Add datawindow control for master datawindow #2

Hi,

I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the
tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8
"Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps:

1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a
control to be the master DataWindow in the applic.
2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL
3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner
but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I
can't move with the mouse.
4. I select Properties. The name of the Properties dialog box is
"Datawindow", not "Datawindow inherited from u_dwstandard" as it should
be according to the manual.

Now I can't change the Name field "u_dwstandard" to "dw_master" for
instance.

In step 3 when I click "Inherit" instead of "OK" I get the same result.

If someone could point me in the right direction ?? Thanks very much.

Regards,
marc

0
Marc

It sounds like you have selected the user object painter from the top
toolbar instead of user object button from the drop down toolbar on
the window toolbar (does that make sense?). This is a common trap for
young players.

You need to click on the drop down toolbar button directly to the
right of the save toolbar button on the window painter toolbar. Look
for the user object icon on the drop down and click on it. Then select
the DataWindow user object, click OK, and click on the window to place
the DataWindow control user object.

Regards,
Dave Fish [Team Powersoft]

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:45:25 +0200, Marc Fleureck
<dg3help@cmlag.fgov.be> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the
>tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8
>"Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps:
>
>1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a
>control to be the master DataWindow in the applic.
>2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL
>3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner
>but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I
>can't move with the mouse.
>4. I select Properties. The name of the Properties dialog box is
>"Datawindow", not "Datawindow inherited from u_dwstandard" as it should
>be according to the manual.
>
>Now I can't change the Name field "u_dwstandard" to "dw_master" for
>instance.
>
>In step 3 when I click "Inherit" instead of "OK" I get the same result.
>
>If someone could point me in the right direction ?? Thanks very much.
>
>Regards,
>marc

0
dfish

Add datawindow control for master datawindow
Hi, I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8 "Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps: 1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a control to be the master DataWindow in the applic. 2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL 3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I can't move with the mouse. 4. I select Properties. The name ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting
There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow? Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>... Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column. On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote: >There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an >expression. Did you mean the Re...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

PowerSite 1.0 Datawindow DTC & Power++ 2.0 Datawindow Control
Whenever I install Power++ 2.0, I get the appropriate datawindow control. As soon as I install PowerSite 1.0, I lose the DataWindow control and I can't register the new PowerSite control on top of it properly (or I don't know how). If I try installing PowerSite first and then Power++ I lose the Datawindow DTC control. Since these controls are obviously different, why is one overwriting the other's configuration, and how can I correct this situation? Any help would be much appreciated Hello Brendan, This issue has been previously reported as issue 498849. Until i...

PowerSite 1.0 Datawindow DTC & Power++ 2.0 Datawindow Control
Whenever I install Power++ 2.0, I get the appropriate datawindow control. As soon as I install PowerSite 1.0, I lose the DataWindow control and I can't register the new PowerSite control on top of it properly (or I don't know how). If I try installing PowerSite first and then Power++ I lose the Datawindow DTC control. Since these controls are obviously different, why is one overwriting the other's configuration, and how can I correct this situation? Any help would be much appreciated Hello Brendan, This issue has been previously reported as issue 498849. Until i...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Datawindows with child datawindows

PowerSite 1.0 Datawindow DTC & Power++ 2.0 Datawindow Control
Whenever I install Power++ 2.0, I get the appropriate datawindow control. As soon as I install PowerSite 1.0, I lose the DataWindow control and I can't register the new PowerSite control on top of it properly (or I don't know how). If I try installing PowerSite first and then Power++ I lose the Datawindow DTC control. Since these controls are obviously different, why is one overwriting the other's configuration, and how can I correct this situation? Any help would be much appreciated Hello Brendan, This issue has been previously reported as issue 498849. Until i...

Web resources about - Add datawindow control for master datawindow #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo