Connections in PowerBuilder

Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time
against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or
more) connections?

regards
Kjell Brandes

0
Kjell

I answered this in another section.  Please don't cross-post.

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:51:47 +0100,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes@sem@con.se> wrote:
>Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time
>against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or
>more) connections?
>
>regards
>Kjell Brandes

Bruce

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Connection from PowerBuilder
I tried a connection to a server NT with ASA 6.0 from a client with PowerBuilder 5.003 or 6.5 via ODBC drivers and I have this message error : sqlstate=S0801 [SYBASE] ODBC Driver [Adaptative Server Anywhere] communication link failure : communication error. Any suggestions ? Gilles ARNAL. ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Connections in powerbuilder
Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or more) connections? regards Kjell Brandes It depends on the database. Some (e.g., Oracle) don't have a problem with that. Others (e.g., SQL Server) don't allow a select on a connection that already has a result set pending. In the latter case, you have to create a second connection for the second cursor. On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:52:32 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

connect by powerbuilder
I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your current installation " how I do to solve it ? I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . thank you! devid wrote... > I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it > by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your > current installation " > > how I do to solve it ? > > I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . This mea...

Powerbuilder connection
Guys need some help with this. We have a powerbuilder app which runs against 8.1.7 database on win. nt 4.0. Power builder is 7.0.3 version. Every other day I see either hungup apllication or ora-03113 end of file on communication channel oracle message. Any help from any body. There are lots of things that can cause ORA-03113 errors, many not having to do with PB at all. It's difficult to tell what the problem might be without more information though. For example, Oracle technote 1003596.6 indicates that: What does ORA-03113 "end-of-file on communication channel&quo...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Web resources about - Connections in PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles