SQL Anywhere 11 and PowerBuilder 11.5.1

Hello,

since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB
datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol.
Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow
the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the
columns were declared as char(1)!

PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is
only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can
write unlimited characters.

Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to
char(0) by default?

Thanks.
0
Benjamin

PowerBuilder 11.5.1 and SQL Anywhere 11
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. Ignore the dataset definition. I suspect your problem ...

Plans for PowerBuilder 11.1 and 11.1.1
I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on Vista Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer ..NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to replace the IE Web Controls. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase Good grief ! Informix 10 finally !!! ... Now that version 11 is almost out there. Well That's good news. ...

Powerbuilder Stored Procs problem against 11.5.1 (and 11.9.2?)
When you want to use Powerbuilder development IDE against a database, you need to load some stored procedures and tables into the database so Powerbuilder can display primary keys, allow you to edit rows in a table, etc. The names are something like pbcatcol, pbcattbl, etc. They're in a SQL script on the Powerbuilder CD. These PB5.0 scripts compile fine against our ASE 11.0.2.2 server, but get syntax errors trying to compile against 11.5.1 (and I assume 11.9.2). The PB6.0 scripts compile fine against 11.5.1, but we use PB5.0 in-house as well. I was able to make them compile (...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 crashed running on Netware 5.1 server that got upgraded from 4.11
The server abend itself when running sql anywhere. can i get help, please? :o) What version and build of v55 are you using? You must be using at least build 1929 or above if you are using v5504. Netware 5 had not been released when 5504 was released, so we had some problems testing that particular configuration. We fixed some NW5 specific problems in the 5504 codeline at build 1929. -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -&...

Difference between IQ 11.0,11.1,11.2 and 11.5
PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and 11.5. Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch available for this? Thanks Shashi Kanth shashi@systemlogic.com ...

Difference between IQ 11.0,11.1,11.2 and 11.5
PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and 11.5. Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch available for this? Thanks Shashi Kanth shashi@systemlogic.com I have never used PowerDesignor WA 6.0 so I'm not sure what a .def file is, but I hope the following answers your questions. The are a lot of differences between the various versions of IQ, but each new version of IQ supports a superset of the previous version's syntax. So all iq commands found in 11....

SQL monitor 11.5.1 on sql server 11.0.3 installation problem
Hello I have sql server 11.0.3.3 swr 8296 running on sun solaris 2.6 I asked for a monitor server and received a sybase 11.5.1 cdrom. I installed monitor server over the existing /usr/sybase 11.0.3 directory. Now I �m missing a detailed startup configation instruction or the run_monserver file. The interfaces file contains three servers 1. SYBASE .... 2. ehd 3. SYB_BACKUP any help is welcome. Matthias Rabast wrote: > I have sql server 11.0.3.3 swr 8296 running on sun solaris 2.6 > I asked for a monitor server and received a sybase 11.5.1 cdrom. > I instal...

Sql Anywhere 5.5 on Netware 4.11 database problems
Problem with Sql Anywhere 5.5 database loaded on a Netware 4.11 server. They get a login screen from a power builder application and can access the database but if they querry anything it just hangs. We've taken this database and can successfully run it on an NT platform with no issues. What should we be looking at? What could be the problem? I'm trying to find out, from the site where this is running, what patches have been added to the server. I'm really not sure what's going on right now! ...

11.5 dump and load in 11.5.1.1 DB
Anyone, Can I load the master and all realted db dump files into a 11.5.1.1 db without going through upgrade process for an existing 11.5 db? If not is there an easy way without going through the entire upgrade process to move up in the small increments of DB versions? After all we are not talking major version differeneces here are we? Thanks, David Miller david_Miller wrote: > Can I load the master and all realted db dump files into a 11.5.1.1 db > without going through upgrade process for an existing 11.5 db? You can't load a dump of master from one versi...

Problem with RS 11.5.1 and ASE 11.5.1
I'm having several problems with RS. The Replication System has 2 ASE (one 11.9.2 and one 11.5.1) and one RS 11.5.1. This should be a bidirectional system. But when I try to replicate from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 with text fields it gives me the following error: ERROR #5150 DSI EXEC(104(1) PORTAL_GF.portal) - /dsiexec.c(2626) Function 'rs_get_textptr' for 'HUMANED_GF' returned multiple rows. I can't understand this because I have a primary key. I also have the following problem when the RS starts: ERROR #28049 DSI(104 PORTAL_GF.portal) - sub_rsts.c(445) ...

Upgrading ASE 11.5(repsrv 11.5.1) to 11.92 on solaris
Hi Sybase Rep Guru's, I want to upgrade my Sybase ASE from 11.5on Sub Solaris 2.6/2.7 to 11.9.2 for bettar performace and stablitiy. We are Replicating our database to a reporting server. When I upgrade My ASE to 11.9.2 will there be any problems with the rep server being 11.5.1 are there any known problems or incompatibilities. Please Help Me Thanks in Advance Balaji ...

Smoke [5.11.1] v5.11.1-225-ge69777c FAIL(XF) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.1 patch e69777c1f1a5fd88505d2345bb3a27e8b7266a68 v5.11.1-225-ge69777c p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 6 hours 48 minutes (average 51 minutes 2 seconds) Summary: FAIL(XF) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = m...

Smoke [5.11.1] v5.11.1-167-g437d421 FAIL(F) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.1 patch 437d4214522421889ca7657c5c9e7dc2f6d1ef7b v5.11.1-167-g437d421 p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 6 hours 43 minutes (average 50 minutes 25 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = m...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 11 and PowerBuilder 11.5.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles