I'm using PowerBuilder v8.0 and would like to create a
notification system for my practiculum project. I'd like to
use Access to create the database. Please enlighten me on
what should I create (e.g. tables, queries) for the usage of
it.
Thank You.
Regards,
Yang Ashra
0
Yang
3/31/2006 4:57:17 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.database
📃 9855 articles.
⭐ 2 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2841 Views

Don't double post, it's bad etiquette.
Unless you have a very good reason to do so, we recommend you don't use
Access.   Use SQL Anywhere instead - it's more stable - and a far better
database in my opinion.  PowerBuilder (enterprise) supports just about every
database out there, so if you want to use something other than Access or SQL
Anywhere, you can do that as well.  You're choice.  You've picked the right
development tool (I'm biased).
If you choose to do it in access, you'll need to create your database using
Access itself.
If you choose to do it in SQL Anywhere, you can create your database from
either SQL Central or from PowerBuilder's database painter.   To use the
database painter, expand "ODB ODBC", then expand "Utilities" then double
click "Create ASA Database" (NOTE: SQL Anywhere is also known as ASA or
Adaptive Server Anywhere).
Once created, you can right click on "Table" and create a new table.
As for what your table design looks like, Terry answered that in your other
posting - that is application specific and only you or your development team
can answer that.

<Yang Ashra> wrote in message news:442ca682.81c.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm using PowerBuilder v8.0 and would like to create a
> notification system for my practiculum project. I'd like to
> use Access to create the database. Please enlighten me on
> what should I create (e.g. tables, queries) for the usage of
> it.
>
> Thank You.
> Regards,
> Yang Ashra

0
Daniel
I'm sorry for the double post because I'm just a new kid to
this webnews...thank you Daniel for the enlightenment..very
much appreciate it...should I have more problem I shall not
hesitate to post my problem...Tq.
Regards,
Yang Ashra
0