Convert string to number #2

Hey all,
I have got a text field in the summary band in a report datawindow which
I want to set to a value at runtime and the value will come from the
user. The value will be used for further addition and substraction. How
do I convert this value from a string to a number?  Thanks in advance
for any help.
Jian Kuang

0
Jian
6/4/1999 2:01:52 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
📃 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1143 Views

Depending on the scale or type of number, you can use Dec ( ), Long ( ),
Double ( ), Real ( ), or Integer ( ). All of them call for a string or blob
argument.
Jian Kuang <jkuang@vitinc.com> wrote in message
Hey all,
I have got a text field in the summary band in a report datawindow which
I want to set to a value at runtime and the value will come from the
user. The value will be used for further addition and substraction. How
do I convert this value from a string to a number?  Thanks in advance
for any help.
Jian Kuang

0
Lu