Composite Datawindow - last line of page prints half on one page, half on another

I have a system for printing reports using a composite report.  The
composite report has a header, 1 -embedded report, and a footer.  The
user chooses which datawindow to embedded.  Some of the embedded
datawindows are printing large amounts of text that spans several
pages.  About half the time, the last line of text printed is cropped
and the part cropped appears on the next page.

I am running NT4 with PB6.5.  I have tried
a. making the embedded report the exact size of one line of print.
b. sizing the detail area very small.
c. Different font families.  Arial seemed the worst, Times New Roman
is better.  Using 8, 10, 12 point with 12 point being our preferred.

Any other suggestions?
0
lschnug

dw.modify/dw.print-print half line on page one, the other half on page two.
Please help! I am using PowerBuilder 5. I create a report where after retrieving data from an external source, I use dw_1.modify to add lines of text to the report at runtime. I call dw_1.print to print. When the report is printed, if the report is two pages long, the text that I use dw_1.modify to write show half a line on page one and the other half on page two. Dear Julie: It sounds to me that your line is wider than your margins. Check your page size and margins and make sure that you do not go beyond the margin with any lines on a page or the excess line length will b...

How can I resolve: on printing or preview, datawindow is Cutting text in the end of the page and printing half in each page?
I'm using PowerBuilder 8.0.3 Build 9704. Now, I have a text field that it is printed half at end of current page and half in the next page. Above it, I have others text field, computed fields and nested reports. They're slide up property on position tab setted to Directly Above. I Tried setting it to All above but without result. I tried modifieing botton and top margins but for some it resolve and other not. What can I do to resolve it? Tiago Padilha. Tiago; Do the columns have AutoSize Height = TRUE? Austin "tiago padilha" <tpadilha@topazio...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

How to print one datawindow several times in one page?
I want to print a datawindow which only consists of 5 lines consecutively. Each time I call PrintDataWindow() function, the printer scroll one whole page. How can I print the same datawindow several times in one page? Thanks Hi, Create a composite datawindow which contains 5 nested datawindow of your datawindow, HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj WangYu <wurunqng@unet.net.cn> wrote in message 359A4F38.7915@unet.net.cn... >I want to print a datawindow which only consists of...

Datawindow Print
I cant' choose the page range in PrintDialog-Box. I use the standard pfc-Library with dw.print(true,true). System: Powerbuilder 10 Version 5032, pfc-Application. Can anyone help me. Thanks. Does the print dialog come up at all? Regards, John Team Sybase -- ,� "Zeller Manfred" <manfred.zeller@ziag.ch> wrote in message news:415dc07b@forums-1-dub... > I cant' choose the page range in PrintDialog-Box. I use the standard > pfc-Library with dw.print(true,true). > > System: Powerbuilder 10 Version 5032, pfc-Application. > >...

How do this -- About print datawindows in one page
Hello I have several datawindows, some has several records, some has many records, I want to print these datawindows one by one. This looked like the following. -------------one page--------------------- | | | dw_1 | | | | ... | | | | dw_2 | | | | | | dw_3 ...

printing datawindows on one page
People, I've datawindows assigned to datastores. I populate all the data dynamically. There is a report of one page which I've made into serveral datawindows. Now I want to print those several datawindows on one page as one print job. I know you can print several datawindows as one print job, but everytime it prints on a new page. I'm not using any window object or a datawindow control as the client dont want the window to be populated. Is there a way where I can do it with datastores and print them on one single page. If I use composite datawindow style, I can't...

Printing two datawindows on one page
Hi there! Is there any solution for printing two small datawindows one one page ? I assume that the size of datawindows is small enough. Yes. Composite DW were created to meet this issue. On 9 Oct 2003 03:54:03 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Paul B <Pawel.Bodnar@atena.pl> wrote: >Hi there! > >Is there any solution for printing two small datawindows one one page ? > >I assume that the size of datawindows is small enough. Olivier Citeau from Paris, France Thanks, I've tried this. Unfortunettly in my case I have to create ...

Printing Datawindows
PB 7.0.3 Build 10009 I am having problems when I attempt to print a datawindow with a page footer. On the datawindow, I have many nested or composite datawindows and text fields with autohieght set. If a text field is forced to print on two pages, the last line is over writen by the footer (phyiscally prints over top of the last line on the paper) and than the last line is repeated on the next page. I have looked for help in the online books and past posting but I am unable to find any reference. Is there any reference books regarding printing and a sound practice to follow... ...

Printing two datawindows on one page?
Greeting, We have two datawindows reports on a tab page, when using pfc_print(or pfc_printimmediate) to print out the datawindows, they will come out on two sheets of paper. We have tried another way to combine the two datawindows as one printing job, with the sharing header page, they will still be printed on different pages. Our customers would like to have the two datawindows printed on the same sheet of paper, is there anyone could extend some tips on this? We are using PB 5.04 on NT 4.0 Oh, if you also could E-mail to my address, and I will re-post it. TIA ...

print page number in composite datawindow
i have a composit datawindow with 4 ested reports i need to print the page number of the composite so i add a computed filed page() in the footer band when i preview on screen it works fine but when i print i got the same page number on all of papers page 5 if i have 5 papers printed please is there any work around for this problem thank you Its always a good idea to include the PowerBuilder version and build number in your post. I seem to recall this being a bug in one of the versions of PowerBuilder and I believe it has been fixed. I just tried it with PB 10 (Build 4510) an...

Print multiple Datawindows on one page?
I know that PrintDatawindow() prints each dw on a separate page, but I have 3 datawindows on a sheet (window) that I need printed out as they look on the screen...all 3 on one sheet of paper. Is there any way to do this without writing script to print out each column and its label one at a time? Thanks, Justin Well, for this particular instance I can just do a PrintScreen() on the window. But if anyone knows how to solve my original question, I'd still like to know. Thanks. "Justin Feist" <mapsme@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dpOy$OqSBHA.65@fo...

Printing two datawindows controls in one page
Hi guys! Does anybody knows how can i print two datawindows in differents dw controls in one page?? Thanks a lot. Diego wrote: > > Hi guys! > > Does anybody knows how can i print two datawindows in differents dw > controls in one page?? > > Thanks a lot. You can print a (hidden) composite DW that is composed of the two DW's on the entry window. The trick is to a) possibly do a kludge here (see note below), b) share the DW's on your current window with the two DW's on the composite DW, c) print the composite DW. Note about (a): ...

I want to print several datawindows in one page.
I want to print several datawindows in one page. Because there are several options, each option corresponding to a datawindow. If you don't choose the option, you don't need to print the dw. So I don't use composite report . I make several individual datawindows. Then I open a print job in Powerscript and use printdatawindow() to print them. But I find every datawindow begins with a new page with large empty space left. Should I use print() to print a field of a record in a line, then begin a new line, print next field... until print all fields of a datawindow record, then...

print 2 different datawindow into one page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C221E1.2C255EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, Is possible to print (n) <--unknown different datawindow without = pagebreak? Cause I have n datawindow is dynamic generate at the run-time = environment. so I can't put those datawindow into one composit report. Please help ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C221E1.2C255EC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCT...

Web resources about - Composite Datawindow - last line of page prints half on one page, half on another - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo