Altering data within datawindow when datawindow in querymode

Hello all

I have this datawindow which has a field called ISBN, I have set this datawindow
in querymode and I need to scan in the ISBN numbers into
the DW for retrieval. The problem is that I only need the string
from third position to the tenth position, mid(isbn, 3, 10).
In itemchange event I am unable to change this field as its get inputed.

In another word, I need to alter this field before the 'Where' clause is
set for querymode to get executed.

dw_isbn.object.querymode='N'
dw_isbn.accepttext()
dw_isbn.retrieve()

I tried to change the data of this field within the itemchange event,
but I got errors in retrieval.

Any ideas.
mike

Itemchanged event is fired for every change on the dw and you need to filter
the validation only for the isbn column. You need to "Reject the data value
but allow the focus to change" with a return of 2.

you might want to write the following in itemchanged event......

string myval

if dwo.name = "isbn" then
 myval = mid(data, 3, 10)
  This.SetItem(row, "isbn", myval)
  this.settext(myval)
  return 2
end if

good luck
WS

"mike chamanara" <mike.chamanara@digitalnet.com> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> I have this datawindow which has a field called ISBN, I have set this
datawindow
> in querymode and I need to scan in the ISBN numbers into
> the DW for retrieval. The problem is that I only need the string
> from third position to the tenth position, mid(isbn, 3, 10).
> In itemchange event I am unable to change this field as its get inputed.
>
> In another word, I need to alter this field before the 'Where' clause is
> set for querymode to get executed.
>
> dw_isbn.object.querymode='N'
> dw_isbn.accepttext()
> dw_isbn.retrieve()
>
> I tried to change the data of this field within the itemchange event,
> but I got errors in retrieval.
>
> Any ideas.

WS

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

embedding a datawindow within a datawindow
Below is a sample of the format for a report I need to create. The report will display courses that may or may not be part of group, because the people running the courses can choose from all the courses available to create their own "group" of courses. Since a course may or may not be part of a group would using an embedded datawindow for the group info work? How? Can anyone point me in the right direction? The data is coming from two tables. Thanks, Kevin CourseID CourseTitle CourseTopic EnrollMax EnrollCurrent 100145A "Sample" "Sample"...

Drop down datawindow within a datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Please post this question ...

Drop down datawindow within datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Generally, the steps are: ...

datawindow

DataWindows and datawindow objects

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Datawindows with child datawindows

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

Datawindow Nested Datawindow in data entry
hi!!! all , can i use nested datawindow in data entry to show important data ? means i want to show scrolling infomration on each row of a detail of a master detail screen. how can I do it ? means in an entry screen I want to show some scrolling information as the detail of detail on each row ? thanks , -neelesh If information is less you can simply add a dummy column,In detail screen. no the information is not less ... but the requirement is to make it as another detail as we don't know how much rows may come in it ... if it is more then the screen then ...

Web resources about - Altering data within datawindow when datawindow in querymode - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo