Convert String to Number

I am running PB 7.03 build 10047 on Windows 2000.
How do I convert a string value to number in the DataWindow script?
I can convert number to string using String(ll_value), but how do I do the
reverse?
The help file says I should be able to use Number(ls_value), but the error
checker tells me that is an unknown function.
Thanks for your help.
0
Scott_Emery
6/13/2001 4:46:16 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
📃 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 16301 Views

dec('123') or long('123') or integer('123')

--
Kim Berghall
Sisu Group, Inc.
<Scott_Emery> wrote in message
> I am running PB 7.03 build 10047 on Windows 2000.
>
> How do I convert a string value to number in the DataWindow script?
>
> I can convert number to string using String(ll_value), but how do I do the
> reverse?
> The help file says I should be able to use Number(ls_value), but the error
> checker tells me that is an unknown function.
>
> Thanks for your help.

-2
Kim
6/13/2001 6:13:54 PM
This is from PB help:
Use IsNumber(some_string) to check that text in an edit control can be
converted to a number.
To convert a string to a specific numeric data type, use the Double, Dec,
Integer, Long, or Real function.
-1
lt