About Datawindow - Stored Procedure (PB 7.0 -MSSQL 7.0)

Hi,
    I have created a datawindow from a stored procedure created in MSSQL
7.0.
I am passing arguments to the stored procedure.
When I retrieve data for the datawindow I pass valid values for the
arguments, but the datawindow prompts for the
arguments again for the second time then shows the result. When it prompts
second time for the arguments if I say cancel it still retrieves the data.
This happens in the preview mode as well as through the script.
What is going wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

0
LNN

Sorry Guys , I found the problem.
Don't worry about it!

LNN wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>    I have created a datawindow from a stored procedure created in MSSQL
>7.0.
>I am passing arguments to the stored procedure.
>When I retrieve data for the datawindow I pass valid values for the
>arguments, but the datawindow prompts for the
>arguments again for the second time then shows the result. When it prompts
>second time for the arguments if I say cancel it still retrieves the data.
>This happens in the preview mode as well as through the script.
>What is going wrong ?
>
>Thanks in advance.

0
LNN
6/9/1999 2:05:06 PM
I am having the same problem.  Can you post the resolution.

Thanks
> Sorry Guys , I found the problem.
> Don't worry about it!
>
> LNN wrote in message ...
> >Hi,
> >    I have created a datawindow from a stored procedure
> created in MSSQL >7.0.
> >I am passing arguments to the stored procedure.
> >When I retrieve data for the datawindow I pass valid
> values for the >arguments, but the datawindow prompts for
> the >arguments again for the second time then shows the
> result. When it prompts >second time for the arguments if
> I say cancel it still retrieves the data. >This happens in
> the preview mode as well as through the script. >What is
> going wrong ? >
> >Thanks in advance.

0
JHoffman

Downgrade from 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 to 7.0.0
What would be the issues involved, and what steps would be needed to downgrade from either 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 back down to 7.0.0? Am I stuck with offloading the databases to flat files, uninstalling, installing the mandated version, and then re-importing the flat files? Any advice for this Sybase newbie would be much appreciated. Thanks. No issues, easy steps... I often switch between point releases simply by copying/renaming subdirectories of C:\Program Files\Sybase. Each time I install a new upgrade or EBF I make a copy of the subdirectory; on *this* laptop it now looks like ...

PB 7.0.03 vs. PB 7.0.02C3
Hi All I have this question. My company decided to move from PB 6.0 to PB 7.0.03. In the process, I learned about existing regression bugs in version 7.0.03. The solution to this problem would be to install PB 7.0.02C3. Does anybody know how to get this version, or any other reliable release of version 7? Regards Roman Pruszkowski I heard from this newsgroup the c3 8046 is the most stable version of PB 7.. you can download the upgrade for PB 7 from www.mysybase.com "Roman" <pruszkowskir@aecl.ca> wrote in message news:a1fgFzhsAHA.266@forums.sybase.com... ...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PB 7.0.2 can not find PB 7.0 install
I am still working through this with tech support but so far have not found a solution. I have installed the desktop version of PB 7.0. After doing so I try to install the PB 7.0.2 maintenance release. I am told by the install software that I do not have a ledgimate version of PB 7.0 or 7.01 and the install is broken off abruptly. Of course I do have 7.0 installed. This is happening on a Win95 and Win98 machine, though it does not happen on a Win 4.0 (sp6a) machine. Is the 7.02 version you have for Desktop? Woody Splawn wrote: > I am still working through this wi...

Graph DataWindows in PB 7.0.3 Crash w/ "Divide by 0"
I just upgraded to PB 7.0.3. After I do a Full Rebuild of my application, it seems that all graph datawindows (or windows containing them) crash the application, with a GPF that mentions divide by 0. This happens whether I try to open the DW in the painter, or whether I run the application and try to use the window that contains the graph. I observed the same problem with the latest EBF version of PB 7.0.2 (C4, I believe) but was hoping that with a full release of 7.0.3 it would go away. The problem occurs even if I just try to create a simple new graph DW. As soon as I finis...

Upgrading 7.0.0 to 7.0.1
I am trying to solve a PHP problem with 7.0.0 and have been told that the problem is fixed in 7.0.1 and that I should upgrade. The problem is HOW do I upgrade from 7.0.0 to 7.0.1. We have a registered copy of 7.0.0 which has been patched to build 477, but there is no downloadable upgrade to 7.0.1 on the web site. I have downloaded both the 7.0.1 1138 and 1161 EBF's but neither will apply themselves to our current build. Does anybody have any idea how to do this. Andrew Niven >The problem is HOW do I upgrade from 7.0.0 to 7.0.1. We have >a registered copy o...

Migration to PB 7.0 and MSS 7.0
Does someone have an good answer to the datawindows having problems when you change the database behind it. We would like to migrate all our systems to MSS 7.0 and PB 7.0. I am told there is a need for our production sql boxes to have only one version of MSS on it, which means 6.5 is out. Is there something that can be done so that we don't get the PB 6.5 (and prior versions error message) "Database overflow error.", or the PB 7.0 version is something like "Columns list do not match."??? I would very much like to avoid touching the sql on every datawindow and...

Migration to PB 7.0 and MSS 7.0
Does someone have an good answer to the datawindows having problems when you change the database behind it. We would like to migrate all our systems to MSS 7.0 and PB 7.0. I am told there is a need for our production sql boxes to have only one version of MSS on it, which means 6.5 is out. Is there something that can be done so that we don't get the PB 6.5 (and prior versions error message) "Database overflow error.", or the PB 7.0 version is something like "Columns list do not match."??? I would very much like to avoid touching the sql on every datawindow and...

7.0.0 To 7.0.2 In Windows?
Longtime 5.5 user, just got 7.0.. Went first to update page to get latest patches. ALL the platforms EXCEPT Windows have a clearly marked: Adaptive Server Anywhere - Maintenance Release (English), Upgrade of 7.0.x to 7.0.2 Where under Windows it goes: Adaptive Server Anywhere - Emergency Bug Fix, Update of 7.0.2 to build 1462 7.0.2 09 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch Adaptive Server Anywhere - Emergency Bug Fix, Update of 7.0.1 to build 1176 7.0.1 14 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Adaptive Server Anywhere - Verified Bug Fixes, Update of 7.01 to build 1169 7.0.1 14 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch ...

What Does PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Fix From 7.0?
Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 fixes from 7.0? Thanks... Cayce http://download.sybase.com/software/tools/eastudio/35EBF1/pb702_ebf_8011.htm -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "Cayce Cook" <ccook@linnet.ca> wrote in message news:UGpDliNl$GA.298@forums.sybase.com... > Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 > fixes from 7.0? > > > Thanks... > Cayce > > ...

Grid Datawindow Column Headers lost when visible set=0 then set = 1 in PB 7.0.3
Is there a fix or a way around the reported problem of the Column Headers being blank in a datawindow Grid when you set the column Visible property from 0 to 1. I have an application that allows a customer to create Views/Profiles by selecting which columns in the datawindow they wish to see/edit. All non-selected columns have the visible property set to 0. When you change from one datawindow view/profile to another one that has a column that was not visible in the previous view, the column header is blank ( even though the visible property was changed to 1 ). This is a reported problem...

PB 7.0.3 C5 Localized files on PB 7.0.3 Desktop
Hi, I found a file in my.sybase.com that says: "PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files" Release Date: 16 Feb 2001 I have PB 7.0.3 Desktop, can I use this files? And what is C5? Is a Build code only for the Enterprise version of PB? Many Thanks Oliver Please help :-) Oliver Schulze L. wrote: > Hi, > I found a file in my.sybase.com that says: > "PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files" Release Date: 16 Feb 2001 > > I have PB 7.0.3 Desktop, can I use this files? > > And what is C5? Is a Build code only for the Enterprise ...

Migrate from PB 7.0.2 Build 8046 to PB 7.0.3 Build 10009
Is it a good move ? I use PB 7.0.2 C3 Build 8047 on Windows NT 4 sp 6a, but I want to move to Windows 2000 soon. I read than only the version 7.0.3 and above are Windows 2000 compilant. Do I have to expect some problems if I move to the version 7.0.3 Build 10009 than I dwonloaded from the sybase web site. Thank for your answers... Franc. Hi, I don't know if there is a technical problem. But my app. and PB works on Winnt 4.0 and Win2K server very fine. And i've don't received any problem reports since a long time. (The versions i've tested are 7.0, 7.0.2 ...

Web resources about - About Datawindow - Stored Procedure (PB 7.0 -MSSQL 7.0) - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo