Composite datawindow and dynamical creation of datawindows

My composite datawindow has in the detail band 1 nested datawindows.

The first nested datawindow is always fixed.

What I want to do is to add dynamicly more drop down datawindows, is this
possible.

I've tried several options but it never worked, so I'm affraid it is not
possible.

Has anyone an idea.

Thanks in advance.

Marc.

0
Marc

I have what appears to be a similar requirement, a dw with nested dw, and I
want to modify the nested dw to alter some of the field labels at runtime.

I've a feeling it's not possible, as GetChild doesn't work, presumably
because there is a different instance of the nested dw for each row.

Our solution was to add retrieval arguments to the nested dw, the sole
purpose of which is to display as column headings.

Not a very neat solution, and I'm not sure that it will be of any use in
your case :-(

Simon

Marc Van Gysel wrote in message ...
>My composite datawindow has in the detail band 1 nested datawindows.
>
>The first nested datawindow is always fixed.
>
>What I want to do is to add dynamicly more drop down datawindows, is this
>possible.
>
>I've tried several options but it never worked, so I'm affraid it is not
>possible.
>
>Has anyone an idea.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>

>Marc.

0
Simon

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

Datawindow Syntax (Composit Datawindow)
Would you help me to create datawindow layout for the report of composite datawindow from DWsyntax at runtime? ...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow
Hi All I have a question. Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we access its properties. The specific problem is that I want to combine two dws. One is generated externally and the other is a simple tabular dw coming from a db. If I try to use getchild() then I do not have columns for get child. I am using PB 7.0.3 on Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL Server. Thanks. Sincerely Saleem > Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we > access its properties. ldw_dw.object.r_pumpputyyppi.object...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Dynamic creation of Composite datawindow
Hi, I want to dynamically create a composite datawindow AND dynamically create its component datawindows also. I was successful in creating the composite datawindow when the component datawindows were already created at design time. But when I tried to create the same AND the component datawindows, I got stuck. This is because I cannot assign a name to the datawindow object created dynamically. Therefore I could not specify the name in the syntax used to create the composite datawindow. Is there any way to create this datawindow or is it impossible? Thanxs in advance Charul ...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Web resources about - Composite datawindow and dynamical creation of datawindows - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo