Composite dw's in PB 7.0

Has anyone got composite dw's which have multiple retrieval arguments to
work in PB 7.0?  I enter in the args for the composite dw but right after I
enter in the first arg for the nested dw a "'(' expected after function
name' error pops up.  I know about the create in 6.5 -> migrate to 7.0
workaround but was hoping someone had found a solution in 7.0.

--
Neil Negandhi
negandhi@vex.net

0
Neil

Composite Dw's in PB 7.0 Problem 2
I've got a composite DW with one nested dw(for testing only). The nested report is only retrieving one row but yet it prints 2 pages(the 2nd is blank). Normally I would think that I had a column hanging off of the edge of the page margin but this is not the case. I only have one column on the report. If I turn of the detail band autoheight it reduces to one page only(which I expected in the first place). Has any one else dealt with this??? Regards, DTL ...

Composite Dw's in PB 7.0 Problem 1
I've got a composite DW which itselft contains a composite DW. One of the nested reports in the nested composite (second level) specifies "New Page". This does not work. It seems that any nested dw other that the first level of nesting will ignore this setting. Has anyone found a work around for this?? Regards, DTL ...

Composite Dw's in PB 7.0 Problem 3
Seems to be a problems in PB 7.0 filling in the arguments for a nested report. I've got 4 arguments to fill in, I fill in the first with a valid argument and get the message "Functions requires "(". Funny this is, 'its complaining about the 2nd arguments which I have yet to get to. Anyone else reported this one?? My work around is to build the nested report in PB 6.5 and then migrate it over, it works fine after that! Regards, DTL I am experiencing the same problem and like you will resort to developing this in 6.5 and migrating. Regards, ...

dw.Object.DataWindow.hidegrayline = 'yes' not work for PB 7.0.3 Build 10312?

PB 7.0
I'm new to all of this, and I did browse everywhere it seems... What is the easiest way to create and display an updateable datawindow in a web browser. I feel that I must have missed something in my reading. Is there a working 7.0 example somewhere? Platform is PB 7.0, IIS (using cgi), and ASA. Thanks Glenn Miller ...

dw event 'sqlpreview' problem in PB 7.0 and 7.01 maint
Ancestor scripts not work when datawindow event 'sqlpreview' has no script,but I puts any script(even a comment character), it works normaly! Please fix this problem as soon as possibile ! Nick, I am not aware of this problem, but if indeed it does exist, this is not the forum to receive Sybase technical support or fixes for software bugs. Please open a case with Sybase Technical Support at 1-800-8-SYBASE to pursue. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support Nick wrote: > Ancestor scripts not work when datawindow event 'sqlpreview' has no > script,...

Using 6.5 DW's in 7's HTML and ActiveX DataWindows
PB 7 has the new HTML DataWindow and the ActiveX DataWindow. Both just read PBD's to extract a specific datawindow to process. Question: Can these new facilites read PB 6.5 datawindows? This would be nice to ease transition. We can still develop DW's in 6.5 until we thing 7.0 is stable and we can distribute to our developers. Don Weimann 1. No, it won't read PB7 datawindows. HTMLDW is implemented by adding properties to the datawindow object. 2. PB7 is, AFAIK, rather stable. I've invested a great deal of time to ensure that it, and in particular, the HTM...

PB 7.0.2 C3 and Grid DW's
I am using PB 7.0.2 build 8046 on NT 4.0 SP5 with Oracle 8.1.6. We are using the PBo7370.dll that came with each release. Our app does produce data windows that are Grid type. It seems that these datawindows seem to retrieve data noticably slower than of the previous consolidated EAStudio 3.5 release. Is this due to the memory fixes? Our tabular data windows do not have any retreival speed issues - only grid data window reports. Thanks Marc We think we have found the issue - having the HorizontalScrollSplit attribute set to the DW, when it is a grid, causes the retrie...

PB 7.0 build #6012 causing my DW's to page fault
My DW's are page faulting (see below) after I upgraded(?) my PB 7.0 to version 6012 from version 5000 something. This only happens after I call a dw.filter() and then try to dw.update(). If I clear the filter, they update fine. What's the deal? Is there a newer patch somewhere that takes care of this? Or is it something else on my side? Do I need to upgrade my ASA or something as well? PB70 caused an invalid page fault in module PBDWE70.DLL at 0167:106c2988. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=106c2988 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=0068e6c8 EBP=0068e72c ECX=03c00...

Can't execute Stored Procedures with argument(s) using MS SQL 7.0 versus PB 7.0.3
I am using Power Builder 7 and I have installed the patch up to version 7.0.3 I connect to my SQL database (MSSQL 7) using regular ODBC for SQL Server. It works fine for retrieving any kind of sql syntax that I create using datawindow. However, it doesn't work for running a stored procedure with argument(s). The stored procedure itself runs just fine when I tested it from MSSQL's Query Analyzer. Examples: alter procedure dba.sp_people_long_name --> this one works just fine, because it has NO arguments as begin select peopleid,longname=lastname+', '...

can jpeg be displayed in PB 7.0 or 6.5 as dw's picture objects?
can jpeg be displayed in PB 7.0 or 6.5 as dw's picture objects? thank you! 6.5, no. 7.0, yes. In article <iaXmmQav#GA.267@forums.sybase.com>, ojauregui@baja.gob.mx says... > can jpeg be displayed in PB 7.0 or 6.5 as dw's picture objects? > > thank you! > > > -- John Strano [TeamSybase] ...

PB 7.02/7.03 Crashing When Creating DW's
[Originally posted to pb.general with no reply. Hoping someone here can shed some light.] We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852. DW's generate fine using AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within PowerBuilder it crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's: The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5 (DBI_EditStyleInfo) Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them fixes the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder...

PB 7.02/7.03 Crashing When Creating DW's
We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852. DW's generate fine using AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within PowerBuilder it crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's: The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5 (DBI_EditStyleInfo) Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them fixes the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder Attributes again. Anyone else have this problem? -- Neil Negandhi negandhi@vex.net ...

5.0 Vs. 6.0
We are using a composite datawindow which contains a number of datawindows, set to Slide Directly Above & Autosize Height. The report when viewed and printed in 5.0 (16 bit) does not add a page break depending on the size of the child datawindows, it prints/displays up to the margin of the page and then continues the datawindow on the next page - which is the desired behaviour. In PB 6.5 it does add a page break at the beginning of the datawindow- which I don't want. The PB's have not been modified other than migrating. Is there a way to force the child datawindows to be s...

Web resources about - Composite dw's in PB 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Composite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Composite Photo on the App Store on iTunes
Get Composite Photo on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland (HDR composite panorama) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I went on a weekend photo shoot with Icelandic photographer Orvar Porgession; we're leading two sold out photography workshops around Iceland ...

NSW education audit: staged learning, composite classes are the new classroom
... teacher, not the type of class, that makes a difference to students. One-in-three public primary school students in NSW are taught in a composite ...

Composite skeleton of H.naledi
ABC Home Open Sites menu ABC Home News iview TV Radio Kids Shop More Search Australia Weather News Home Just In Australia National Australian ...

Review: Urban Armor Gear’s Composite Case for iPad Pro kills 3 birds with 1 stone
... something as big as Logitech’s Create , you’ll start searching for a “smarter” solution. From where I stand, Urban Armor Gear’s new Composite ...

Cage against the EMP: New composite cases protect against the electro-apocalypse
... safe in transit from unfriendly electromagnetism. 2 more images in gallery WASHINGTON, DC—A small company from Utah has developed a composite ...

Alternative ISM for Metalworking, Plastics, Composites Suggests Economic Contraction
... over the last four to five months. Most indices are at their lowest point since late 2012. We do this for metalworking, plastics, composites, ...

CCRSI: Composite Price Indices Post Moderate Gains in July
This month's CoStar Commercial Repeat Sale Indices (CCRSI) provides the market's first look at July 2015 commercial real estate pricing. Based ...

Composite Of The Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Over Dallas
Higher res version HERE . This is a composite shot created by photographer Mike Mezeul II of Sunday's blood moon lunar eclipse moving across ...