once the data is filtered/unfiltered, I would like all the results to open in a new window generated in a specific report (datawindow). So, how can I copy all the data from the filtered results? and how do I pass these filtered results to the report datawindow? You can use one of the following * dw_source.RowsCopy(1, il_Rows, Filter!, dw_dest, 1, Filter!) or * dw_dest.Object.Data = dw_source.Object.Data (all date of all buffers is copi...

Inserting datawindow to another datawindow
Hello, what is the best (ok, any) method of inserting all visual objects from first datawindow to second datawindow, while keeping the objects from second datawindow on their place? Thank you for your time :-) Jakub Janda The best method would be to go back to design :-)) pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "Jakub Janda" <Jakub.Janda@empire.cz> wrote in message news:mRGyciwUAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > > what is the best (ok, any) method of inserting all visual objects > from first datawindow to second datawi...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

datawindow

Datawindows with child datawindows

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

DataWindows and datawindow objects

datawindow A called by another datawindow B
hi all, I have one datawindow A and it is retrieved data from the database by dw_A.settransobject(sqlca) dw_A.retrieve(iv_tickler.borw_id,gv_tickler.tklr_seqno,gv_curr_userid) Now, I would like to give the dataojbect in dw_A with a DropDownDW B. I have given the retrival requirement in the datawindow B. When i called this B from A, it asks for the retrieval argument. I give it and it works......but i would like to give it from my datawindow in datawindow A so that i dont' have to give it my mannual each time. What is the method? use the global variable first? Sorr...

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

Web resources about - copy a datawindow into another datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 3:44:33 PM