changing series color of a graph in a datawindow in a composite dw

PB 901  build 7011. w2k

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you have accomplished the following:

Change the series color of a graph DW that is in a composite DW that in turn
is in another composite DW. Yes, that is right. Three levels deep

I checked the PB manuals but I did not find anything that would help.
Checked google, but I found no good information.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ivan

0
ith

Changing graph colors in a composite datawindow
I have a composite datawindow that contains 4 graph datawindows. Is there any way to change the colors used on the graph? I tried using GetChild to access the graph but SetDataStyle is not a method of the datawindowchild object. Thanks John ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp You can change the colors for a datawindow but not in a composite report. I tried saving to a psr and retrieving it back in but it lost its new colors, getfullstate doesn't work either. //this is the code to change the color of the da...

Change serie color nested graph datawindow
I have a graph datawindow with 2 series. Now I have changed the color for this series coding the pbm_dwngraphcreate event in the datawindow control: *** CODE *** Integer li_res li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Aerea', Foreground!, RGB(0,0,255)) li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Aerea', LineColor!, RGB(0,0,255)) li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Aerea', Continuous!, 2) li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Aerea', SymbolX!) li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Osea', Foreground!, RGB(50,150,...

Change linecolor of a series in a graph reside in a composite datawindow
I am using PB10. For a non-composite datawindow, i used the following code to change the line color to black successfully. dw_xxx.SetSeriesStyle('gr_1', 'SeriesName', LineColor! ,0) However, when the graph reside in a composite datawindow, I used the following code but errors appear (Error accessing external object property .... ). dw_xxx1.Object.dwxxx2.SetSeriesStyle('gr_1', 'SeriesName', LineColor! ,0) It's seems that we can not call any method of a datawindow object that reside in a composite datawindow object. Are there any metho...

Series Color in Graph Datawindow
Hi, I have a graph datawindow. The Data propertis are as follows: Category: a1,a2,a3,a4,a5 Value: double1,double2, double3,double4,double5 Series: "ProductA","ProductB","ProductC","ProductD","ProductE" where the values a1-a5 and double1-double5 are being set during runtime using the setitem function. The Graphs appear. Now I would like to give the series new colors: Product A = Orange Product B = Blue and so on it seems as if Powerbuilder 7 chooses colors automatically. Can I set them programmatically? Please help - this d...

graph datawindow change color
No series! only RED color how are change color(RED) to Black Sorry that feature is not available. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) BalckBoy <yhjeong@dy.co.kr> wrote in article <3iKe4S5X#GA.289@forums.powersoft.com>... > No series! > only RED color > how are change color(RED) to Black > > > ...

Change graph color in DataWindow
I am using PB9: Is there a way to change the color of a graph using the DataWindow syntax. We do not have coding opportunity and need a way to change the graph color using the syntax. Any ideas? Thanks, Drew //this is the code to change the color of the datawindow //but it doesn't work for a datawindowchild long ll_seriescount , li_rc, ll_gr_color, ll_cnt string ls_series_name ll_seriescount = dw_1.SeriesCount('gr_1') for ll_cnt = 1 to ll_seriescount //get the series name ls_series_name = dw_1.SeriesName('gr_1', ll_cnt) // Set th...

How to set color for series in a graph datawindow
Serieses in a graph datawindow are automatically colored red, green, blue .... Is it possible to change the color for a specific series? How? Thanks, Jun The reason that I want to pick colors for serieses is that I am creating a datawindow showing "Supply vs. Demand", and I want to have "Supply" be the first series in green and "Demand" be the second series in red. "Jun Gan" <jungan@aboex.com> wrote in message news:44e34e12$1@forums-2-dub... > Serieses in a graph datawindow are automatically colored red, green, blu...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

how can I get or set property to a graph datawindow in a composite datawindow?
I make a composite style datawindow. There is a graph style datawindow in it. I can't get or set the graph style datawindow 's property like title, values.label and or so. the graph style datawindow 's datasource is extern data. I do it like this: datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child) dw_child.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' It failed! then I use this datastore ds_1 ds_1 = create datastore ds_1.dataobject = 'data_graph' ds_1.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('grap...

Set Graph Series Style in composite datawindow
Usually, if we would like to change the series style of a graph in datawindow, we call dw_1.SetSeriesStyle in a user event for pbm_dwngraphcreate before a graph is created in a DataWindow object. Problem occurs when dw_1 is a composite datawindow. (dw_1.object.rpt_1.object.gr_1. .....) How can I change the style of a graph in a composite datawindow? Regards, Grace ...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow
Hi All I have a question. Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we access its properties. The specific problem is that I want to combine two dws. One is generated externally and the other is a simple tabular dw coming from a db. If I try to use getchild() then I do not have columns for get child. I am using PB 7.0.3 on Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL Server. Thanks. Sincerely Saleem > Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we > access its properties. ldw_dw.object.r_pumpputyyppi.object...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

Web resources about - changing series color of a graph in a datawindow in a composite dw - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo