Changing Tab control's Selected Tab property

My window has got a tab control with three tab pages. The
default Selected Tab property is set as 1. While opening the
window ( in Window Open Event), When I tried to change the
Selected tab property to 2 , It is not working.

Why ?

//Window Open Event
tab_1.SelectedTab = 2

Rgds.
0
FRANKLIN

Try tab_1.POST SelectTab(2)

<FRANKLIN> wrote in message news:405165ff.647c.846930886@sybase.com...

> My window has got a tab control with three tab pages. The
> default Selected Tab property is set as 1. While opening the
> window ( in Window Open Event), When I tried to change the
> Selected tab property to 2 , It is not working.
>
> Why ?
>
> //Window Open Event
> tab_1.SelectedTab = 2
>
> Rgds.

0
Jerry
3/12/2004 3:51:27 PM
I tried tab_1.POST SelectTab(2) as suggested by Mr. Jerry
Siegel,
but failed.

> Try tab_1.POST SelectTab(2)
>
> <FRANKLIN> wrote in message
> news:405165ff.647c.846930886@sybase.com... >
> > My window has got a tab control with three tab pages.
> > The default Selected Tab property is set as 1. While
> > opening the window ( in Window Open Event), When I tried
> > to change the Selected tab property to 2 , It is not
> working. >
> > Why ?
> >
> > //Window Open Event
> > tab_1.SelectedTab = 2
> >
> > Rgds.

0
Franklin
3/13/2004 3:57:29 AM
Here's the code I run in the window post open event (user defined event posted
from the open event) to get it to select the second tab.

   yield()
   tab_1.SelectTab(2)

<FRANKLIN> wrote in message news:405165ff.647c.846930886@sybase.com...

> My window has got a tab control with three tab pages. The
> default Selected Tab property is set as 1. While opening the
> window ( in Window Open Event), When I tried to change the
> Selected tab property to 2 , It is not working.
>
> Why ?
>
> //Window Open Event
> tab_1.SelectedTab = 2
>
> Rgds.

0
DT
3/15/2004 2:42:44 PM
The idea is to set the tab *after* the open event is done. What I think is
happening is that open completes, the window is displayed, and the tab
object gets focus, setting the tab to the default selected tab on the
control.
From the open event, post a user event (many frameworks have that built in
as ue_init, ue_postopen, or some such name).  Try setting the tab in that
event.

<Franklin> wrote in message news:405286a9.7380.846930886@sybase.com...
> I tried tab_1.POST SelectTab(2) as suggested by Mr. Jerry
> Siegel,
> but failed.
>
> > Try tab_1.POST SelectTab(2)
> >
> > <FRANKLIN> wrote in message
> > news:405165ff.647c.846930886@sybase.com... >
> > > My window has got a tab control with three tab pages.
> > > The default Selected Tab property is set as 1. While
> > > opening the window ( in Window Open Event), When I tried
> > > to change the Selected tab property to 2 , It is not
> > working. >
> > > Why ?
> > >
> > > //Window Open Event
> > > tab_1.SelectedTab = 2
> > >
> > > Rgds.

0
Jerry

Changing font color on tab control's selected tab
All: Is it possible to change the font color on the selected tabpage's label in a tab control? In essense, I not only want the selected tab's label to appear in bold, but also in a different font color from all the other (unselected) tabs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave eg tab_1.tabpage_2.TabTextColor = RGB(255, 255, 0) James <Dave Yurasits> wrote in message news:41124a9a.4afa.1681692777@sybase.com... > All: > > Is it possible to change the font color on the selected > tabpage's label in a tab control? In essense, I not only > want the selected tab's label to appear in bold, but also in > a different font color from all the other (unselected) tabs. > > Any insight would be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks, > Dave ...

Set the control's tab order in a tab control
How can I set the control's tab sequence in a tab page? Charles Right click inside the tab page, and select Tab order from the right mouse menu. Get out of tab order using the menu or toolbar. Kent Piland Charles wrote: > How can I set the control's tab sequence in a tab page? > > Charles ...

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

Tab Controls
Hello - I'm using PB 6.5. I can't get the selectedtab property to work in any event. I want a different tabselected to show based on what menu item is selected. I have put tab1.selectedtab=X in several events and none of them will cause ANY tab to be selected and have focus. Not until one of the tabs is clicked, does this work. There seems to be something going on in the opensheet command. Anyone have any ideas? THANKS ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Have you tried SelectTab()? Let us know, Terry...

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were much better at this. Thank you Danny Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

'Tab' control 's visible doesn't work.Why?
I use tab control in my applition. And I set visible=false, but it doesn't work. my code is: ----------------------------------------------- <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />  <div>   <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer runat="server" ID="Tabs" Height="138px" ActiveTabIndex="0"    Width="402px">    <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel1" HeaderText="Tab1" Visible="false">     <ContentTemplate>      1111     </ContentTemplate>    </ajaxToolkit:TabPanel>    <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel3" HeaderText="Tab2">     <ContentTemplate>      2222     </ContentTemplate>    </ajaxToolkit:TabPanel>    <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel2" HeaderText="Tab3">     <ContentTemplate>      3333     </ContentTemplate>    </ajaxToolkit:TabPanel>   </ajaxToolk...

accessing a datawindow's control's properties using expresisons
Is it possible to access a column's y coordinate and use it in a datawindow extression? example: if(column.y > 500, a..., b...) If( Long( Describe( 'column.Y' )) > 500, a..., b... ) -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Leon Mandel" <lmandel@sao.state.tx.us> wrote in message news:3E308134.8070602@sao.state.tx.us... > Is it possible to access a column's y coordinate and use it in a > datawindow extression? > > example: > > if(column.y > 500, a..., b...) > ...

Error Creating Control: 'x:NavMenu' could not be set on property 'Tabs'.
I've been banging my head for a while now around this problem... I just wanted to create a menu such as below.<x:menu id="NavMenu" runat="server">    <x:Tab Link="Http://www.google.com/" Text="Online" runat="server"/></x:menu> It works totally fine with the code below but when I view the page in the designer I have problems where it cannot set hte property.I've played around with different [ParseChildren(false)] markings but can't get it right. Maybe some expert can help me.  He...

To add extra tab's to the master page and to add selective tabs to a page.
Hi,    I tried adding one more tab to the already existing 4 tabs in the template. But as soon as i modify the web.sitemap file, and refresh the datasource, i get a single tab "PARENT NODE" .. how to I add another tab without losing the existing ones?Also what is the procedure to add selective extra tab's to a few pages hiding those that are present in the master page..Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks a million in advance.Neo. You have to add them to the 'web.sitemap'......

SeaMonkey Bug
Just noticed that 1) the 'Close Tab' button on the Tab Toolbar is smaller than the 'Open a New Tab' button, and 2) that it doesn't have a Tooltip. I've many times wondered why a tab wouldn't go away when I was clicking that Close Tab button. It was first now that I realized that the button didn't fill up the entire height (and the relative width) of the Tab Tool, and thus leaving an inactive area around it. I see no reason for NOT utilizing the whole height for the 'Close Tab' button, as is done for the 'Open a New Tab' button. ...

UPDATED: AJAX FAQ? And: How to Style the AJAX tab control's tabs: complete information
UPDATE April 08, 2009: for the latest version of this post, with up-to-date info on styling the Tab control, see my just updated Blog post -- the info below is somewhat outdated and does not have some additional details I have added to the Blog post.   First of all, I would like to suggest that the AJAX section of the ASP.NET forums have its own FAQ section. I was going to post this in the general ASP.NET FAQ, but it didn't really fit, and there was no AJAX FAQ, so I'm posting it here. Next: I have been looking for details on how to style the Tabs in the AJAX Tool...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

Tab Control Change Tab Colors
I have a customer that wants the Tab Control to have specific colors for the tabs depending on which tab is clicked. I have been able to use the CssClass to get the hover to be the way they would like but the active tab they would like it to be a different color.  I have attempted to write VB behind code as follows sub onTabChange(byval sender as object, byval e as system.eventargs) Select Case TabContainer1.ActiveTab Case 1 TabContainer1.CssClass = "ajax__tab_tab1" Case 2 ....... end sub I have the Sub as the onActiveTabChange property of the tab control. I do not ge...

Tab Control
Hi,I have a quick question that I am hoping will have an easy answer.I have a form with a tab control and 3 tabs.  What I would like to do is have a button on one of the tabs change the active tab.So under tab 1 the users clicks the button which will bring them to tab 2.  I know they can just click on the tab header at the top however I want to do some quick validation of information before making that tab visible and switching focus to it, is this possible?Regards,Daryl  function SetTabIndex(index){var tabs = $find('TabContainerClientID');tabs.set_activeTabIndex(index);} ...

Should the tab control do a postback when changing tabs?
Did some research to make sure this wasn't already addressed..may have missed it though. In the latest ( 20229 ) version, it seems to have been fixed for use in Firefox,   but it causes a postback subsequent to the ActiveTabChanged event.     Is this intentional?  Thanks in advance.    BGriffin_TPA wrote: > Did some research to make sure this wasn't already addressed..may > have missed it though. > > In the latest ( 20229 ) version, it seems to have been fixed for use > in Firefox, but it causes > >...

Changing the selected tab with Ctrl+tab
I am using PB 7 build 8046. If I open a window with opensheet command and I have a tabcontrol on that window, i am not able to use the ctrl+tab key to change the selected tab. It is urgent. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Dewang Ctrl+Tab is by default used to change current sheet in MDI window. I am not sure it can be overriden, anyway try pbm_syskeyup and pbm_syskeydown events. Jakub Janda Jakub, Thanks for reply. Does that mean that I cannot put a tab control on the MDI Sheet window? There must be some workaround.. >Ctrl+Tab is by defau...

DataWindow editor 6.5 column's properties "expressions" tab
Hi, I'm on PB 6.0.1 (beta 2) and I'am waiting for PB 6.5.1 to upgrade. To those of you who are on PB 6.5, I'd like to know if in the DataWindow editor, in the column's properties "expressions" tab, you can set an expression for "Background.Mode". In PB 6.0.1 (beta 2), I can set an expression for "Background.Color", but not for "Background.Mode". If not, I will submit an enhancement request to Sybase for that property to be �expressionnable� in the DataWindow editor. In fact, if I Export a dataWindow, I can manually add an...

can't close tab if there's just one tab open
Name: jesse Email: jesteratmyhorriblelifedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't close tab if there's just one tab open Comments: previous version of firefox would let you close the single default tab, thus having a "blank" firefox running. i rarely close firefox, but i often want to get rid of the last page that i was looking at. i jus switched to firefox 3.5 and there seems to be no way to get rid of the last tab that i have open. the close "x" goes away and i can't close it through the file menu either. both "close tab" and &quo...

Selecting another control in a custom control's properties
I have a custom control I'm creating and It is going to influence a gridview on the parent page.  What I would like is when the custom control is dropped onto the page in the designer, to be able to select the gridview in the custom control's properties (similar to the way when you drop a RequiredFieldValidator you can select other controls in the ControlToValidate property.  Is there a way to mimick the ControlToValidate property, except be able to select from any GridViews on the page?   Thanks! Hi, first you need to create a type converter. You can creat...

AJAX Control Toolkit's Tabs control in an UpdatePanel
If you place the Tabs control in an UpdatePanel and set the AutoPostBack property of the TabContainer to true, every time you click on one of the TabPanel controls which causes the active tab to change, the rendering of the control causes a flicker. It appears like a postback, although it is not. Any way to get around this? Thanks.  Thanks. I used it . i never got the problem.<script type="text/javascript">            function PanelClick(sender, e) {    }    function ActiveTabChanged(sen...

Tab Pages without tab's
Can I implement Tab Pages without seeing the tab's, i'd like to switch between tabs with next and previos buttons on each tab page. Thanks I've done that by just resizing the window the tabcontrol is on (so just cover the tabs). Works perfect. -- Aart Onkenhout, AINO BV, The Netherlands Onkies PowerBuilder Page: http://www.xs4all.nl/~onkie (updated 30-06-2001) "Pere Pie" <perepie@retemail.es> wrote in message news:Ewzl#lwCBHA.269@forums.sybase.com... > > Can I implement Tab Pages without seeing the tab's, i'd like to switch &...

Adding Button only to selected tab in Tab Control?
I'm using the Tab Control and I'm creating Tabs dynamically. I've just figured out how to use Headertemplates on my dynamically created tabs. I have some headertext and an ImageButton (close button) in my HeaderTemplate. But I only want that ImageButton to be visible on the selected tab. In code behind I can easily make different HeaderTemplates depending on weather the tab is selected or not, but then I have to enable AutoPostBack on my TabContainer and that's not something I  wanna do. Is there a way to hide my ImageButton on all tabs except on the s...

Web resources about - Changing Tab control's Selected Tab property - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow