Changing DataWindows to match changed columns in Database

All,

I have 3 columns in my Database that are being changed from integer to
numeric(6,1) . I want to change all occurrences of these columns in Datawindows
to the new datatype. I tried DWEAS but it did nothing. I am running PB 6.0 under
Win NT 3.51. Is there a patch for DWEAS under NT ?

Thank You,

Rob Rambusch
B4arnaclesNOSPAM@aol.com
0
Rob

Stored Procedure result set changes
Hi all I am using PB10.0.1 MR (Build 5502) and ASA 9.0.2.3044. I am dealing with datawindows based on Stored Procedures for the first time. I have a stored procedure that returns a result set and a datawindow with that stored procedure as data source. Now I am modifying the stored procedure to return an additional column in the result set. How do I get that new column to show up in the datawindow? The Help and all newsgroup posts that I can find on the topic tell me to right click in the Column Specification section of the datawindow painter, choose Stored Procedure and...

How I can change the background colour of columns in a datawindow when focus changes
I have columns in a datawindow.I want to know ,during data entry, how I can change the background colour of column when the focus is in a particular column and how I can change to column actual colour when focus change from that column.Once the datawindow is saved Iam making all the columns grey. Thanks CID ...

how to change datawindow after chaning database table column length
We are using powerbuilder6 client and oracle database beckend. Now, we have to change some table columns. how to change datawindow type length? If table change a field from varchar2(4) to varchar(10), how to change datawindow column char(4) to char(10)? Open the datawindow in the datawindow painter, got to the SQL, change something or simulate a change and go back to the presentation view. PB will change all columns according the actual database table properties. <tomli> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:432e09f0.194d.1681692777@sybase.com... > We are using powerbuilder6 cl...

Refreshing datawindow column specs after database painter changes.
When you update a column's attributes (such as initial value) in the database painter, is there a way to update all the datawindows that use that column to be consistent? -Matt There is a tool in the Advance Powerbuyilder Utilities : DWEAS DW Extended Attributes Synchronizer that will ASSIST you in finding which datawindow to change when you change an extended attribute. HTH -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Matt Leo <matt@acrcorp.removethis.com> wrote in article <zKAb0eRo9GA.221@forums.powersoft.com>... > When you update a column's attributes (such a...

Changing Datawindow columns
Hi, Someone knows how to change the column�s name of datawindow dynamicaly? Thanks in advance Paulo, What would be the purpose of this? Austin "Paulo Eduardo Ostermann Filho" <peoft@terra.com.br> wrote in message news:3f37cc8a@forums-2-dub... > Hi, Someone knows how to change the column�s name of datawindow dynamicaly? > > Thanks in advance > > I doubt there is a way to do this directly. More than likely, you will need to destroy the existing object and add it back (do not forget to save the attributes of the destroyed column). ...

Column Change in Datawindow
If the length of a column in a database is changed, it is required that you drop the column and then add it again. Or you can export the datawindow, change the length of the column to the new length and then import it. My question is: when the length changes, let's say from varchar 60 to varchar 80, will the original length of 60 be displayed in the properties of the column (I have noticed this, but I am not sure if it happens by default)? I ask because our client recently informed us of a description that exceeds 60 and we have made the db change to reflect 80. Unfortunate...

Datawindow Column Change
Hi, I am setting a value inside a column (not TYPING) using SETITEM. Is there any event on the datawindow which gets fired after the value is set on the column thanks, no. ItemChanged fires to let the program know the user changed the data. If you coded a SetItem, the program already knows the data was changed. Best practice is to put the code that needs to run after a data change in a function or user event and fire it both from the ItemChanged event and after the SetItem. Philip_Salgannik wrote in message <18289E1E7FFEB774006A759885256B97.00699E5D85256B97@w...

datawindow column changes...
I have a datawindow with a cloumn displayed as a checkbox. Now there's a table with reasons why someone showed or did not show up. From this table a made two datasources, one with the reasons a person showed up, and one with the reasons they didn't show up. When the checkbox is checked the user can select in the next column (dddw) why the person showd up. if the checkbox is not checked the next column has the dddw with a datasource with the reasons a person did not show up. Now if i filled in a few persons en later on i open the datawindow again to change things, if i unche...

How changing a datawindow attached in a datawindow control ?
Hi, I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically. So I did: dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1' The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE. Someone could help me ? Thanks, Alvason Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil I suspect that the dataobject ('dw_object1', the actual datawindow that you painted in the datawindow painter) is not being compiled into the .exe file, since its only reference is the string 'dw_object1'. If this is the case, you need to compile the executable with a .PBR file that include...

How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow
How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow programatically. Let's suppoose there are three column in datawindow 1: Name 2: address 3: Phone when we open the window, Tab or Cursor is on column 1 (Name) now i have one button ...i want to write code in that button...when i click that button control or tab or cursor goto the phone column. Please somebody tell me how i can do this... thanks noaman mughal SetColumn. -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9...

Datawindow status changed after background color changed
I have a problem on the datawindow After I changed the background color and tab order of a column, in debug mode, I find the column by using gettext and getitemstring to get the data after retrieved. I can get the current row number and current column name, however, using gettext() is returned empty string, but using GetItemString() is return the actual data of this column. why the reason is different? Gettext() returns the value that is in the edit control that "floats" over datawindow columns (as the user tabs along). Thus, gettext() returns a value that may have...

changing datawindow connection is breaking my datawindow SQL
Hi I have had to move a number of datawindows from Oracle 9i running on a windows 2003 to Oracle 9i on AIX 4.3.3 (which is also on a private network, and requires a VPN to connect to). In the datawindow designer, I have also had to change the database interface from O90 Oracle 9i to an ODBC datasource (because I was not able to connect). In doing so, I have had to graphically re-create all the DW SQL again because I get this error: Table "XYZ" has no columns, possible invalid table format. Do you want to continue in graphic mode? If I select "NO", the SQL is...

DataWindow ColType is wrong in DataWindow Object, how do I change it?
Problem: rows = dw_1.Retrieve() crashes (returns -1) I know why it's doing it but I can't fix it. Here is what I have found. Initially I created a DataWindow Object called d_geninfo which saves data to the GENINFO table. Then, some months later, I changed the HOMEOWNER column in the GENINFO table from Char(1) to Char(16) and I created a second DataWindow Object d_geninfo_preferred that accesses the same GENINFO table. If I save data using d_geninfo_preferred that is more than 1 character long and I later retrieve it into d_geninfo it crashes. Now the goofy part. I...

Changing Datawindow Columns #2
Hi, Group. We are working with PB 8 and Easerver 4.2, developing in 3-Tier. We are developing components in java that will return resultset for client application. In many situations we will use drop-downs in client with items deactivateds. For show this items deactivateds in different color of other we will have to use dropdown datawindows for make this. We trying to create one/more functions to construct this dropdowndatawindow dinamically, only pass the datawindow parent, your column that will be reference dropdown datawindow. With the resultset, we will create a datastore. You ca...

Web resources about - Changing DataWindows to match changed columns in Database - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo