a better Datawindow SaveAs function - Datawindow Cut and Past facility ?

(First of all - apologies for crossposting - but it kind of suits the
general newsgroup and the datawindow newsgroup !)

Dear all,

A general question about a common request from our clients...

Is there a PB utility (third party or otherwise) to allow the user save a
datawindow in some sort of WYSIWYG format.
I know you can use the SaveAs function, but this saves all of the columns in
the underlying select statement, not just
the columns visible to the user. It's also not WYSIWYG.

This is a long shot ... but is there some tool I can use to allow the user
'Cut and Paste' sections of a DataWindow to
Word (for example). I've seen some applications written in Delphi that have
this feature - so it's often thrown back at me !!!

Thanks for any ideas you may have,

Peter

0
Peter

The only way to get WYIWYG is to save to PDF or PB PSR format..
Check out www.powerwhizz.com for printing

"Peter Moran" <peter[NOSPAM]@equisoft.ie> wrote in message
> (First of all - apologies for crossposting - but it kind of suits the
> general newsgroup and the datawindow newsgroup !)
>

> Dear all,
>
> A general question about a common request from our clients...
>
> Is there a PB utility (third party or otherwise) to allow the user save a
> datawindow in some sort of WYSIWYG format.
> I know you can use the SaveAs function, but this saves all of the columns
in
> the underlying select statement, not just
> the columns visible to the user. It's also not WYSIWYG.
>
> This is a long shot ... but is there some tool I can use to allow the user
> 'Cut and Paste' sections of a DataWindow to
> Word (for example). I've seen some applications written in Delphi that
have
> this feature - so it's often thrown back at me !!!
>
> Thanks for any ideas you may have,
>
> Peter

0
egattu
5/31/2001 4:13:52 PM
On Thu, 31 May 2001 15:25:43 +0100,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Peter Moran <peter[NOSPAM]@equisoft.ie> wrote:
>Is there a PB utility (third party or otherwise) to allow the user save a
>datawindow in some sort of WYSIWYG format.
>I know you can use the SaveAs function, but this saves all of the columns in
>the underlying select statement, not just
>the columns visible to the user. It's also not WYSIWYG.

Actually, that depends on the format you save it out in.  Several of the
formats do support WYSIWYG (WMF, PSR, HTML).

The other option is to 'print' the datawindow to an image format (PDF, TIF,
JPG, etc.) using a 'print driver' that saves the job out in those formats.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.exp.com/a?lid=4095
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
5/31/2001 4:39:02 PM
I am aware of the PDF driver. However, Adobe's licensing policy (per seat!)
makes it prohibitively expensive when deploying our application in a typical
50-500 seat environment. Are you aware of a specific TIF or JPG driver we
can use? (Prefer not to use fax drivers if possible)

Thanks

> The other option is to 'print' the datawindow to an image format (PDF,
TIF,
> JPG, etc.) using a 'print driver' that saves the job out in those formats.
>

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]

0
Larry
7/19/2001 9:37:25 PM
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:37:25 +1000,
Larry Peters <peterslarry@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I am aware of the PDF driver. However, Adobe's licensing policy (per seat!)
>makes it prohibitively expensive when deploying our application in a typical
>50-500 seat environment.

Agreed.  I'm going to vote for a SaveAs(PDF!) as an enhancement for PB9.  I
think I'll vote for it a couple hundred times......Second only to the number
of times I'm going to vote for a XMLDW.

http://www.visolu.com/visprnt.htm

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
7/20/2001 3:05:36 PM
P.S.  If you do want to try another approach with PDF, you might check out
www.pdfzone.com.  There are a number of other PDF generators out there that
you might be able to use instead.

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:37:25 +1000,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Larry Peters <peterslarry@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I am aware of the PDF driver. However, Adobe's licensing policy (per seat!)
>makes it prohibitively expensive when deploying our application in a typical
>50-500 seat environment. Are you aware of a specific TIF or JPG driver we
>can use? (Prefer not to use fax drivers if possible)
>
>Thanks
>>
>> The other option is to 'print' the datawindow to an image format (PDF,
>TIF,
>> JPG, etc.) using a 'print driver' that saves the job out in those formats.
>>

>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
7/20/2001 3:06:27 PM
Thank you Bruce,

I will investigate visprnt

Larry

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:0Jwku1SEBHA.202@forums.sybase.com...
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:37:25 +1000,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
> Larry Peters <peterslarry@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >I am aware of the PDF driver. However, Adobe's licensing policy (per
seat!)
> >makes it prohibitively expensive when deploying our application in a
typical
> >50-500 seat environment.
>
> Agreed.  I'm going to vote for a SaveAs(PDF!) as an enhancement for PB9.
> think I'll vote for it a couple hundred times......Second only to the
number
> of times I'm going to vote for a XMLDW.
>
> >Are you aware of a specific TIF or JPG driver we can use?
>
> http://www.visolu.com/visprnt.htm
>

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.needhim.org

INTRAFIN

Powerbuilder SaveAs() Function
I need to save datawindows to excel files. I currently have the following code to invoke the Save As dialog box: dw_format.SaveAs("",Excel!,TRUE) What I need to know is how do I set the default directory that the file will save to to My Documents? The user needs to be able to specify the name of the file so I can't just put the entire path in the quotes. Can anyone help? I'm a fairly new user and trying to learn as much as I can as I go. Thanks, Nick nklenke@hotmail.com If memory serves me correctly, you can't specify just the path. If you do...

Cut and Paste Not Functioning
Name: Dan Christ Email: dandotchristatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Cut and Paste Not Functioning Comments: Using b2evolution blogging software, and cannot copy text from a tinyurl page into the popup link dialog box. Very annoyinh. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020511 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Functions cut, copy + paste
Name: Patrick Coulon Email: pcoatwanadoodotfr Product: Firefox Summary: Functions cut, copy + paste Comments: For some reasons, usage of cut, copy and paste functions for certain Internet site doen't work on my computer. Even after creating the "user.js" file under Mozilla/Firefox directory, it doesn't work. Can someone help me ? Many thanks in advance and have a nice day. Patrick. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Cut And Paste Functionality for the DW
Has anybody out there in PB Land found a way to cut and paste from a datawindow into anything (word,wordpad,notepad,etc. Richtext datawindows are not a solution due to the layout and complexity of the datawindow (you can't group data in RTF, or can you?) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom Granados MCIWorldcom You mean copy and paste more than one column/row? Look at the .Selected.Data and .Data properties of a datawindow object. You can use those to get a tab delimited string representing the datawindow data. On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:24:24 -0400, in powersoft...

Cut,Copy, Paste functions
Hi! Is it possible to catch Ctrl+C. Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X keys in a datawindow? I would like to enable paste menu option when user an user copies or cuts a text. THX It's already available(naturally, from Windows (;-)) in editable DW fields. Please explain in more details what you are trying to achieve. > Hi! > > Is it possible to catch Ctrl+C. Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X keys in a > datawindow? I would like to enable paste menu option when > user an user copies or cuts a text. > > THX > > I want to enable Cut, Copy and Paste submenu items depending on...

No cut/copy/paste function? Are you insane?
Name: Chris Bradshaw Email: chrisdotbradshawatbcgeudotca Product: Firefox Summary: No cut/copy/paste function? Are you insane? Comments: Are you people out of your f*****g minds? You've disabled the Cut/Copy/Paste features in rich text editing in Firefox?! This is insanity! You've just turned me off the Firefox browser, and I'm sure thousands of others will follow. And your complicated instructions for enabling these features are laughable. Who in their right minds are going to do this for every site they want to access? Give your heads a shake, and join the...

Missing some cut&paste functionality in PD9
There is no possibility to paste a text to some grids (for example to the "Expression" column in the "Customize Columns and Filter" dialog, which is quite annoying imperfection. Can we hope this bug will be repaired in some EBF? It has a better chance of getting fixed if you report it by starting a case with tech support. -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mike@nospam!datamodel.org Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <Petr Borsky> wrote in message news:40114336.75ba.8469308...

Powerbuilder Freezing, Keying errors, Cut/Paste
I have PB8.0 with XP and it freezes quite often. Any suggestions. But especially bad is the lack of ctrl-C, ctrl-V functionality when editing functions. Why does my cut/paste not work properly? Thanks, Douglas XP is not supported. I would definitely get the 801 upgrade. There are known issues with ctrl-c etc in the 8.0 release. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "D. Meade" <dmeade@goldbergmeade.com> wrote in ...

PowerBuilder Function SaveAs Error in MS Office 2003
We have a powerbuilder application to use saveas function to save datawindow data to MS spreasheet in MS office 2003, but we got a error saying "Error calling external function SaveAs". Could you tell us that the function does not work for MS office 2003? We use powerbuilder 8.0.1 and 6.5. The dw.saveas() function doesn't care about the office version installed. Are you using OLE? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement ...

Better way to cut and paste text (Strings) in VS2008 ?
 There was a add in called Smart Paster but i cant seem to get it working on VS2008. What i am looking for is a tool that will allow me to past strings (mostly XML) and when the post it made in side C# the string is clean with correct "" etc Is their any thing else ?  VisualStudio.NET 2008 Source - http://www.papadimoulis.com/alex/SmartPaster2008sln.zip Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you...

Cut/paste function, how is it handled in NetWare 5.1?
Hello: NOS is NetWare 5.1 SP3 (I know I'm behind) using the traditional directory/file system (non-NSS). Workstations are W2K SP3 (NTFS) w/additional patches and using Novell Client 32 4.83 SP1 plus extra patches. When a user opens Windows Explorer on workstation and does one of the following functions, how does NetWare handle this: A. Select the file(s), cuts the file(s) (doesn't matter what method, i.e. right-click and choose cut or click on option in Explorer menu), and pastes to a new directory on same mapped drive. (Does NetWare do a copy first, then ...

Giving cut, copy, paste functionality to a textbox in a XUL window...
Hi, The copy and paste functionality doesn't work consistently in a XUL textbox(which is part of dialog). I want to capture when ever control+c is pressed and copy the text to clip board, and paste it when ctrl+v is pressed. Copying to/from the clipboard can be done easily, but how will I capture the keys pressed by the user? I can define a key using the 'key' element for control+c. But how can I attach it to a textbox? Thanks & Regards, - Raj Rajendra Prasad Murakonda wrote: > The copy and paste functionality doesn't work consistently in a XUL >...

Copy, Paste, and Cut Toolbar icon functions don't work
Name: Roger Williams Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: Copy, Paste, and Cut Toolbar icon functions don't work Comments: I just found another bug when I highlighted The Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 and clicked on the Copy icon on the toolbar and what I copied didn't paste. I had to select Copy , dropped down from Edit. Copy, Paste, and Cut Toolbar icons don't work. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061213 Minefield/3.0a1 The functions now work in Firefox 2.0 but they don't work in Minefield...

How to add "copy,cut,paste,delete" functions to TRichedit [Edit]
I have add pop-up menu with:copy,cut,paste,delete items to my form. And in richedit properties i have add to popupmenu "mypopupmenu". So now i may select test, go on it with mouse and click right mouse to get mypopup menu. I was thinking that would be some work to do now, to make all for functions to work. So i was wondering if someone can help me with this? Or maybe RE does have already tools for this? Edited by: ivan golubar on Mar 29, 2014 7:54 AM ivan golubar wrote: > I have add pop-up menu with:copy,cut,paste,delete items to my form. And in richedit properties i ha...

Paste Statement questions (Not Paste Function)
I am running PB 8.0.3 build 9506 and recently change my preferences to auto insert script. I am now noticing that when I paste script, for example, For Next Step loop, that all the letters are lower case. I believe that before I turned autoscripting on that the pasted statements were mixed case where the first letters were upper case. Does anyone know how I can paste statement in mixed case because it makes it a bit easier to read. TIA Anthony Savino I have build 6028 running here which I installed today, never turned on autoscripting and it's pasting all in Lower cas...

Web resources about - a better Datawindow SaveAs function - Datawindow Cut and Past facility ? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo