two informix server connect to powerbuilder database profile

Please give me some feedback as it is real urgent.

Can I connect to 2 informix database but from the different
INFORMIXSERVER ?
 I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and Informix SetNet32.

 I got an error when doing so as the INFORMIXSERVER don't allow me
connecting to another database from other INFORMIXSERVER. The error message
that I got
is "cannot connect to database server(server name)..."

informix error code -930
--setnet32 enviroment setting(informix server)
   make default server = domeic_oltcp0  <-- powerbuillder database profile
connect O.K
   another informix server = domecw_oltcp0 <--  powerbuillder database
profile not connect
                                                              (informix
error code -930)
windows\hosts
    domeic  = ip address
    domecw = ip address
windows\services
    oltcp0     1525/...
    oltcp1     1526/...
    oltcp2     1527/...

Thanks for any reply !

0
BalckBoy

>Please give me some feedback as it is real urgent.
>
>Can I connect to 2 informix database but from the different
>INFORMIXSERVER ?
> I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and Informix SetNet32.
>
> I got an error when doing so as the INFORMIXSERVER don't allow me
>connecting to another database from other INFORMIXSERVER. The error message
>that I got
>is "cannot connect to database server(server name)..."
>informix error code -930
>--setnet32 enviroment setting(informix server)
>   make default server = domeic_oltcp0  <-- powerbuillder database profile
>connect O.K
>   another informix server = domecw_oltcp0 <--  powerbuillder database
>profile not connect
>                                                              (informix
>error code -930)
>windows\hosts
>    domeic  = ip address
>    domecw = ip address
>windows\services
>    oltcp0     1525/...
>    oltcp1     1526/...
>    oltcp2     1527/...

Unfortunately, setnet32 does not allow simultaneous settings to
different servers.  You have to switch the environment variable and
then will have to disconnect and reconnect to establish the
connection.  I have not found any way around this.  If the databases
are on the same server no problem, but if not you have to change.
FWIW, you can change the registry setting to easily make the change.

Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database
Branick Consulting,Inc.       | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.powerscript
lcermak@branick-inc.com       | www.branick-inc.com (PowerBuilder tips & techniques)
0
lcermak

I use informix database ,I want to know how to get the server time on informix server in powerbuilder
Try to use CURRENT in embedded SQL for select one row, f.e. datetime ldt_cur time lt_cur string ls_time SELECT CURRENT INTO :ldt_cur FROM systables WHERE tabid = 1 ; lt_cur = Time(ldt_cur) // or use ls_time = String(ldt_cur, 'hh:mm:ss') HTH Alex select current date into :ldtDateTime from SomeTable ; ...

how to connect a database server with two databases
Hi, I start a database server (dbsrv6) with two databases(e.g. A and B), but I found that I only connect and query of database A, not B by JDBC . Can ASA support that ???? Thanks Yes, you can connect to any one of the database loaded on a server. Example, if I start the server using dbsrv6 -n myServer A.db B.db C.db Then I can specify which database I want to connect to by using the DBN (databasename) connection parameter, as in dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;eng=myServer;dbn=A" will connect to the A.db database, where as dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;e...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

PowerBuilder 9.03 connection to two databases at the same time
Hello all...We have PB9.03 and are using ODBC to connect to our Sybase ASA 7.0.4 database. My question is simply: Is there any way in PowerBuilder to connect to two different databases at the same time? In your application, yes. In the IDE, no. (Well, you can connect to several different databases, but only one will be considered the "active" connection). On 13 Jul 2006 08:00:18 -0700, Mark wrote: >Hello all...We have PB9.03 and are using ODBC to connect to >our Sybase ASA 7.0.4 database. My question is simply: Is >there any way in PowerBuilder to connect ...

another informix-server connect to database profile setting
Please give me some feedback as it is real urgent. Can I connect to 2 informix database but from the different INFORMIXSERVER ? I am using Powerbuilder 5.0 and Informix SetNet32. I got an error when doing so as the INFORMIXSERVER don't allow me connecting to another database from other INFORMIXSERVER. The error message that I got is "cannot connect to database server(server name)..." informix error code -930 Thanks for any reply ! Informix Error Code -930 is indicating that your SetNet32 parameters are not set correctly for the other database residing in the ot...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

Powerbuilder app connecting to ASA database located on web server.
Hi I have an application writhen in PB7 that currently works over a local network, using ODBC and TCP/IP to connect to an ASA6 database. What I'd like to do is this : I'd like to have the database located on a web server so that it can be accessed from anywhere (the application files would still be held on client machine). I've just started reading up about it and, although I'm fairly proficient with PB, I'm feeling lost as to where to start. I've come across terms such as web.pb, Jaguar, Winsock etc. I've installed IIS on my home machine to test o...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

Web resources about - two informix server connect to powerbuilder database profile - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles