Access to nested report data (from the datawindow painter?)

Is there any way to access nested report data from the datawindow painter?
I would like to do a comparison between a value in the group trailer row and
a value in the the nested report (which is also in the group trailer row)
and (for instance) subtract one value from the other to show the
difference).  I understand that nested data can be accessed from powerscript
using the datawindowchild functions, but I'm not sure how to parlay that
into the kind of comparison I want to do.

Oh, did I mention I'm using PB 6.5 (in case there are any differences in
this area among various versions of PB)?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Dick Walter

0
Richard

Datawindow Nested Datawindow in data entry
hi!!! all , can i use nested datawindow in data entry to show important data ? means i want to show scrolling infomration on each row of a detail of a master detail screen. how can I do it ? means in an entry screen I want to show some scrolling information as the detail of detail on each row ? thanks , -neelesh If information is less you can simply add a dummy column,In detail screen. no the information is not less ... but the requirement is to make it as another detail as we don't know how much rows may come in it ... if it is more then the screen then ...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

How to get data from nested report in datawindow?
I am using PB6.5 I used an nested report in current datawindow to get some data from database and I need to use data retrieved from nested report to compute in current window , and I do not how? Any help is apreciated... Mladen Mladen, If your nested report is on a composite DW and it doesn't itself have nested reports in it then you can use GetChild() to get a ref to the nested report then use the ref to call typical DW functions. Use those functions to grab the data and do what you want with it. If GetChild() doesn't work (because your DW doesn't match...

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

Nested Datawindow, accessing data in runtime
Is there any way to access any object embedded into a nested datawindow in runtime? TIA Yes, you can use ... a) "DC.Object.yourobj.property = value" aka Data Expression or dot notation or b) DC.Modify ("yourobj.property = value") Regards ... Chris "Olman Quesada" <quesadal@racsa.co.cr> wrote in message news:QS$8jVJdCHA.197@forums.sybase.com... > Is there any way to access any object embedded into a nested datawindow in > runtime? > > TIA > > ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Can you access fields in a nested reports in a DataWindow?
I have a DataWindow with a nested report in the detail band. This report has a totals column in it. I was wondering if there was some way, without using another nested report, to give a Grand Total at the end of the report based on the values in the nested report. Off the top of my head, it seems you should be able to script this. That is, you can access the values in the nested report, sum them, and then insert them into a computed column on the parent datawindow. You also may be able to included a computed column on the parent datawindow that does the calculation for you. ...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

Child datawindows (Nested DataWindows)
Hello all...I was wondering... I have used Child Datawindows for quite some time under PB9.03. These are invaluable when a user is in the Parent DataWindow and must choose a value from a list of choices provided by the Child DataWindow. The kind of Child DataWindow I am talking about is a DropDownDataWindow (DDDW). This is the only kind I have ever used. I was simply wondering whether there are more kinds of Child DataWindows other than the DDDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:) The next most popular use is of child DWs within Composite Presentation Style parents. Nested ...

No nested datawindows or n-up datawindows?
Hi: Are there no nested datawindows or n-up datawindows in Pocket? I can't seem to add them in the painter, yet the help describes the properties rows_Per_detail... Regards Currently, these DW types are not supported in PK 2.0.2. "Ignacio Mateos" <imateos@telefonica.net> wrote in message news:43282d5f$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi: > > Are there no nested datawindows or n-up datawindows in Pocket? > > I can't seem to add them in the painter, yet the help describes the > properties rows_Per_detail... > > Regards > ...

Urgent
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1. I have a report with the following layout: Datawindow A contain Datawindow B, Datawindow B contain Datawindow C And I want to get a reference to Datawindow C. However, I tried to use GetChild() for Datawindow B. It retured -1. Thus, I also tried to get another Datawindow D which is nested in Datawindow A and no nested datawindow nested in it. Then, using GetChild is worked for this case. Am I missing something?? is there any other way round?? Any ideas or suggestion are welcome. Thanks in Advance. Best Regards, Andy Cheung ...

Web resources about - Access to nested report data (from the datawindow painter?) - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo