Watcom 4.0 and PB 5.0.03

How can I using PowerBuilder 5.0.03 and Watcom 4.0 ( from PowerBuilder
4.0.05)?. I know that I need to define an ODBC profile, but I have ODBC
32bit ODBC DataSource Administrator, and I don�t view nothing reference
about WOD40W.DLL, and I can�t declare any profile. Is necessary to install
other utility?.
thanks and excuse me for my little english.

0
Oscar

>How can I using PowerBuilder 5.0.03 and Watcom 4.0 ( from PowerBuilder
>4.0.05)?. I know that I need to define an ODBC profile, but I have ODBC
>32bit ODBC DataSource Administrator, and I don�t view nothing reference
>about WOD40W.DLL, and I can�t declare any profile. Is necessary to install
>other utility?.
>thanks and excuse me for my little english.

A 32bit application, such as Powerbuilder, cannot use a 16bit
datasource.  You will need to install 32bit watcom sql.  Or, you could
install 16bit powerbuilder.

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill

Running PB 4.0.06 and PB 5.0.03
We are running Sql Server 6.5. I have been doing maintenance on older apps using PB 4.0.06 and (finally) have a chance to do some new development. PB 4 and PB 5 were running smoothly on the same machine. We were using Named Pipes as our dll. Last week , after I re-installed MS SQL Enterprise Manager and changing to TCP/IP, PB 5 is running smoothly and can connect to both our old and new databases. PB 4 cannot see anything and is giving the following error message - "Db-library network communication layer not loaded." Duh ??? All the dll's are in my search p...

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

PB 4.0.03 & PB 6.0.0 issues
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS READING PB PRODUCTS: 1. WE HAVE USED PB 4.0.03 ENTERPRISE FOR YEARS NOW, ARE THERE PATCHES FOR Y2K CONCERNS THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD? 2. WE HAVE ALSO PB 6.0.0 PROFESSIONAL, AND ENCOUNTERED SOME ODBC 4.0 GLITCHES RELATING TO MS-ACCESS 97 ("... Program type out of range ..."), ARE THERE PATCHES ALSO FOR THESE CONCERNS AND Y2K ISSUES. I read a response pointing where to find the different patches. I did not see though any patches specific to PB 4.0.03 and PB 6.0.0. I would great...

Running PB 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 on same PC
I am attempting to run PowerBuilder 3, 4, 5 (both 16 and 32 bit), and 6 on the same PC. I know that sounds crazy but all of those releases are still in use at my company. The only problem I am having is I can't get 6.0 to use its own pb.ini file. I am running NT 4.0 and have made the following entries in my WIN.INI in the [Powerbuilder] section: INITPATH=c:\...... statement for PB3, INITPATH040 for PB4, INITPATH050 for PB5, and INITPATH060 for PB6. This method works for PB3, 4, and 5 but not 6. PB6 seems to be using the INITPATH statement but ignores the INITPATH060 statement. M...

watcom 4.0 and Powerbuilder 4.0
Is there a conflict between 16 bit odbc and 32 bit odbc running under Win 95? I can't seem to connect to our Watcom SQL 4.0 databases. I get error message "Can't load interface...." What troubleshooting should I be doing? Do I need new ODBC drivers? Thanks Stephane ...

Migrating from PB v5 to v5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03.
Hello, 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can anyone offer advice? Do they both need to call Technical Support? I've looked in our Technical Information Library and entering requests via Query Builder yields nothing. Thank you very much. Deborah (Information Products Group) Deborah Blakeney wrote: > > Hello, > > 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate > from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can > anyone offer advice? Do the...

Are you using PB 5.0.03 version of PBODB050.DLL with PB 5.0.04??
PB 5.0.04 applications connected to SQL Anywhere 5.5 will GPF on disconnect when ODBC 3.5 or greater is installed. I believe this may only happen for win95 as opposed NT/98. Replacing PBODB050.DLL with the PB 5.0.03 version has been a common 'folk remedy'. We have just discovered a problematic side-effect: If instead of connecting to SA 5.5, you connect to SA 7, and your PB application uses datawindows which retrieve through calls to Stored Procedures, then such a retrieve produces a database error: Select error: SQLSTATE = S1009 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Invalid use o...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

Migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 5.0
I am hving a hard time trying to convert from Powerbuilder v4.0 to v5.0. After I have migrated the entire application, i then try to open up a Window and keep getting the message "Open of Window failed. Application has been converted to newest version; window must be re-migrated". I then try to re-migrate the Window and re-open it and again the same message. Any ideas?? Does it definitely say 'remigrated' and not 'regenerated'? If the latter, then regenerating all objects should sort it. Mark Sanford wrote in message <01bd8e64$08e151e0$a4012682@s...

PowerBuilder 5.0 to 5.0.0.2
I hope this the correct venue for this question. I have a fresh install of PB 5.0 and I need to upgrade it to 5.0.0.2. I have found plenty of reference/downloads to 5.0.0.4 on the sybase website, but I need to go from 5.0 to 5.0.0.2. Where can I download the correct patch/upgrade? Thanks 5.0.0.2 is no longer available. You can choose between 5.0.03 (bug infested) and 5.0.04 (stable). -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Dwayne Bordelon" <dwayne.bordelon@shawinc...

1.5.0.0.3 vs 1.5.0.0.4
I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular, some sites often just hang when I click on links. A particularly bad site is Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a computer - gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages. I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail. It works flawlessly with IE. I downloaded fresh copies of 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 with the intent of uninstalling the latter and then trying the former. *The uninstall process hung*. So I installed 1.5.0.3 on top of 1.5.0.4. The Dell site now works fl...

PB 5.0.03 (and 4.0.x) problem with reuse of dynamic cursor?
Here's a weird one...memory leak related to reuse of dynamic cursors... we have a continuously running application which polls for data and processes what it finds. Several functions in an NVO are repetitively called, and each of them uses and reuses a dynamic cursor (Format 4 dynamic SQL - after first use within each function, the cursor is closed, then PREPARE through OPEN is repeated on the same cursor. Database engine is MSSQL 6.5/SP 3 on NT 4.0 We experienced significant memory leaks with this setup, so much so that the app would crash on 'out of memory' after r...

Migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0
Hi, I have some questions regarding migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0 1) I am migrating a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0. When I migrated the application, I got some warnings and Informational messages. I also got one error message in a user object : Error : C0181 : The argument to SetNull cannot be an autoinstantiate or structure. The argument I have is a structure instance. Is there another function I can use instead ? 2) This application also uses the funcky library. I was wondering what is a better substitute for these in 7.0. 3) Stephen Dupre also mentioned in on...

PB 5.0.4 and Oracle 8.0.5
Hello : Does anyone knows whether PowerBuilder 5.0.4 is compatible with Oracle 8.0.5 ? My application is developed using PB 5.0.4, Pro*C and backend database is, at this moment, Oracle 8.0.3. We have plans to upgrade database to Oracle 8.0.5, but do not know whether it will affect our application. Thanks and regards, chuanlip@nagase.com.sg I don't believe you'll see a PB5 driver for Oracle 8. However, the Oracle 7.3 driver works just fine with Oracle 8. On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:47:17 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database LIM CL <CHUANLIP@NAGASE.C...

Web resources about - Watcom 4.0 and PB 5.0.03 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Main Page - Open Watcom
Open Watcom is a project of the open source community to maintain and enhance the Watcom C, C++, and Fortran cross compilers and tools. An Open ...

Watcom C/C++ compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
were built using Watcom C/C++, some such as ROTT using the DOS/4GW protected mode extender with the Watcom compiler. Though no longer sold commercially ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Realtime
CMX Company - Makes multitasking RTOS products: CMX-RTX (full RTOS), CMX-TINY+ (small RTOS), CMX-TCP/IP, CMXBug, CMXTracker. These support most ...

B.C. retailers fight back with Black Friday bargains
In recent years, Black Friday sales have driven Canadian shoppers south of the border in droves, but this year local shopping centres are fighting ...

U of Waterloo alumni look back on creator of Fortran variant
Wes Graham was critical to the development of popular WATFOR

Semiahmoo People
The aboriginal people who inhabited Surrey/Watcom Region prior to European contact were the Semiahmoo of the Straits Salish.

A Chronology of Computing at The University of Waterloo The Computer Centre Newsletter. The Computer ...
The term, " Centre of Excellence ," came into use in connection with a $709,000 federal grant to support the Computer Communications Networks ...

Duqu espionage malware authored by "old-school" developers
... execution. The malware authors also seemed to be influenced by the desire for their code to work with multiple compilers, including Watcom C++ ...

Paul Hsieh's WATCOM C/C++ Programmer's FAQ
The WATCOM C/C++ Programmer's FAQ WW WW AA TTTTTTTT CCCC OOOO MM MM cccc /WW WW AAAA TT CC CC OO OO MMMMMMMM cc /WW WW AA AA TT CC OO OO MM MMMM ...