Changing graph colors in a composite datawindow

I have a composite datawindow that contains 4 graph datawindows. Is there any
way to change the colors used on the graph? I tried using GetChild to access the
graph but SetDataStyle is not a method of the datawindowchild object.

Thanks
John
John

You can change the colors for a datawindow but not in a
composite report.  I tried saving to a psr and retrieving it
back in but it lost its new colors, getfullstate doesn't
work either.

//this is the code to change the color of the datawindow
//but it doesn't work for a datawindowchild
long ll_seriescount , li_rc, ll_gr_color, ll_cnt
string ls_series_name

ll_seriescount = dw_1.SeriesCount('gr_1')

for ll_cnt = 1 to ll_seriescount
	//get the series name
	ls_series_name = dw_1.SeriesName('gr_1', ll_cnt)
	// Set the color of the series
	li_rc = dw_1.SetSeriesStyle ('gr_1',ls_series_name,
foreground!, 0)
next

> I have a composite datawindow that contains 4 graph
> datawindows. Is there any way to change the colors used on
> the graph? I tried using GetChild to access the graph but
> SetDataStyle is not a method of the datawindowchild
> object.
>
> Thanks
> John
Dawn

changing series color of a graph in a datawindow in a composite dw
PB 901 build 7011. w2k Hi All, I was wondering if any of you have accomplished the following: Change the series color of a graph DW that is in a composite DW that in turn is in another composite DW. Yes, that is right. Three levels deep I checked the PB manuals but I did not find anything that would help. Checked google, but I found no good information. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ivan ...

Change graph color in DataWindow
I am using PB9: Is there a way to change the color of a graph using the DataWindow syntax. We do not have coding opportunity and need a way to change the graph color using the syntax. Any ideas? Thanks, Drew //this is the code to change the color of the datawindow //but it doesn't work for a datawindowchild long ll_seriescount , li_rc, ll_gr_color, ll_cnt string ls_series_name ll_seriescount = dw_1.SeriesCount('gr_1') for ll_cnt = 1 to ll_seriescount //get the series name ls_series_name = dw_1.SeriesName('gr_1', ll_cnt) // Set th...

graph datawindow change color
No series! only RED color how are change color(RED) to Black Sorry that feature is not available. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) BalckBoy <yhjeong@dy.co.kr> wrote in article <3iKe4S5X#GA.289@forums.powersoft.com>... > No series! > only RED color > how are change color(RED) to Black > > > ...

how can I get or set property to a graph datawindow in a composite datawindow?
I make a composite style datawindow. There is a graph style datawindow in it. I can't get or set the graph style datawindow 's property like title, values.label and or so. the graph style datawindow 's datasource is extern data. I do it like this: datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child) dw_child.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' It failed! then I use this datastore ds_1 ds_1 = create datastore ds_1.dataobject = 'data_graph' ds_1.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('grap...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Change serie color nested graph datawindow
I have a graph datawindow with 2 series. Now I have changed the color for this series coding the pbm_dwngraphcreate event in the datawindow control: *** CODE *** Integer li_res li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Aerea', Foreground!, RGB(0,0,255)) li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Aerea', LineColor!, RGB(0,0,255)) li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Aerea', Continuous!, 2) li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Aerea', SymbolX!) li_res = This.SetSeriesStyle('dw_3','Osea', Foreground!, RGB(50,150,...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

Datawindow Syntax (Composit Datawindow)
Would you help me to create datawindow layout for the report of composite datawindow from DWsyntax at runtime? ...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow
Hi All I have a question. Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we access its properties. The specific problem is that I want to combine two dws. One is generated externally and the other is a simple tabular dw coming from a db. If I try to use getchild() then I do not have columns for get child. I am using PB 7.0.3 on Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL Server. Thanks. Sincerely Saleem > Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we > access its properties. ldw_dw.object.r_pumpputyyppi.object...

Change linecolor of a series in a graph reside in a composite datawindow
I am using PB10. For a non-composite datawindow, i used the following code to change the line color to black successfully. dw_xxx.SetSeriesStyle('gr_1', 'SeriesName', LineColor! ,0) However, when the graph reside in a composite datawindow, I used the following code but errors appear (Error accessing external object property .... ). dw_xxx1.Object.dwxxx2.SetSeriesStyle('gr_1', 'SeriesName', LineColor! ,0) It's seems that we can not call any method of a datawindow object that reside in a composite datawindow object. Are there any metho...

Web resources about - Changing graph colors in a composite datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo