Can I using PSR-file as the dataobject for a nest-report?

I have a nest-report , I want to using a PSR-file as the dataobject for
a DatawindowChild, but it is unsuccessful. Why?

0
zhangyuh

PSR file dataobjects for nested reports
Hi, I use PSR files as dataObjects of dataWindows to achieve a dynamic datawindow layout: dw_view.dataObject=<psrFileName> To enrich this feature I need the same for nested reports, I want the dataObject of a nested dataWindow to be a PSR file: dw_view.object.nrep01.dataObject=<psrFileName> or ls_err = dw_view.modify("nrep01.dataobject='" + <psrFileName> + "'") This fails either with the error message "Error accessing external object property dataobject ..." for the dot notation case or with ls_err: "Line 1 ...

Nested Reports Using PSR Files
I have two reports in PSR files. I want to nest one within the other, is this possible? No. You can only create nested reports within the report painter, but you can't do that with psr files. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <dno> wrote in message news:40f5c9d0.4696.1681692777@sybase.com... > I have two reports in PSR files. I want to nest one within > the other, is this possible? ...

Using nested Reports in PSR Files
Hi, I want to use PSR files as dynamic Dataobjects for Datawindows in PB 8 applications, allowing 2 applications to share at runtime created report definitions. The following works fine without nested reports: Save the report (without data) for later use: of_save_report() ... dw_template.saveAs(<filename>, PSReport!) Later use the saved report in another application: of_show_report() ... dw_report.dataObject = <filename> dw_report.setTransObject(sqlca) dw_report.rerieve() If the report contains nested dw's, the re...

Nested reports missing from PSR files using PB 8.0.1
When I open a PSR containing a nested report using PB 8.0.1 (or InfoMaker 8) the nested reports are blank. This seems to be true for PSR's created with PB 7.0.3 and PB 8.0.1. I would appreciate any assistance. Alan From what I understand if a PSR has nested reports then the dw's that make up the nested reports have to be available at runtime. HTH -EGM Alan Lowe <alowe@macmanus.com> wrote in message news:c4O1o7fyBHA.318@forums.sybase.com... > When I open a PSR containing a nested report using PB 8.0.1 (or InfoMaker 8) > the nested reports are bla...

using nested reports in a datawindow
i have a nested report in a datawindow.when i retrieve the main datawindow, the nested dw shows only one page of data, but actually it has more than one page of data. when i retrieve the nested dw alone it shows all pages of data.but when i retreive the main dw which has the nested dw it shows only one page for the nested dw.can anybody help me in this issue. thanks andrew ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ------------------------------------------- I have the same trouble with a nexted dw. Anybody? Thanks,...

nested report from PSR file
I am Using PowerBuilder 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.5. I need to get datawindow with nested reports from file dynamically. I used PSR file to store datawindow. When there were no nested reports everything was all right, but when I tried to load nested report into datawindow from file, error message appears "cannot load c:\pbapp\rep.psr", although when I loaded this report into another DWO (not in datawindow), it worked fine. When I loaded this report from PBL, no error appears too. So, my question is : How to load nested report from file? Thank You in advance. Touchin...

Nested Datawindow used for Report
We are experiencing a problem with a nested datawindow we are using to create a report. The nested datawindow contains only one field, which may or may not contain data for each detail line in the report. The problem is that when the report originally displays in a preview window the first page displays all the information correctly. However, as the user continues to page thru the report some of the information does not display, even though the information is stored in the database. After the second or third page of the report no information is displayed in the nested datawindow. ...

PSR files as nested report
Hi all, I want my datawindow to include a nested report where the nested report's dataobject is from PSR files. The nested report's PSR file name is from one of the field of the base datawindow. How do I do that? I create a testing script where it can work for normal datawindow but not for PSR report. Would be highly appreciated if any one can help... My testing script : //this work dw_1.Object.dw_rpt.DataObject= "d_rpt" //this don't work dw_1.Object.dw_rpt.DataObject= "report1.psr" best regards Can't do it. > I want my data...

Datastore using Datawindow with Nested report
Hi ! I want to create a bill in a datastore on a server in a client/server architecture. (All my datawindows are external !) ========================================================= The following instructions work fine with a datawindow control ! lds_consommation = create datastore lds_consommation.dataobject = "d_bill_consom" lds_consommation.InsertRow(0) lds_consommation.setitem(1,"amount"," 3802") dw_1.Object.dw_consommation.Object.Data = lds_consommation.Object.Data ========================================================= But, i have a ...

Can datawindows created in Powerbuilder be used?
Hi all, does anyone know if datawindows created in older versions of Powerbuilder can be used in datawindow.net? If they can, which version of Powerbuilder can the datawindows be created in? Could I for instance take an existing datawindow created in Powerbuilder 7 and use it in a .net app without any modification? Thanks for any help you can give. Steve. Yes they can. They need to be migrated to the version of DataWindow ..NET that you are using, but the DataWindow Designer that comes with the product will do that for you. Note: OLE and Rich Text DataWindows are not sup...

Nested reports using External datawindows
Hi I have created an external datawindow with 10 fields, which gets pasted from a pre-retrieved dw. This works fine when the set of data is single. But I don't understand what I am supposed to when multiple set of data is retrieved? Any suggestion on this would be appreciated. thx Externals make sense for nested reports on composite DWs because each nested report has only one instance. However, it makes less sense to use externals for reports nested within the detail band of a non-composite because there will be an instance of the nested report for each master row. You can still...

DDDWs in nested reports in PSR files
We have a need to e-mail reports from one office to another. The user saves the retreived report as a Powersoft Report (PSR file), and attaches the .PSR to an e-mail. The recipient views the report using a version of the PSR Viewer that Powersoft so kindly included in their Example code. The report in question contains a nested report in the detail band. The nested report itself contains some dropdown datawindow columns. The problem is, using PB 5.0.02 the dropdown datawindow columns in the nested report are not "populated" in the PSR file, so the recipient of the e-mai...

Using Nested Report for N-UP Datawindow.
Hi All, I'm having problems using Nested report Inside N-UP Datawindow. For example: My main report shows users divided in 4 areas. So I have a datawindow like: Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 cd_user_1 cd_user_2 cd_user_3 cd_user_4 ds_user_1 ds_user_2 ds_user_3 ds_user_4 But I want to show behind each user their actions. Then I Created a datawindow that receives the cd_user (user_code) to retrieve their actions and used it as nested report behind the user columns. But When I send the argument seems that my Nested Report sends only the first ...

Can FireDac be used to read *.dbf files (same files used with ShapeFiles)
Hello all, Just wondering if FireDac can be used to access *.dbf file that usually associate with shapefiles? Also, is available for iOS FireDac support? Regards, Bryan Hello Bryan > Just wondering if FireDac can be used to access *.dbf file that usually > associate with shapefiles? If these "dbf" files are standard DBase DB files, then - yes. For that you should use FireDAC Advantage driver: http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/firedac/Connect_to_Advantage_Database_Server.html Most simple will be to use Advantage local engine, which is free for...

Web resources about - Can I using PSR-file as the dataobject for a nest-report? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Report: Nest Learning Thermostat Pulled From Apple Retail Stores
... the Nest Learning Thermostat was pulled from Apple stores. Of note, they are still available through Apple.com . Source: AppleInsider Report: ...

Google "dismantled" Android hardware initiatives after buying Nest, claims disputed report
A report seeking to profile both Google's Sundar Pichai (who replaced Andy Rubin as head of Android) and Nest founder Tony Fadell claims that ...

Nest introduces Home Report, find out where you stand in each category
... customers up to speed with where they stand with the whole "savings" part of things and more. This new report incorporates more of what Nest ...

There's A Report That Nest CEO Tony Fadell Hated Apple's Design Leader Jony Ive
... iPod group. Rogers also worked at Apple, developing iPod and iPhone software. At Nest, they were hiring a lot of Apple employees. Apple reporter ...

Report: Nest thermostat headed to Apple retail stores soon
The swanky high tech thermostat from Nest Labs is rumored to be headed to Apple's retail stores.

Nest adds Protect smoke alarm data to monthly user report
Nest sends detailed Energy Reports to its loyal users every month, digitally patting them on the back for saving power (and money!). Now that ...

Glass to exit Google X, report to Nest’s Tony Fadell
The unit will exit Google X to stand on its own. Ivy Ross, its leader, will report to Nest co-founder and CEO Tony Fadell.

Report: Google Nest Plotting Home Security Push, Potential Dropcam Buy
Filed under: Market News, InvestingDo you remember the controversy a few years ago over the ground beef additive known as pink slime? Well, it's ...

Robotics pioneer Yoky Matsuoka leaving Google’s Nest to join Twitter, report says
... who rejoined Google with its $3.2 billion acquisition of Nest last year, is now leaving the search company for Twitter, according to a report ...

Consumer Reports reviews the smart home, says no to Nest and is meh on Hue
Last night, my June issue of Consumer Reports arrived with a cover featuring Nest, Hue light bulbs and a connected Schlage lock. This caused ...