Connect to SQL Anywhere with NO DSN

I want to distribute a PB app but I do not want a DSN entry.  Is there
anyway to hard code the dbparm without a DSN but to just use the actual
..DB file name?

0
Richard

I don't think so. I wish there was, it would make deployment easier.
If you want I can provide you with some InstallShield code to
configure your ODBC entries.

Regards,
Dave Fish [Team Powersoft]

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:22:34 -0500, Richard Shakour
<dct@dctsystems.com> wrote:

>I want to distribute a PB app but I do not want a DSN entry.  Is there
>anyway to hard code the dbparm without a DSN but to just use the actual
>.DB file name?

0
dfish

DSN Less connection using sql anywhere
Hi We have recently shifted our web pages and asp pages onto SBC webhosting. The problem is that we are using SQl Anywhere 5.5 database on our database server. Our various locations are accessing asp pages using SQL anywhere database. I have to setup ODBC connection to SBC site . Currently we are using the following script in asp pages: Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") conn.Open "DSN=WestSac;UID=DBA" Set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command") Could anyone help me how to setup DSN less connection using SQl anywhere. Thanks N...

Cannot connect via ODBC DSN to Sql Anywhere across network
Hello again. I am trying to connect to a database on a network server via ODBC. I want to be able to set up a DSN on multiple client machines and connect to a central server. However, I am not able to connect. I am not sure where in the process I am going wrong. I have created a network service on a central server running sql anywhere. The machines name is lotus. I named the service testservice and pointed it at a local database named testdatabase.db. The service is running, but how do I tell if the database is running? Does it automatically run with the service. This is what I wo...

DSN-less connection to SQL Anywhere 5.0 from VB 6.0
I am trying to connect to SQL Anywhere database using ADO in VB 6.0, but without using a specific DSN. I have gotten it to work using a DSN, but am trying to provide everything the connection will need without using the DSN, as not all the computers this will run on will have the DSN. Currently running this code to make connection to SQL Anywhere database using DSN: Public adocnn As New ADODB.Connection Sub Main() Dim adoRecordset As ADODB.Recordset Dim strCnn As String Dim adoCmd As ADODB.Command Set adoCmd = CreateObject("adodb.command") Set...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere connectivity
Hello, I am having some problem, we have an application running against MS SQL Server 6.5 as backend. Now we have decided to use SQL Anywhere also as an backend with the application. Problem is that we have coded lots of MS SQL Server specific code in our application so we cannot straight away use the application against SQL anywhere. Can anyone help me in this. Thanks in advance Rajesh Rajesh Dutta wrote: > > Hello, > I am having some problem, we have an application running against > MS SQL Server 6.5 as backend. Now we have decided to use SQL Anywhere ...

changing datawindow connection is breaking my datawindow SQL
Hi I have had to move a number of datawindows from Oracle 9i running on a windows 2003 to Oracle 9i on AIX 4.3.3 (which is also on a private network, and requires a VPN to connect to). In the datawindow designer, I have also had to change the database interface from O90 Oracle 9i to an ODBC datasource (because I was not able to connect). In doing so, I have had to graphically re-create all the DW SQL again because I get this error: Table "XYZ" has no columns, possible invalid table format. Do you want to continue in graphic mode? If I select "NO", the SQL is...

Connectivity problems (SQL Anywhere, gateways and Web.sql)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------9C650BA40C8667276A7C599A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, We have a new SQL Anywhere server running on a NT server. We are trying to connect web.sql 1.2 (the trial version) running on another machine (SGI IRIX 6.2) to the SADEMO database server on the NT server. The SADEMO (Sample database of SQL Anywhere) is running on the NT machine on the port 1498. I have configured the web.sql (on the SGI) with an interface file via the sybinit tool in the sybase/install directory...

Pervasive Scalable SQL and SYB SQL Anywhere connectivity
Does anyone have any information that will help us create an interface between our Sybase SQL Anywhere db file and Pervasive Scalable SQL dat files? We hope to link our PB Human Resources System with an existing Payroll system but are just getting started and are short on information at this point. We do have ODBC drivers for both systems. TIA, Eliezer Katz Exxis Software katze@exxiscorp.com I don't know how helpful this will be, mainly because I don't know what you mean by define an interface, but: If you can make connections from a client machine to your perv...

Using quotes in Powerbuilder embedded SQL and SQL Anywhere 10.0 ?
Hi, I was testing my app with the new release of SQL Anywhere 10.0. It looks like SQL Anywhere 10 does no longer accept any embedded SQL command that uses double quotes ie: SELECT "roster"."last", "roster"."first" from "database" into :ls_last, :ls_first ; // Generates syntax error in SQL Anywhere 10, but works fine in SQLA 9 SELECT roster.last, roster.first from database into :ls_last, :ls_first ; // Generates syntax error in SQL Anywhere 9, but works fine in SQLA 10 Changing all the embedded SQL in a big app requi...

Using quotes in Powerbuilder embedded SQL and SQL Anywhere 10.0
Hi, I was testing my app with the new release of SQL Anywhere 10.0. It looks like SQL Anywhere 10 does no longer accept any embedded SQL command that uses double quotes ie: SELECT "roster"."last", "roster"."first" into :ls_last, :ls_first ; // Generates syntax error in SQL Anywhere 10, but works fine in SQLA 9 SELECT roster.last, roster.first into :ls_last, :ls_first ; // Generates syntax error in SQL Anywhere 9, but works fine in SQLA 10 Changing all the embedded SQL in a big app requires lot of work and also the applicatio...

Connecting to SQL Anywhere
Does anyone knows if exist one way to connect to SQL Anywhere without ODBC from Powerbuilder 7.0? If it exist please tell me how can I do? You can use JDBC via jConnect. On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:39:42 -0500, "Luis Andaluz P." <landaluz@supan.com> wrote: >Does anyone knows if exist one way to connect to SQL Anywhere without ODBC >from Powerbuilder 7.0? >If it exist please tell me how can I do? > > But how invoke these funtions? What functions? The mechanism for making a JDBC connection via PowerBuilder is covered in the Connection To...

connection to SQL Anywhere
Hi, My PB6.5 application connects to an SQL Anywhere 5.5 database. The connection statement is located in the open script of the application. It works fine when there is no problem with the database. However, if, for example, the database file is missing, I first get a window whose title is "connect to SQL anywhere" asking me for the userid and password. The correct userid and password are already in the corresponding text fields of the window. Subsequently, I get the db error message that I display in my script by checking the SQLDbCode immediately after the "connect...

Connecting to SQL Anywhere
I am trying to connect to an SQL Anywhere database through ODBC and get the message: SQLSTATE=08001 (Sybase)(ODBC driver) Unable to connect to database server: unable to start specified database. Does anybody have an idea, what this tries to tell me? Thanks Wolfgang Schumacher Sadly, it could be one of a million things: a problem with the .db and/or .log files, with the ODBC.INI or related files, or with the software setup. Can you start the database from Start - Run command line; e.g., "...path...\dbeng50.exe" "...path...\psdemo.db" If it says t...

Web resources about - Connect to SQL Anywhere with NO DSN - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Powerball Lottery Drawing for Record $1.5B Jackpot is Tonight
The Powerball jackpot was estimated at $1.5 billion on Wednesday.

Lawrence Phillips Found Dead In Prison Cell Due To Possible Suicide
Lawrence Phillips, former NFL running back and standout at The University of Nebraska, was found dead Wednesday morning inside his prison cell, ...

Looking To Buy A David Bowie Album Online? Every Single Copy On Amazon Is Sold Out
Those looking to buy David Bowie’s albums online are out of luck — at least for now. Online retail giant Amazon has sold of every copy of Bowie ...

Obama administration heads to Detroit to speed up self-driving car rules, report says
Federal regulations regarding the implementation and operation of self-driving cars might be in the works. According to Reuters , Transportation ...

GoPro misses Q4 revenue goal, plans to cut 7 percent of workforce
GoPro announced today that it anticipated $435 million in Q4 revenue and $1.6 billion for the calendar year. The news couldn’t have come at a ...

NFL owners vote 30-2 to find another city for use in twisting local pols’ arms for public money
In other words, the Los Angeles Cash Cow has been fully milked . Twenty-two years after the LA Rams became the St. Louis Rams and the NFL left ...

Star Wars Bits: Leia Coming ‘Star Wars Rebels,’ John Boyega Teases ‘Episode 8,’ The Return of Jabba the ...
Today’s edition of Star Wars Bits is jam-packed with galactic-sized goodness, so we don’t even time for a proper introduction. We don’t! Honest! ...

Jeb Bush Says ‘Most of the Crimes Are Black on Black’ in Black Communities
Former Florida Governor and current presidential runtrunner™ Jeb Bush can’t seem to do much right these days, including making a coherent racist ...

Al Jazeera America is shutting down
Adieu, Al Jazeera America, and all the DNA it absorbed from Al Gore's once massively-hyped Current TV. The network's closure is particularly ...

Virtual and Augmented Reality May be a ‘Game Changer’ Like PCs, Says Goldman
Goldman Sachs ’s Heather Bellini and team today offered up a 58-page think piece on the future of virtual reality and augmented reality , the ...