column field length < database field??

I have a datawindow in which I have a column field.
in the column field the length that I have fixed only fit 40
chars.
The database field length is 50 char.

The question is...What property/ies Do I have to set for I
could write 50 chars although they weren't seen altogether
in the datawindow column field?

Thanks in advance
0
jomarca1

    Export the DW into it's "source" code. Then change the column length to
50 and re-import the source code!
regards ... Chris

<jomarca1> wrote in message news:3ff16e26.547c.846930886@sybase.com...
> I have a datawindow in which I have a column field.
> in the column field the length that I have fixed only fit 40
> chars.
> The database field length is 50 char.
>
> The question is...What property/ies Do I have to set for I
> could write 50 chars although they weren't seen altogether
> in the datawindow column field?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Chris
12/30/2003 12:34:28 PM
One way to synchronize the datawindow column buffer size and the
database column size is to go to the datawindow SQL painter, use the
mouse to *slightly* move one of the selected columns (let it snap back
into place) to trigger "the SQL has changed" flag, go back to the
datawindow painter saving the SQL "changes", and review the datawindow
column specifications to see if buffer size has changed.

On 30 Dec 2003 04:23:03 -0800, jomarca1 wrote:

>I have a datawindow in which I have a column field.
>in the column field the length that I have fixed only fit 40
>chars.
>The database field length is 50 char.
>
>The question is...What property/ies Do I have to set for I
>could write 50 chars although they weren't seen altogether
>in the datawindow column field?
>
>Thanks in advance

0
Matthew

Setting calculated field into a column field
Hi All, I need to assign a result of calculated field into a column field. dw_1.object.data[1,1,10,1]=dw_1.object.calculate_1[1,10] How can l do this ? If I use a loop to assign the value the performance is too low. Any help appreciated Stefano Bullo ...

<field> field not updateable
Hi, I am using a MS Access backend on Windows 2000 using FAT (not NTFS) System. I have designed a web page which inserts data into a table (which works), but if i try and update the table, I get a '<field> field not updateable. Why ? The field is not a primary key or an AutoNumber, its just a text column. Any Ideas ? Thanks gslick www.uosb.co.uk .... before you ask. I do have a primary key within the table which is an autonumber......

how to connect a database-field to an input-field

Fixed length column [field name] data length mismatch
I'm using XE4 Pro UPd 1 with FireDAC 8.0.5 I'm porting a database application from dbExpress to FireDAC still using the same SQL Server 2008 R2 database. I have made a basic setup with a data module and set up tadQueries using cascading updates as described in the manual to handle the relations. All queries execute fine in the IDE and the Field lists are all populated. In the program I first open the queries in hierarchical order. All is well: I can see the data I want in controls as expected, also from detail queries. I then navigate to another (existing) record in the maste...

Displaying fields in same was as <%=(field)%> in .net
Hi, I am very new to .NET after aloways programming in ASP. Thought I would try and rewrite a site of mine using the new beta and Visual Web Developer. First impressions are good, there are some great tools there to save a load of time with the Datagrids etc. However I am stuck on how to do something I use 99% of my time in ASP and is holding me up! Before I would create a recordset using sSQL = "SELECT Name FROM Albums WHERE Uid = 1 ORDER BY Name" Set RsAlbum = Conn.Execute(sSQL) Name = RsAlbum("Name") Then in the HTML I could display the result by using <%=(Name)%> ...

<script>... </script> tag being appended to fields in a database
Hey all,Lately my production SQL Server DB has been having Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

Required field/fields
hello , I am having four upload file controls , next to them 4 textbox's , and 1 checkbox , if the checkbox is checked , only 1 of the textbox's become available ...I want to check if each upload file if it has a file and the textbox's next to it isnt empty , or the only available one isnt empty , the idea that i am uploading 4 files or less , each uploaded file must have a title for it in the textbox , or one title for all the files , If someone can help me in the idea of the code for that in the upload button....I tried putting XOR code between each upload and textbox but inter...

Tab from field to field
I am writing a data entry application for a mobile device we will probably be using pocket pc 2002 but may decide to go with pocket pc 2003, is it possible to tab between fields? The user does not want to have to use the stylus to go from field to field. Any sample code would be helpful ThanksMaria...

Empty upload field overwriting database field problem
 Could someone please help me find the missing piece to this puzzle.  My issue is when i execute this form without entering a new image in upload field, it overwrites the field in the database.  I'm not to sure how to pass the value, or just not update that field.   Any help would be great. <%@ Page Language="VB" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head runat="server">     <...

asp:uploadFile bind database field to text field
I'm sure this is REALLY simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.  I have a CMS for a client, and they can upload images to the server.  When creating new records, this feature works like a charm.  However, when they go to edit a record, the uploadFile text box doesn't fill with the data already contained in the database for that file upload.  Is there some way to bind text to the text box for asp:uploadFile? I don't think it is possible.  If you check the SDK most of the fileupload's properties are readonly (including filename). I notice that when I bind to the...

Inserting two form fields into one database field?
Hey Everyone, I've created a form that has a Serial Number entry on it. I want the user to either be able to type in a new serial, or select one from the dropdown list. The problem I've run in to is that when I try and use the same Name on both ControlParameters, it conflicts.Here's the code I have, the bottom two control parameters are the ones that conflict:  <InsertParameters><asp:ControlParameter ControlID="DropDownList3" Name="ServerType" Type="String" /><asp:ControlParameter ControlID="TextBox2" Name="Serve...

Add non database field to a tclientdataset (but load fields from DB)
Hi, I've encountered a technical issue while building a business framework based upon dbx : For some business objects I need some extra read/write fields in the clientdataset that models them. Technically, I have a classic tclientdataset connected to tdatasetprovider connected to tsqldataset. When I define myfields at runtime I get an error when opening the clientdataset because of unknown fields for the non-database fields ( I would have hoped they would simply get null values ). I tried many different things but can't get it to work. My current workaround is to select extra d...

Adding field types to the GridView Edit Columns (or Fields) dialog
I have a new field type derived from BoundField for a custom grid control derived from GridView.  I want the new field types to appear in the Edit Columns (or Fields) dialog. It seems like a simple idea but I have not been able to determine what to override to add the new types.  Any direction would be appreciated.Ron Kreykes I have the same question... any solution found yet ? I think the only way is to rewrite the System.Web.UI.Design.WebControls.DataControlFieldTypeEditor class, and for instance, the internal DataControlFieldsEditor class which is the design...

Can a field in Gridview be a Hyperlink field as well as Template field?
I have to add Template field  to Gridview and use data binding statement such as "<%# GetData(Eval("DType").ToString())%>" in the ItemTemplate. so that column retrieve/shows GetData("DType") values. When user clicks on this column it should redirect the user to another page, showing selected/clikced datarow . I think it is to do with Dynamic Hyperlink Field. I like to know can a column be a Hyperlink field as well as Template field so that i can use data binidng statement as above and do hyperlink task as well. your quick suggestion ...

Web resources about - column field length < database field?? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.