Anything Like GetColumn() datawindow method in DataWindow expression function

Hi All,
I'm Using PB703 Build 10213

I'd like to know if there is any DataWindow expression function that could
give me the current Column on the DataWindow! Sthg like GetColumn() method
is script!

I've got a tabular datawindow, where I want to change the Border of a column
when it is the current column (Just for the current row, too)! Is there any
other way to do It?

Stelios

 Check your event arguments for "DWO". That is a pointer to the current
column.
To check the name for example:
ls_var    =    DWO.name

Hope that helps.

regards ... Chris

"Stelios" <development@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I'm Using PB703 Build 10213
>
> I'd like to know if there is any DataWindow expression function that could
> give me the current Column on the DataWindow! Sthg like GetColumn() method
> is script!
>
> I've got a tabular datawindow, where I want to change the Border of a
column
> when it is the current column (Just for the current row, too)! Is there
any
> other way to do It?
>
> Thanks

0
Chris
9/9/2004 12:25:55 PM
Yes, but if I issue a Modify statement on ItemFocusChanged, to change the
border of the column, this will change the border for the specific column in
all rows! (is there any way to change a property of a column for a specific
row using script?)
I was trying to do this using an datawindow expression on the column
property.
Sthg like: If (GetRow() = CurrentRow AND "GetColumn()" = 'my_column', 2, 0)
I'm looking for sthg to perform the job of GetColumn() as a DataWindow
Expression Function!!!

Thanks
"Chris Pollach" <PollachC@SCC-CSC.gc.ca> wrote in message
> Check your event arguments for "DWO". That is a pointer to the current
> column.
> To check the name for example:
> ls_var    =    DWO.name
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> regards ... Chris
>
> "Stelios" <development@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > I'm Using PB703 Build 10213
> >
> > I'd like to know if there is any DataWindow expression function that
could
> > give me the current Column on the DataWindow! Sthg like GetColumn()
method
> > is script!
> >
> > I've got a tabular datawindow, where I want to change the Border of a
> column
> > when it is the current column (Just for the current row, too)! Is there
> any
> > other way to do It?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Stelios
9/9/2004 1:03:48 PM
No, there's no GetColumn equivalent.  See the following link for a
workaround:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=s5JQTWFt%24GA.202%40forums.sybase.com

Ken

> Yes, but if I issue a Modify statement on ItemFocusChanged, to change the
> border of the column, this will change the border for the specific column
in
> all rows! (is there any way to change a property of a column for a
specific
> row using script?)
> I was trying to do this using an datawindow expression on the column
> property.
> Sthg like: If (GetRow() = CurrentRow AND "GetColumn()" = 'my_column', 2,
0)
> I'm looking for sthg to perform the job of GetColumn() as a DataWindow
> Expression Function!!!
>
> Thanks
> "Chris Pollach" <PollachC@SCC-CSC.gc.ca> wrote in message
> > Check your event arguments for "DWO". That is a pointer to the current
> > column.
> > To check the name for example:
> > ls_var    =    DWO.name
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > regards ... Chris
> >
> > "Stelios" <development@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > > I'm Using PB703 Build 10213
> > >
> > > I'd like to know if there is any DataWindow expression function that
> could
> > > give me the current Column on the DataWindow! Sthg like GetColumn()
> method
> > > is script!
> > >
> > > I've got a tabular datawindow, where I want to change the Border of a
> > column
> > > when it is the current column (Just for the current row, too)! Is
there
> > any
> > > other way to do It?
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
Ken
Thanks for your help.
The solution works fine for an Expression on the BackGround Color, but
nothings seems to happen with an expression on the Border Property!
Is there anything special about the Border property? I tried
..SetRedraw(False) before changing the value in ItemFocusChanged and
..SetRedraw(True) after. No luck!

"Ken Balakrishnan" <kNOeSPAMn@cps92.com> wrote in message
> No, there's no GetColumn equivalent.  See the following link for a
> workaround:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=s5JQTWFt%24GA.202%40
forums.sybase.com

> Ken
>
> "Stelios" <development@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message
> > Yes, but if I issue a Modify statement on ItemFocusChanged, to change
the
> > border of the column, this will change the border for the specific
column
> in
> > all rows! (is there any way to change a property of a column for a
> specific
> > row using script?)
> > I was trying to do this using an datawindow expression on the column
> > property.
> > Sthg like: If (GetRow() = CurrentRow AND "GetColumn()" = 'my_column', 2,
> 0)
> > I'm looking for sthg to perform the job of GetColumn() as a DataWindow
> > Expression Function!!!
> >
> > Thanks
> > "Chris Pollach" <PollachC@SCC-CSC.gc.ca> wrote in message
> > > Check your event arguments for "DWO". That is a pointer to the current
> > > column.
> > > To check the name for example:
> > > ls_var    =    DWO.name
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.
> > >
> > > regards ... Chris
> > >
> > > "Stelios" <development@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message

> > could
> > method

> > > column
> there
> > > any

0
Stelios
9/10/2004 6:10:41 AM
Hmm..  seems to work for me (in PB7 8046 and PB9 7119).  Can you post the
expression you're using for the border?

> Hi,
> Thanks for your help.
> The solution works fine for an Expression on the BackGround Color, but
> nothings seems to happen with an expression on the Border Property!
> Is there anything special about the Border property? I tried
> .SetRedraw(False) before changing the value in ItemFocusChanged and
> .SetRedraw(True) after. No luck!
>

> "Ken Balakrishnan" <kNOeSPAMn@cps92.com> wrote in message
> > No, there's no GetColumn equivalent.  See the following link for a
> > workaround:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=s5JQTWFt%24GA.202%40
> forums.sybase.com
> >
> > Ken

0
Ken
9/10/2004 3:40:16 PM
Sorry,
A function in an ancestor of the Datawindow Control has been overwriting my
expression on Construction!
Thanks
> Hmm..  seems to work for me (in PB7 8046 and PB9 7119).  Can you post the
> expression you're using for the border?
>
> "Stelios" <development@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Thanks for your help.
> > The solution works fine for an Expression on the BackGround Color, but
> > nothings seems to happen with an expression on the Border Property!
> > Is there anything special about the Border property? I tried
> > .SetRedraw(False) before changing the value in ItemFocusChanged and
> > .SetRedraw(True) after. No luck!
> >

> > "Ken Balakrishnan" <kNOeSPAMn@cps92.com> wrote in message
> > > No, there's no GetColumn equivalent.  See the following link for a
> > > workaround:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=s5JQTWFt%24GA.202%40
> > forums.sybase.com
> > >
> > > Ken

0
Stelios

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

datawindow

Datawindows with child datawindows

DataWindow Within DataWindow

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

Can DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable handle DataWindow expressions ?
Hi there, I have a couple of DWs that I am saving as HTML. I use 'DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable' to get the html (I've also tried data.html). I prifix this with the StyleSheet in order to get the layout correct i.e. bold, colours etc.. One DW is very simple and works no problem. The other (external) DW is very complicated and has loads of columns. Depending on various column data values, all the columns have expressions to control things like x and coords, height, width, visibility etc.. When I get the HTML the layout is not correct. Some column are not displayed when the...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Web resources about - Anything Like GetColumn() datawindow method in DataWindow expression function - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo