Add a column to the datawindow at runtime

hello

I have a external datawindow, would like to add a column or a computed field
based on the calculations required at runtime.
Any ideas ?

thanks

0
test

Here are two ways ...

========================= Column =============================

<DW Control Name>.Modify(&
"create  column( id=<an integer> tabsequence=<an integer> accelerator='<a
single letter>' moveable=<0 - False, 1 - True> resizeable=<0 - False, 1 -
True> pointer='<Arrow!, Cross!, HourGlass!, IBeam!, Icon!, Size!, SizeNESW!,
SizeNS!, SizeNWSE!, SizeWE!, UpArrow!, or cursor filename (with path)>'
band=<Detail, Footer, Header, Header.<group #>, Summary, Trailer.<group #>,
Background, Foreground>"  +  &
" x='<an integer>' y='<an integer>' bitmapname=<Yes or No>
criteria.dialog=<Yes or No> criteria.override_edit=<Yes or No>
format='<constant string containing display format (i.e., [general]) for col
(can also be an expression)>' alignment='<0 - Left, 1 - Right, 2 - Center>'
criteria.required=<Yes or No> height.autosize=<Yes or No> border='<0 - None,
1- Shadow, 2 - Box, 3 - Resize, 4 - Underline, 5 - 3D Lowered, 6 - 3D
name=<string> tag='<string>'"+&
" background.mode='<0 - Opaque, 1 - Transparent>' background.color='<a
long>' font.face='<name of type face (i.e., SYSTEM, COURIER)>'
font.height='<negative number for points, positive number for PBUs
(i.e., -10 = 10 points, 10 = 10 PBUs>' font.weight='<400 - Normal, 700 -
Bold>' font.family='<0 - AnyFont, 1 - Roman, 2 - Swiss, 3 - Modern, 4 -
Script, 5 - Decorative>' font.pitch='<0 - default, 1 - Fixed, 2 - Variable>'
font.charset='<0 - Ansi, 1 - default, 2 - Symbol, 128 - Shift JIS, 255 -
OEM>' font.italic='<0 - False, 1 - True>' font.strikethrough='<0 - False,
1 - True>' font.underline='<0 - False, 1 - True>' html.link='<URL (with or
without parameters) that is used to generate a link for each row of the
particular column>' html.linktarget='<Target frame or window that is used to
as part of the generated link for each row of the particular column>'
html.linkargs='<argName>='<expr>' [<argName>='<expr>'] ...'"+&
"  edit.validatecode=<Yes or No> edit.focusrectangle=<Yes or No>
edit.format=<constant string containing display format (i.e., [general]) for
col (can also be an expression)> edit.nilisnull=<Yes or No>
edit.password=<Yes or No> edit.required=<Yes or No> edit.hscrollbar=<Yes or
No> edit.limit=<max number of chars the user can type (0 - 32767)>
edit.codetable=<Yes or No> edit.displayonly=<Yes or No>
edit.autovscroll=<Yes or No> edit.case=<Any, Upper or Lower>
edit.autohscroll=<Yes or No> edit.autoselect=<Yes or No>
edit.vscrollbar=<Yes or No> edit.name='<repository style name, if any>') ")
========================= Computed Field =============================
<DW Control Name>.Modify(&
"create compute(band=<Detail, Footer, Header, Header.<group #>, Summary,
Trailer.<group #>, Background, Foreground>"  +  &
" color='<a long>' alignment='<0 - Left, 1 - Right, 2 - Center>'
border='<0 - None, 1- Shadow, 2 - Box, 3 - Resize, 4 - Underline, 5 - 3D
Lowered, 6 - 3D Raised>'" + &
" height.autosize=<Yes or No> pointer='<Arrow!, Cross!, HourGlass!, IBeam!,
Icon!, Size!, SizeNESW!, SizeNS!, SizeNWSE!, SizeWE!, UpArrow!, or cursor
filename (with path)>' moveable=<0 - False, 1 - True> resizeable=<0 - False,
integer>' format='<constant string containing display format (i.e.,
[general]) for col (can also be an expression)>'" + &
type face (i.e., SYSTEM, COURIER)>' font.height='<negative number for
points, positive number for PBUs (i.e., -10 = 10 points, 10 = 10 PBUs>'
font.weight='<400 - Normal, 700 - Bold>' font.family='<0 - AnyFont, 1 -
Roman, 2 - Swiss, 3 - Modern, 4 - Script, 5 - Decorative>' font.pitch='<0 -
default, 1 - Fixed, 2 - Variable>' font.charset='<0 - Ansi, 1 - default, 2 -
Symbol, 128 - Shift JIS, 255 - OEM>' font.italic='<0 - False, 1 - True>'
font.strikethrough='<0 - False, 1 - True>' font.underline='<0 - False, 1 -
True>' background.mode='<0 - Opaque, 1 - Transparent>' background.color='<a
long>')")
Regards ... Chris

"test" <@> wrote in message news:ea%23DD36GDHA.329@forums-2-dub...
> hello
>
> I have a external datawindow, would like to add a column or a computed
field
> based on the calculations required at runtime.
> Any ideas ?
>
> thanks

0
Chris
5/16/2003 2:24:50 PM
Have a look at SyntaxFromSQL powerscript function
0
ThomasT

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Is it possible to add a column to an external datawindow at runtime...?
Hi All, Is it possible to dynamically add a new column to an external datawindow at runtime...? Thanks in advance for your response. Jein. Yes, but it's ugly. As I recall, you have to replace the DataWindow.Table attribute as a whole to make a place in the buffer, as well as adding the visible attributes of the column and any label. Look at an export of an existing DW to see what you need to do. Jeinutheen Mohamed wrote in message <42F0VrIdCHA.278@forums.sybase.com>... >Hi All, > >Is it possible to dynamically add a new column to an external data...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Add datawindow control for master datawindow
Hi, I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8 "Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps: 1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a control to be the master DataWindow in the applic. 2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL 3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I can't move with the mouse. 4. I select Properties. The name ...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Datawindow add a column

Populating a column with a dropdown datawindow within a datawindow.
I have a datawindow which contains two fields. One is named "customer_name" and the other is "job_siteno". these fields are contained in two different tables which are related by a foreign key column "cust_id". Both of these columns have a DDDW edit control. When I select the customer name I want to then have the "job_siteno" column populated with all the site numbers related to this particular customer. I would then be able to select the site number from the DDDW edit control. Selecting the customer number is no problem. My problem is that th...

Add datawindow control for master datawindow #2
Hi, I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8 "Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps: 1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a control to be the master DataWindow in the applic. 2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL 3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I can't move with the mouse. 4. I select Properties. The name ...

How to add a column which is not in database in a datawindow
I'd like to insert a column in a datawindo wich is not from database, it's only a value i use in the process os each row in datawindow, How i Do it? Thanks Try adding a computed column in the dw painter, select mode (SQL mode). (In the bottom you will see a tab compute) HTH "Pere Pie" <perepie@retemail.es> wrote in message news:86oVLwFFBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > I'd like to insert a column in a datawindo wich is not from database, it's > only a value i use in the process os each row in datawindow, How i Do it? > >...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Adding columns to a datawindow at runtime
Does anyone know how to add columns and headings to a grid datawindow at runtime? I want to have a datawindow with a number of columns of checkboxes equal to the number of different report types specified in a database table, and I would like to dynamically map the report types to their corresponding columns on the datawindow depending on how many report types are in the database. I figure I could create about 50 or so columns ahead of time in the datawindow and then show/hide them and re-label them depending on the number of reports at runtime, but if anyone knows a truly dynamic w...

How to add columns in crosstab datawindow
PB 9.0 SQL Server 200 TIA ...

Web resources about - Add a column to the datawindow at runtime - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo