Column Change in Datawindow

If the length of a column in a database is changed, it is required that
you drop the column and then add it again.  Or you can export the
datawindow, change the length of the column to the new length and then
import it.
My question is:  when the length changes, let's say from varchar 60 to
varchar 80, will the original length of 60 be displayed in the
properties of the column (I have noticed this, but I am not sure if it
happens by default)?
I ask because our client recently informed us of a description that
exceeds 60 and we have made the db change to reflect 80.  Unfortunately,
this description is found in 100+ datawindows (*sigh*) and I am looking
for a quick way to determine whether the datawindow fix has been made or
not.  I would prefer testing each datawindow separately, but the amount
of time to set up criteria for this is ridiculous (a good portion of the
datawindows are reports with fairly lengthy SQL statements).
Any information would be helpful.  Thanks in advance!
--
Anthony D. Bainbridge, PowerBuilder Developer
DMR Consulting Group Inc.
520 King Street, Suite 830
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada, E3B 6G3
Direct Phone: (506) 444-3603
Main Office Phone: (506) 451-9820
Fax: (506) 451-9821
http://www.dmr.com
http://listen.to/adb
179 Days until January 01, 2000
0
Anthony
7/5/1999 11:33:56 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
📃 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 639 Views

In Advanced Powerbuilder Utilities (comes with enterprice) there is a tool
syncronize extended attributes. It also handles the length (or in general)
data type changes. It lists the dw's in the liblist, and almost
automatically changes your dws.
Anthony D. Bainbridge wrote:
> If the length of a column in a database is changed, it is required that
> you drop the column and then add it again.  Or you can export the
> datawindow, change the length of the column to the new length and then
> import it.
>
> My question is:  when the length changes, let's say from varchar 60 to
> varchar 80, will the original length of 60 be displayed in the
> properties of the column (I have noticed this, but I am not sure if it
> happens by default)?
>
> I ask because our client recently informed us of a description that
> exceeds 60 and we have made the db change to reflect 80.  Unfortunately,
> this description is found in 100+ datawindows (*sigh*) and I am looking
> for a quick way to determine whether the datawindow fix has been made or
> not.  I would prefer testing each datawindow separately, but the amount
> of time to set up criteria for this is ridiculous (a good portion of the
> datawindows are reports with fairly lengthy SQL statements).
>
> Any information would be helpful.  Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Anthony D. Bainbridge, PowerBuilder Developer
> DMR Consulting Group Inc.
> 520 King Street, Suite 830
> Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada, E3B 6G3
>
> Direct Phone: (506) 444-3603
> Main Office Phone: (506) 451-9820
> Fax: (506) 451-9821
>
> http://www.dmr.com